SAU Community

M35 Dump Pipes Again

Angus Smart

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is anything like the beastly unit he made for me or the even larger (!!!!) dump pipe he put on his own M35, you will certainly notice quite a difference :)

hehe hope thats the one i got .. because mine is large and spiffy heatwrapped ^ :D

big :( scott.

btw scott.. hows our dolphin replacements going for that turbo inlet.. tell your wife we need you on the mig! :)

Edited by PetroDola

Dolphin? bah!

My intake craps all over that one. :P

I can make it whenever you want buddy...

awesome - champ!

from what i understand also.. the dolphin upgrade isnt mission critical its the other piece you've welded up, although i understand the dolphin helps marginally with the flow rate.

im looking at rebuilding this turbo to be ready by late dec/early jan depending on how long they take.

so anytime around then would be awesome?

and what do you want for one?

Cheers

Keir :D

Edited by PetroDola

Angus,

Put me down for one mate. My preference is to have it looking factory stock for the ceramic coat..

To all the others who fitted theirs by themselves:

Oh and I don't have a hoist, but it sounds like dropping the gearbox X-member is the way to go.

Can someone detail the steps to go through?

Dropping the gearbox x-member is not required.... even without a hoist.

Just get it up on ramps/secure axle stands, undo the front pipe at the dump (2 bolts) and f**k around for sometime trying to get all 5 bolts/studs undone so you can remove the dump.

Some swearing is recommended for release of frustration :whistling:

Oh, and make sure you do it when the dump pipe is cold!

Lastly, WD40 is your friend

Edited by iamhe77

Bends have been bought! flanges are being cut! we're moving along in the right direction!

What kind of coatings do we want? the dark coloured stuff or the polished look?

Champion effort!

By coatings, are you still talking ceramic?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not expecting enter a car show so the only way anyone (other than my mechanic?) is going to see the pretty "polished look" dump pipe is if I roll the car in a ditch and it's upside down.

So I'm not overly concerned, except darker sounds like it's less likely to show up my grubby fingerprints, and those blood stains from my knuckles from trying to fit it..

Some swearing is recommended for release of frustration :(

I made my own Stainless dump pipe for my 1600 and getting the F&*(^King 02 sensor off while in the car was made extremely easy by dropping many F bombs... Don't worry I'm fluent..

Sounds like a good job..

Might take some photos and add to a build thread on here?

Yeah no problem, the coating is the ceramic, Andy said there were some heat issues with the last ones, passenger feet getting a little warm so its a move in the right direction.

Sounds like Black coating it will be!

Not looking forward to finally fitting my one once they are done either! it sounds like your typical nissan dump pipe.. dont plenty of gtr ones and they are so annoying.

Anyone know if this sale item is a replacement of the standard dump pipe and part of the standard front pipe that attaches to it?

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=h...0NM35%20VQ25DET

It looks like it could be.

The problem that I can see here is, pipe dia. off the dump is 2.5" so you're not getting the best possible flow, and you will also need to cut it and fit a cat about halfway along that pipe if you don't want to get a fine.

Add to that, I would recommend a flex bellows off the flange before the bend. By the time you have this delivered to Aus, modify it to suit, you would've been able to have a custom pipe made EXACTLY how you want for the same dollars.

Edited by Daleo