SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2011

Roy

......Go Lowndsey & Skaifey :cheers:

I'll drink to that. my 2 favourite drivers. they were great as a team in the late 90s and great as a team again this year winning at PI and Bathurst. not bad.

I still have a giant poster of skaife and lowndes standing in front of their 99 HRT cars with the heading "giving them the old 1, 2 in 99". only lowndes was the no1 man and skaife was the no 2 which was a feeling he didn't have very often in his career.

• 2 weeks later...

now that's what you call an MX5! agree it's pretty pricey when you consider an MX5 is sub $10K car, add a few grand for SR20, spend some money on bits and I reckon you could build it for less than the near $40K asking price.

Very cool, but needs a hard top !

Evil Weevil,

Having driven an NA (NA) and a R34 GT-R and then s15 turbo 1.6 NA the difference is mind blowing, once you put the little snail on the side its crazy how fast and responsive they are !

lol. probably should double the costs I guess.

Duncan spent $250k+ to come 2nd in club last year. No idea what the pulse evo was worth but even the driver (wilfred) would have cost them. I shudder to think what the cyber evo has had spent on it....maybe $1m is right?

Duncan spent $250k+ to come 2nd in club last year. No idea what the pulse evo was worth but even the driver (wilfred) would have cost them. I shudder to think what the cyber evo has had spent on it....maybe $1m is right?

How long have Cyber been developing the evo for?

lol. probably should double the costs I guess.

Not sure where $250k came from!! Ha ha. I doubt Kalis spent six figures on his eve to win.

My car cost $167k drive away, mods for that event included tune and tyres (didn't run the wing due to carbon boot, however carbon bonnet is apparently ok..). Anyway the r35 was acquired to run in sprints, wtac was fun but a secondary event for me. Would love $250k,... surely enough to win open.

ok if someone has 250k here is what I reckon you should do with it.

1. 70k for a race only import JDM R35
  2. 35k on built 4.1L bored/stroked built engine and AMS turbo kit, good for 800 awhp easy
  3. 3k on COBB Access port and custom tuning
  4. 10k suspension (3 way MCA adjustable setup and front/rear control arms/antiroll bars)
  5. 6k brake upgrades
  6. 6k cooling upgrades
  7. 10k on stripping interior, plexiglass and roll cage
  8. 20k chinese carbon hood, doors, fenders and front bumper and active rear wing
  9. 10k for 18 inch custom light weight forged wheels and 2 sets of RE55s
  10. 5k on transmission strengthening

now my maths is rubbish but I reckon thats about 175k spend for a car that would be more than competitive in open class and with the help of a driver with some talent would go sub 1:34

then you could take the other 75k or so and fund 2 years of track days in your local whatever comp or throw a massive party after superlap with all the models and your mates.

done.

anyway thats what I would do if I was single.......

Edited by handbrake

lol you round down, I round up.

Either way, $175k is an expensive cost for the entry level class of a supersprint. And I reckon I'm not far off what it costs to run Open or Pro either.

Mark, I like how you think. But there is no doubt that get down to supertaxi speed requires more engineering than just bolting bits on a car.

Either way, $175k is an expensive cost for the entry level class of a supersprint. And I reckon I'm not far off what it costs to run Open or Pro either.

Mark, I like how you think. But there is no doubt that get down to supertaxi speed requires more engineering than just bolting bits on a car.

I don't think you need $175k to run 1:44's at EC. But, you'll need to take on much more compromise vs the everyday drivability the gtr offers. That's the whole point of the r35.

At any rate the biggest constraint with clubsprint relates to tyres. I don't see six figure mods overcoming this.

I agree, coming from an engineering standpoint I can think of ways to EASILY spend 500k on a race car.

Remmember Gibson were spending atleast $1000000 building the 32's back in the early nineties...

the black evo 9 that won its class at last years event. i dont know what class it was in.

that would have had close to 6 figures thrown at it. even thoe it was mainly just bolt on stuff some one has to bolt the shit in and tune it ect ect.

i got to work on it when it landed in tassie and there was quite a few expensive bits on it.

a work shop down here biulds the latest model WRXs to tarmac or gravel trim using mainly sti and factory bits and with the purchase of the car it cost excess off 100 000 so i cant see how this evo with 2.4l big turbo e85 ect could be build much cheaper. but i ony work on nissans, and cheap nissans so i couldnt really say

either way looks like ill be making the trim up. ill start planning weather to come by plane or car.