SAU Community

This Is The New Recipe Chat Thread...

Houdini

Who knows where their going to put a T62R in that engine bay, but if you make enough space I guess where the airbox sits.

550309_10151088322561707_236927282_n.jpg

I always thought the airbox was overrated any how.

Needs to be rotated 90 degrees, add some creative exhaust manifolds and an inlet track that puts the pod outside the engine bay... then ceramic coat everything!

Would be able to run a radiator and air con then.

I'm more interested in the gearbox. Looks like an R34 GTR box. Not sure what is custom to make it fit, besides the gearbox crossmember?

Also, is the extended sump really necessary on these things, or are they just doing it out of habit/experience with other motors?

The r34 box needs extensive mods to fit Ryan, custom cut and shut bellhousing, major floor pan modification, custom gearbox mounts etc. I would say there is an easy 20k blown there at least.

The extended sump is only needed for the oil return, my car was fine at the track oil pickup wise, so our stock setup works very well.

The r34 box needs extensive mods to fit Ryan, custom cut and shut bellhousing, major floor pan modification, custom gearbox mounts etc. I would say there is an easy 20k blown there at least.

Didn't look like the bell housing had been cut and shut to my untrained eye though?

Didn't look like the bell housing had been cut and shut to my untrained eye though?

Not that I have a trained eye by any stretch, nor do I know the GTR gearbox design.. but is that actually a factor weld?

540116_10151087294061707_1907688700_n.jpg

The best chance we had was the 350z guy who went AWD, he was planning to cad the bellhousing and sell an AWD kit for the 34 box. Costs were too high unfortunately. RWD should be easy with a V35 manual halfcut. Still looking for one though...

The best chance we had was the 350z guy who went AWD, he was planning to cad the bellhousing and sell an AWD kit for the 34 box. Costs were too high unfortunately.

Costs to CAD it were too high?

The best chance we had was the 350z guy who went AWD, he was planning to cad the bellhousing and sell an AWD kit for the 34 box. Costs were too high unfortunately. RWD should be easy with a V35 manual halfcut. Still looking for one though...

So he didn't finish his AWD conversion, or he did but the kits worked out too expensive?

Hows your conversion going Scott? Thought you'd be doing RWD skids by now...

So he didn't finish his AWD conversion, or he did but the kits worked out too expensive?

Hows your conversion going Scott? Thought you'd be doing RWD skids by now...

He finished his, just the parts would cost too much to replicate.

I need to find a V35 halfcut first Ryan, do you have one? :P

(The auto is being strengthened some more, I should have it back on the road next week.)

He finished his, just the parts would cost too much to replicate.

I need to find a V35 halfcut first Ryan, do you have one? :P

(The auto is being strengthened some more, I should have it back on the road next week.)

What do you need off the V35? Do you really need the whole halfcut?

EDIT: Don't we have a thread that we're supposed to discuss this shit in? :P

Hello Gents.

Just so happens I had a little conversation with the Owner of Mercury Motorsport at the SAU nats about this car, and found out some details. I'll read the rest of the thread, since I've been gone and fill in the blanks.

Ok, so, I'll give some general info, because I know the owner still pokes round these parts, so no numbers or anything in his respect.

The owner would like it to be a daily driver, but I think it will turn out a weekend car. He was thinking of going t51, but once the t62 was looked at, change was made.

So, the motor is a crate motor from gtm in the US. Basically mercury told him to "tick every option box" when building the motor. Took 4 months to get here. Cost a lot of money.

We all know about the gearbox. They will use the stock attesa pump system to run the transfer case.

Front and rear diffs are yet to be decided on, but LSDs will be used.

The turbo will sit off custom made exhaust manifolds, point forwards tucked under the front reo. This will require a custom radiator. Owner wants to retain AC, but I think realistically the AC will be deleted.

A new p/s engine mount will be fabricated to clear the manifold, and dump.

Obviously external gate or some kind.

Ecu will be a haltech platinum pro ps2000. Maybe with a custom dash.

Owner bought the intake plenum.

So all in all, this is a serious investment on behalf of the owner. Once the teething issues are sorted out, which there will invariably be, this will represent the craziest M35 worldwide.

I hope the owner doesn't mind me posting, but I think we should all be able to share in his excitement about this build.