SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipes Again

Angus Smart

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kind of stuff is so easy for an exhaust shop to make up. for the price your better off getting it here.

Yeah - $445 Aus delivered. And I guess the complication is it doesn't just bolt into your system like the dump at the start of this Post. So keep me on the list for one please.

I am preparing for the install with a kitchen grater and knuckles in close proximity. Everyone has forgotten to mention goggles to keep all the crap out of your eyes but fog up so you can't see so you take them off and get crap in your eyes so you can't see. All lying on your back!

Think leaving it to xmass time in 40 degree plus should make it more fun as well. Can't wait! :D

Anyone know if this sale item is a replacement of the standard dump pipe and part of the standard front pipe that attaches to it?

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=h...0NM35%20VQ25DET

it is a replacement for the section straight after the dump pipe. The left side of the image is front of them pipe and the reduced end is toward the back.

Cheers

Andy

It looks like it could be.

The problem that I can see here is, pipe dia. off the dump is 2.5" so you're not getting the best possible flow, and you will also need to cut it and fit a cat about halfway along that pipe if you don't want to get a fine.

Add to that, I would recommend a flex bellows off the flange before the bend. By the time you have this delivered to Aus, modify it to suit, you would've been able to have a custom pipe made EXACTLY how you want for the same dollars.

Nah, it is a Kakimoto front pipe (de-cat) as Andy said and is between the end of the dump and the start of the "cat-back".

Also, as someone who had one on my car, I can tell you that the pic in the auction is not accurate.

Also, from the dump pipe flange, is has about 10mm where the pipe is 76mm, then it flares out to 80mm the rest of the way.

Edited by iamhe77

Nah, it is a Kakimoto front pipe (de-cat) as Andy said and is between the end of the dump and the start of the "cat-back".

Also, as someone who had one on my car, I can tell you that the pic in the auction is not accurate.

Also, from the dump pipe flange, is has about 10mm where the pipe is 76mm, then it flares out to 80mm the rest of the way.

I had confusion!

So photo attached, I hope, for clarity.

Part 9 - Dump Pipe which has cat in it?

Part 16 - Front pipe with another small cat in it?

Part 5 - Big Cat with some pipe after it.

Part 2 - Muffler

So the original sale pic I put up shows a substitue for the standard front pipe with no little cat (is that a kitten?)?

The standard system has 3 cats in it. We get rid of the first one with the custom dump and that is not real obvious to inspections?

What do most do about the small one in the front pipe?

"Cat back" systems replace all of Part 5 and 2 and may or may not have a cat in them?

Have I finally got it right?

No rude comments about how slow I is fangyou!

post-77450-1289460405_thumb.jpg

I had confusion!

So photo attached, I hope, for clarity.

Part 9 - Dump Pipe which has cat in it?

Part 16 - Front pipe with another small cat in it?

Part 5 - Big Cat with some pipe after it.

Part 2 - Muffler

So the original sale pic I put up shows a substitue for the standard front pipe with no little cat (is that a kitten?)?

The standard system has 3 cats in it. We get rid of the first one with the custom dump and that is not real obvious to inspections?

What do most do about the small one in the front pipe?

"Cat back" systems replace all of Part 5 and 2 and may or may not have a cat in them?

Have I finally got it right?

No rude comments about how slow I is fangyou!

Mostly right.

Standard system has TWO cats in it.

9 = Dump and has a small cat in it

16 = front pipe with normal low-flowing cat

5 = resonator - only there to keep the dB level down (no cat, but don't tell Nispro :()

2 = muffler (no cat, but again, don't tell Nispro :) )

Just replace the one in the front pipe when you go to a 3" exhaust (just get a high flowing cat off ebay :))

And yes, aftermarket cat-back systems replace 5 and 2

Mostly right.

Standard system has TWO cats in it.

9 = Dump and has a small cat in it

16 = front pipe with normal low-flowing cat

5 = resonator - only there to keep the dB level down (no cat, but don't tell Nispro :P )

2 = muffler (no cat, but again, don't tell Nispro :O )

Just replace the one in the front pipe when you go to a 3" exhaust (just get a high flowing cat off ebay :) )

And yes, aftermarket cat-back systems replace 5 and 2

Thanks iamhe77 and scotty n35. Bit of misinfo early on got me confused - now sorted on what is what and the replacement options. Haven't played with cars much for last 20 yrs and even then they weren't new ones so few bits have changed just a little!

just got put my deposit down my stagea yesterday so if they fit 2003 model i am in too!.

Dont care about finish. What ever looks standard :rolleyes:

Old Gregg, where did you get that diagram? I want to see more info like that! :blink:

Got my old mate to pick up the flanges today, they look the goods!!

i am at tafe full time at the moment for 10 weeks.. so this will be a weekend job! we're going to get stuck into it very soon tho!

Nice! The world needs more of these dumps, they kick arse! :)

Old Gregg, where did you get that diagram? I want to see more info like that! :rofl:

Cut that diagram out of one section of the manual. It only has the diagrams most of the text is gobbledygook. Downloaded it from some where on this site - I think - have been looking and can not find it again. Hate the search function for this otherwise great site!

Can anyone else tell Sage 222 where the manual is please.

If no response PM with email and I will send - from work of course. Biggest section is 5.29Mb. most 1Mb and smaller.

Cut that diagram out of one section of the manual. It only has the diagrams most of the text is gobbledygook. Downloaded it from some where on this site - I think - have been looking and can not find it again. Hate the search function for this otherwise great site!

Can anyone else tell Sage 222 where the manual is please.

If no response PM with email and I will send - from work of course. Biggest section is 5.29Mb. most 1Mb and smaller.

http://www.m35stagea.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates- Chrissie or New Years pressie? :blink:

G'day Angus, where do we stand with this? Are you still on track for pre Christmas delivery or is maybe becoming a New Years' resolution?

Cheers, Leon.