SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

23 minutes ago, Duncan said:

What's the weird looking slot above the screen for?

It's easy to forget these cars were designed 30 years ago, isn't it.....

LOL............ I had a spare one a few years ago and offered it to a guy with an ADM....... Told him the cassette player didn't work.

He declined buying it for $100....... Sold it a year later for a lot more!

Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh they are different to the normal ones i've seen from other R32 GTR's. Are the mats one of the main differences between Aus and Jap GTR's or?

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 6.27.26 pm.png

Edited by 21PC

Thanks for the document Bob! I can see myself spending quite a while on that. Didn't realise the extent, especially with the more minor changes. I guess you just have to deal with the mats, from what I saw in past Shannons Auctions, many vehicles didn't have the right mats regardless. Finding parts in general to keep in storage as replacements/fit is extremely tedious especially to not overpay. The cost of originality :). Guess it can only get worse in the future so better to do it now.

Quick q, if the R32 GTR was built on 08/91 as quite a few of the Aus R32's were are they considered Zenki or Chuki?

- Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32 (Zenki - 8/89-8/91) Eng: RB26DETT
- Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32 (Chuki - 8/91-2/93) Eng: RB26DETT
- Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32 (Kouki - 2/93-12/94) Eng: RB26DETT

Reason I ask is that there were some minor changes between the two, one being the addition of the metal bar in the door for the Chuki which leads me to believe the 8/91 GTR's are still Zenki??

• 3 weeks later...