SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2011

Roy

I don't think Time Attack has a place on TV when it comes to live coverage, but then that is never going to happen is it? For a 2 hour DVD though, I find it much more entertaining than most 2 hour door-to-door races unless it's a really quick/competetive category.

If you don't have an interest in time attack then I don't think anyone here will convince you otherwise. Really the appeal of it for me is that I can build whatever monster car I desire, and have somewhere to go race it. If I want to be outright competitive I know I'd need to be spending hundreds of thousands, but if you have the means and enjoy it then why not? Even if you're not competitive then it is still fun to be a part of such a great event. If you only race to win then perhaps it's not the right way to go motor racing, but if you are just out to have some fun while not being told how to modify your car then good for you, at least you're participating.

The reality is that if a lot of these people weren't competing in Time Attack then they wouldn't be door to door racing, they'd just be doing sprints or perhaps nothing at all. It's not taking people away from categories as much as it is introducing a whole new generation of car enthusiasts to motorsport. :cheers:

I quite enjoyed Superlap last year, waving the chequred flag at millions of bucks worth of cars was fun.

But I Personally would not spend that kinda coin on a (pro level) car just for that event, I would rather a slower car and use the bugdet on door to door stuff.

Not saying I would never enter a time attack event, If I had a car to do any sort of track days I would be a happy chappy.

time attack is a super sprint with half naked birds and a few stands

the foood at ec is still shit

can someone explain to me how time attack is diffrent to a supersprint? and how is it the fastest growing motorsport

is this like a subaru AWD ( all wheel drive) marketing bullshit?

can someone explain to me how time attack is diffrent to a supersprint? and how is it the fastest growing motorsport

Time attack is a super sprint with boundless hype. It is almost all about the hype. You know, like drifting was a few years back before it died in the arse. It is the fastest growing motorsport because any number of people who dont have a pharken clue decided it is.

So some lean-to in a back alley in a rural slum in Japan gets written up as the greatest, all inspiring leader in time attack trends. Or some fourth rate (if it is that good) track in a desert in America with all you can eat tumbleweed is now the centre of the time attack universe. It must be true I read it in a magazine & saw it on a DVD.

Edited by djr81

Bullshit?!???? Mate, only Subaru offers "symetrical AWD"...... a truly AMAZING invention!

Its wonderful for suprise adventure driving...seen as though you always end up in a field of pretty daisy's instead of the road you started on.

No, Its the fastst growing form of motorsport because all the paint rubbers like you start threads like "FATZ GOES RACING" and years later we're still reading about it with no racing in sight.

Time attack started in japan, Spread to great britain and australia and is now gaining good support in the usa.

Call it hype call it what you will but it gets peoples arse in the drivers seat and on the track and thats a f**king site more than can be said for the other disciplines of motor sport run by cams and others in this country.

The support is obviously there hence builds of the quality of the Berry/newman combo, Handbrake, Those wicked evo's, GT3porkas, radicals, etc all adding a hang on for the ride element to it rarely found in other disciplines.

Besides, there are very few other opportunitys for the builders of these monsters to compete in. Sports sedan is probably the only other avenue available to them and I could count the number of events held around here in a year on one hand with a thumb amputation.

There are at least a couple of time attack/super sprint events available every week. Far better bang for buck.

As a novice to sprints I love watching time attack with cars I could never own, bit like the funny cars at the drag compared to old mate in his VL, whilst most of us only dream of spending bulk and sustained amount of coin there are shops/people that do and thankyou very much I say.<BR><BR>Yes there is lots of hype and grid girls (yes some look like they are from the RIFF) but thats all good to.<BR><BR>Good on the door to door guys and I love watching a good race but I will never be able to afford to do that, best I can do is build up my daily and go for some sprints where me doing damage to the car is alot less likely.<BR><BR>For me to be able to watch big dollar cars from here and overseas with drivers from around the world trying to out do each other in a sport that I can do is gold.<BR><BR>Time Attack is Super Sprints with a all you can eat menu (as long as you keep away from the food they sell there because as mentioned it is woefull crap)<BR><BR>Long live WTAC<BR><BR>Mark

The reality is, those who go out and actually race (door to door) feel that supersprints/time attack is SOFT.

I've seen this attitude quite a bit & it's what is driving any angst behind this thread.

Personally, those who don't want to have anything to do with sprints/time attack, well, they should stay the hell out of this thread IMO.

The reality is, those who go out and actually race (door to door) feel that supersprints/time attack is SOFT.

I've seen this attitude quite a bit & it's what is driving any angst behind this thread.

Personally, those who don't want to have anything to do with sprints/time attack, well, they should stay the hell out of this thread IMO.

Well said, The truth is the guys at the top end of time attack live on the edge more in one lap than the paint rubbers do in 10,

Its awe inspiring to watch them leave nothing behind.

Well said, The truth is the guys at the top end of time attack live on the edge more in one lap than the paint rubbers do in 10,

Its awe inspiring to watch them leave nothing behind.

Thats called qualifying Noel :P