SAU Community

Neil's R33 Gts-t Build

Neil

Another job I've had to tackle was my idle control valving (AAC bullshit). I've converted to a Plazmaman inlet manifold and the latest version has a seperate adaptor plate that does not bolt to the bottom as per the earlier versions. Initally I was pissed off because it made it very hard to plumb all the hoses and electrical connections. I'd actually cable tied it to the firewall but it looked very ugly.

After speaking to Mark at Unigroup Engineering it turns out he was the one that told them to do it. With the older version you cannot adjust the idle without removing the AAC,,,how dumb is that. So after a lot of thought I came up with this.

I got Duncan to extend the sets of 2 wires, I made the bracket, bought some hoses from supercheap and removed the redundant rear wiper control unit.

post-29-0-81414100-1427111754_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-67157400-1427111901_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

It might be worth a trial run to delete the valve altogether. See if it can idle reasonably stable without the clutter. Race car. No a/c and presuming it's not being run with electrical loads from headlights etc.

It might be worth a trial run to delete the valve altogether. See if it can idle reasonably stable without the clutter. Race car. No a/c and presuming it's not being run with electrical loads from headlights etc.

Mine is blanked off at the moment as i killed 2 of them in the last year (one due to a broken engine mount though)... Idle is a bit ordinary but should come good with a quick tune up from JEM

It's a path I'm heading down. Simple is good. Provided it doesn't hunt really badly and stall.

Can confirm mine doesnt stall :)

It may sounds like a tractor at times though haha

I gotta tell you that I'm very very happy with them,,,for a race car they are perfect as they clear the roll cage intrusion bars beautifully. Michael did a great job. I attempted 3 times at making my own and I made crap. That all said they are not show car perfect but I never expected them to be. They cost me $430 excluding freight.

Cheers

Neil.

You don't happen to have the phone number to the place that made them by any chance? I wanna order some for my car.

I had spoken to Yavuz of UNIGROUP fame about removing all the AAC valving crap and got a reply of "Please Neil we are having enough trouble controlling your off throttle stalling problems while you are using that stupid atmo blowoff valve as it is, go to a plumb back one and we can do something". So for the moment I'll keep what I have and when the time comes for an engine re-build I'll go with removing all that complicated non race car shit. You 2 are right,,,simple is great as there are way to many hoses that are a potential issue.

I am running this turbosmart one by the way.

Vee Port PRO BOVs

Product_vpp.jpg

You don't happen to have the phone number to the place that made them by any chance? I wanna order some for my car.

Yep sure do mate "Mr Sheetmetal" 0754416099,,,Michael is his name. Now I was lucky that Dales doors were stiil there so he had something to go off,,, hope you have the same luck.

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

Sell power fc

Buy something that has more power than. Commodore 64 and can run a engine

Stall issue fixed

I'm confused bitch,,, GM didn't make commodores in 1964,,,a quick google search says it was an EH Holden,,,should I plonk my drivetrain into one of those?.

The atmo BOV is a tuning nightmare on a RB engine so we went for the plumb back version of the same BOV.

Yuvuz was much happier and we have had no idle problems since he tuned it.

So on the weekend I thought I would finish removing as much weight out of the passenger door as possible. I still needed to keep some sort of structure so my window and locking stuff still worked properly. So that equates to a total removal of 3kg,,,nice,,,next weekend I'll attack the drivers door,,,a 6kg total loss in my eyes is fantastic.

I bought this tool from Hare & Forbes at their sale 2 weekends ago and I had a problem with the 1st one,,,it only did 10 holes before the hydraulic ram gave up the ghost. A quick phone call and a new one was waiting for me when I turned up on Saturday. Great service indeed,,,, I could have bought one off ebay but for the extra money their service was impeccable. It cost me $229,,,usually it's $275.

The 2nd one has cut 120 holes and loving it.

post-29-0-36641800-1427704367_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-57316200-1427704399_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-93694800-1427704650_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-95585200-1427704678_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-14750800-1427704703_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

• Like 1

jenna says you should buy a gtr

Jenna's always pissed off with you breaking shit,,,she would be even more pissed off if I bought one and build it properly on my tiny budget and handed you your arse.

I don't really want a 4wd drive tiger,,,I love rear wheel drives,,,you can't beat the fun of rear wheel steer.

LOL, I love the thinking you put into your car. I have gone down the same road with trying to get some weight out of the std doors :) I am loving dimple dies at the mo :)

Thanks Troy,,,I'm hoping to maybe take another few kilo's out now that I have this tool. Dimpling would be much better than what I'm using as cutting the thinner .9mm steel leave sharp edges. It's great when you cut thicker metal as it cut flush. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need the hole cut 1st and then dimple it?. Where and what diplling tool did you buy?.

Cheers

neil.

Yeh, holesaw first...and stolen dimple dies. They are about $300 for 1", 1.5" and 2' kits..easier to borrow but when my car gets its cradle back in and the spend slows will be grabbing my own so not to have to borrow gear all the time.

Holesaw sux balls as it leaves so much swarf and shit inside the door :(

• 2 weeks later...