SAU Community

Brand New Jap Built Rb26 R34 N1 Nur Engine Crate Motor With Lots Of Goodies

Hi guys,

I am selling my pride and joy. my "big" motor for my GTR. having bought a house and another car my R32 program is going no further so I have to sell this gear.

The story of this engine.

I wanted to upgrade my R32 to make a nice responsive 600hp and be super reliable.

I bought a brand new R34 N1 Nur crate motor from Nissan japan (have receipts). It cost between $12,000 and $15,000 depending on the exchange rate just for the base engine, all the other parts and labour were on top of that (so over $20,000 spent total).

For those that don't know the R34 N1 Nur motor is the last and best factory nissan built RB26.

It comes with:

Brand new N1 engine block

N1 semi-forged pistons and N1 ring set

N1 oil pump

N1 water pump

N1 cams (longer duration that stock RB26)

N1 valve springs (apparently better than stock RB26)

hand built at nissan and balanced

built to exact tolerances not a 'range' ie. it's blueprinted to enable smooth high rpm operation

It comes with the gold NUR cam covers but I had to buy the center coil pack cover sperately (cost $550!!!)

of course the other big advantage over a simple rebuild is that every single nut/bolt/bearing/part is brand new. think of the cost to replace every single cam cap, cam cap stud, every other bearing, nut, bolt in your engine. it would run to 10s of thousands.

They are a complete new motor from rocker covers to sump and include the sump and front diff. but no bolt on parts (apart from oil and water pump).

I had my shiny new R34 N1 Nur delivered to Prime Garage in Kyushu Japan where it was torn down to be beefed up for hard street and circuit use with around 600hp.

The shop:

cimg0051jq1.jpg

Prime Garage is one of the top tuning houses in Japan. The owner Tetsu is well known throughout japan. He built Yoshioka's D1 AE86 engine which makes something like 350hp NA from it's 1.75L engine (with NOS). It's one of the most famous 20V 4AGs in the world and enabled Yoshioka to win the international D1 round in the US. For that engine Tets was not satisfied with the off the shelf 4AG forged HKS crank and had his own special cranks built for it! Cost is don't ask, don't tell. but it gives an insight as to how capable and how fussy he is about components and results.

They are also an RH9 member workshop. meaning they have built a street spec GTR that runs 9s in street trim on street tyres. :)

Their website: http://www.prime-garage.com/index.html

this is the Yoshioka engine:

http://www.tunersgroup.com/images/large/large814.jpg

image from www.tunersgroup.com

This is the 'special' crank used in the F1 engine. black one is special prime garage crank, other one is HKS crank for comparison. pic by me.

picture112iy6.jpg

some of the other tough engines sitting at Prime Garage when I was last there:

picture120tu9.jpg

my old GTR that was fully built at prime garage (engine and tuning) and then shipped over. built crate motor, GTSS etc. made about 320awkw on about 18psi.

p3sxm1.jpg

Tets also works on a number of Super GT cars including a ASL Garaiya! He has built more GTRs than I've had sushi rolls.

Ok, back to my engine, so it arrived at Prime Garage and Tets began the process of tearing it down.

On top of the already excellent spec list we added:

Full Prime Garage street/track head port job

they do 3 main types of head port jobs, street - street/track - track. obviously street is the mildest track is the wildest. Mine is in the middle. It has both intake and exhaust heavily ported and knife edged, it has 3 angle valve seats cut, it has new valve guides, combustion chambers CC'd, polish, it has had squish pads removed on one side of the head, this is the best compromise as it allows a higher detonation threshold (ie more boost and timing) but still retains good response. There is around $2,000 in labour in the headwork alone. it's one of the best RB26 head jobs you could find anywhere.

Tomei Type B pon cams - 260 degree duration with 9.15mm lift (head has been clearanced to allow bigger cams in future if needed)

Tomei Type B valve springs (allow safe high rpm operation with high lift cams, these springs can also come with higher lift cams)

Tomei adjustable cam pulleys (good 5 bolt design not as prone to slippage as the 3 bolt ones)

Nismo fine tune timing belt (good strong kevlar timing belt)

Mines triple flow cam cover baffle system (very good addition to help reduce engine oil breathing)

Tomei oil feed restrictor for the head.

Oil return galleries ported out to allow faster oil return to sump

all engine components balanced and built to super fine blueprint tolerances

Trust sump extension welded on professionally (over $1200 just in labour to properly fit it)

Trust oil pickup fitted to suit the extended and baffled sump

Tomei 1.2mm metal head gasket (gives more safety with high boost at 600hp+)

Engine re-assembled and packed back on the crate. Since then it's sat in it's box in my garage

There is over $20,000 in parts and labour on this engine and it's all still brand new.

This is a great street or track engine package. It will perform just as it's supposed to. I've now had Tets build 3 engines for my cars and they all perform amazingly.

I have dozens of pictures of the whole build process and receipts for the new owner.

some 'in-progress' pics of the engine:

the engine as it arrived at prime garage. this is how it looks now too. it's still on the pallet and wrapped in plastic with all ports sealed and then the whole thing covered by a big box.

nur1z.jpg

unwrapping time.

nur5.jpg

again, this is how it was re-wrapped after the build too:

nur2.jpg

another pic

nur3r.jpg

last pic of new engine

nur4.jpg

this is the head after porting began:

picture020xf7.jpg

you can see the scribe marks on the exhaust side where they will be taken out to so that they match the manifold gaskets.

picture017tg1.jpg

head awaiting more work

picture001yt8.jpg

the block turned upside down on it's stand in the engine room.

picture031ya2.jpg

the tray system containing parts from the engine.

picture044np7.jpg

pics of some of the parts when they arrived at prime garage (trust sump, valve springs, cam gears. nismo timing belt etc)

picture055fd6.jpg

pics of the trust sump extension welded to the brand new factory sump

2cimg0001tm4.jpg

4cimg0003ia0.jpg

5cimg0004hw4.jpg

the finished head. (exhaust side)

p1040219s.jpg

This is a close up of the head nearly finished. you can see the squish zone is very neatly removed on one side of the head.

cimg0003d.jpg

that beautiful head. hand ported by a master.

cimg0002hs.jpg

another look at that fantastic combustion chamber shape. :)

cimg0004s.jpg

intake ports. of course they are near perfect.

cimg0008.jpg

exhaust side. again, they look amazing. compare these pics with pics of a standard head and you will see just how much work has been done.

cimg0012sy.jpg

I have lots and lots more pics including pics of all the parts etc. but will save those for the new owner. This is a beautiful engine and I won't break it up. You do have a choice though of a brand new R34 GTR sump with R34 GTR diff ratio (for use in a 34 GTR), or the Trust sump without diff ratio (use your current diff gears) for 32 or 33 owners. The 34 sump and diff are brand new and came off my other R34 N1 Nur crate motor. I removed them to fit that engine to a 32 (I just re-used the original R32 sump).

The engine is available for pick-up in sydney CBD or freight anywhere in aus at buyers expense. Asking price is $16,500 which is a bargain. Try and buy a new N1 Nur motor and have it beefed up for less than $20,000. It's impossible. I bought this when the AUD bought 100yen and it was still over $20,000. Now the AUD buys 75yen which would make this well over $25K for me to do again. and then you still need to freight it, wait for it to be built, wait for all the parts and pay tax and duty and customs clearance which could push the cost as high as $30,000 or more so for $16,500 it's a steal.

NOTE: I also have a set of GT-SS turbos for sale to suit this engine, I also have intake plenum, nismo air flow meters, tomei expreme manifolds, sard 700cc injectors, sard fuel rail, koyo twin core radiator, Trust full suction kit (includes turbo intake piping to suit the nismo afms, turbo outlet piping and "y" pipe and cooler piping) and lots of other bits too that would go with this engine to make a complete drop in 600hp+ package.

contact me by pm or email through the forum.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few pics that I couldn't find yesterday.

Some pics of the fully completed engine. This is what you will be getting. it also includes studs and a full tomei metal gasket kit (so all inlet and exhaust gaskets).

13cimg0012zf7.jpg

14cimg0013mt1.jpg

This is the engine packed for transit. I actually loaded it into my own truck which I owned in japan and then shipped the whole truck with the engine inside back to aus.

113cimg0012fh1.jpg

111cimg0010nj1.jpg

this is how it looks still:

114cimg0013zi0.jpg

Tets hard at work porting the head. very old school and very skilled. his head porting work is amongst the best in japan if not the world.

cimg0073pa3.jpg

This is the Super GT Garaiya in the workshop for tets to set-up.

11cimg0010un5.jpg

12cimg0011bl1.jpg

The current exchange rate is down to 73yen/dollar now. at this rate it would cost me in excess of $25K and most likely $30K to buy all these parts and get all that work done and then ship it to aus. Even going to a workshop here in aus you wont be able to buy and build a motor like this for that money. For anyone with a good engine the best bit is you can keep and sell all your old engine gear and recover probably around $3500 from your old standard gear. Not bad.

PM's replied. anyone interested just shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you asap. since I'm moving house in a few weeks I'm pretty motivated to sell. anyone genuinely keen with money just send me a pm and we can arrange a time to meet up in person and you can pick over my goodies... just like fatz does.

I also have 2 Nismo LSD upgrade kits. They turn your standard 32/33/34 GTR diff into a nismo 2 way LSD. does not work with any active diff (vspec) model though.

I have both the 45ft/lb version and the 75ft/lb version. $320 inc postage in aus or pick-up in sydney. They are an awesome upgrade in a old 32 GTR diff and every bit as good as a brand new cusco/nismo/OS/kaaz centre. very predictable and reliable mech LSD upgrade and all for less than $600 installed. usually around $500 or less really.

I also have a set of R32 GTS4 diff gears front and rear. They are 4.375:1 vs standard GTR 4.111:1. It's an awesome upgrade in a 32 and just as good as a close ratio box. it really transforms the stock lazy ratios into an exciting car to row through the gears. the only downside is top speed is bumped down to about 260kp/h but with the improved acceleration you actually have a chance of getting there! The front set is already fitted to a GTR front diff and set-up in a sump professionally. The rear is also already installed into a rear GTR diff housing with a Nismo Pro 2 way LSD in there too. Not for sale EXCEPT for anyone who buys my engine as this set-up was to be used with that engine. If the engine buyer doesn't want it I'm keeping them as they are like rocking horse shit. very hard to find and expensive when you do.

Whoever buys the engine I can probably help out with some other special gear I was saving too.

Like an ARC circuit spec intercooler (brand new), it has the hand fluted intake tubes and offers excellent flow to the radiator which is vital for a circuit or street car.

old model tomei expreme dump pipes (twin 75mm unlike the new 65mm versions) these are not out of production and cannot be bought new, mine of course are still new

HKS stainless race spec front pipes which are twin 75mm into single 90mm and flanges welded on the inside for smooth gas flow they are no longer in production either and were around $1000 when available these are brand new as well. These match nicely with the 75mm tomei dumps to give an un beatable front exhaust system.

Out of production limited run Trust Power Evolution (not to be confused with Power Extreme), 94mm race exhaust, it's a thick wall exhaust with all V-band connections for ultimate flow and ease of fitting and includes a single 100mm straight through rear muffler and a cat replacement resonator (also straight through 94mm). it's brand new too and about the best race exhaust i've seen.

Trust lightweight pulley kit to suit the engine (will consider selling to the engine buyer), brand new of course

N1 harmonic balancer (larger than standard RB26 balancer, good upgrade), again brand new to suit this engine set-up

This is still not a complete list, but add this stuff to the bits above and you have full engine set-up, cooling system set-up, piping from engine bay, exhaust the whole lot, fuel system to support 700hp (safe at 600hp), plus various other gear.

lots of enquires but no one has outright said they'll take it so if you're interested just pm me and we'll talk! :(

some pics of the other parts:

sard fuel rail:

picture002pw7.jpg

picture004bx8.jpg

in the bottom of this pic you can see the insulators/o-rings too. the sard 700cc injectors fit straight in.

picture005cf0.jpg

sard 700cc injectors, low impedance, and really good quick response time (0.65ms near standard, some other brand injectors are over 1.0ms)

picture006ta8.jpg

as you can see the good, genuine sard 700cc GTR injectors should be light blue. just like these are. all still in SEALED packages.

picture007wr9.jpg

Koyo twin core radiator for R32 GTR. retains factory shroud and factory fan set-up. excellent radiator for street or circuit GTR and no hassle to fit unlike some giant ones.

picture009cj4.jpg

Lots of gear I want to shift. I have just bought a house and want to sell stuff before i have to move. :(

Sorry, its funny what you have listed on here, japs dont know how to build motors!!! polishing ports lol come on are you serious, does it work????

any how hope you can sell your goods

I seen some nice port matching if that's what your on about, new to motors are you Booby ?

Good luck with the sale.

yeah roy, koyo rad is no problem if you need it mate.

as for bobby, lol. who said polishing was integral to the engines performance? it's mentioned once in the whole thread and only because it's part of what they refer to as 'port and polish' the gains are in the port shape and size. polishing/not polishing is highly debatable some argue a rough surface helps more than a polished one. I think most people in the know agree that the mirror finish surface some go for is not ideal and as you can see is NOT what I have had done. arguing that japanese workshops who have been modifying GTRs for 20 years have no idea is just nuts. I mean Japanese built the GTR in the first place....

anyway, moving on.

for comparison of what the money buys you here. Just Jap list the 34 N1 nur motors at $15,000 and at the moment cannot supply any. They are one of the reasonable retailers too. some places charge as high as $20K just for the base engine. mine has about $10K worth of mods on top of the base engine. more even. my price of $16,500 is pretty firm and I think more than reasonable. it's at least $10K off what it cost.

look at it like this, if you bought a stock N1 Nur motor and had a sump extension done that would be over $1500 straight away which would mean $16,500 spent, and you'd still be short the full tomei gasket kit (with head 1.2mm head gasket), tomei cams, tomei valve springs, extensive head work, mines baffles, the centre coil-pack cover ($500 itself), timing belt, cam gears, pistons, the rings etc and all the labour and attention to detail that went into building it at prime, including porting the oil returns etc.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=334&page=1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

2 things are happening right now. I am about to settle on a new house I've bought and in 3 weeks time I'm heading overseas for a month. So if anyone is interested in this engine and thinks they can make a deal before the end of August, please shoot me a message as for the next 3 weeks I'm willing to talk a deal to shift something big before I go away as I could use that money right now.

Not interested in saying 'this is my lowest price' etc over pms but if you are interested and a serious buyer send me a pm and lets organise for you to come check it out and make me an offer in person. I'm not willing to cut my nose off to spite my face but I am willing to take a loss to get it on to a new home. :woot:

There was no expense spared making this motor and it has all the little tricks in the head and in the whole build to ensure it will run the numbers and run smoothly and reliably for years to come. Everything is sorted, oil surge taken care of, oil control done with larger oil returns, oil feed restricted, lots of thought gone into it's construction and every part is brand spanking new.

Someone come and load it up. :D