SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

good to hear that it was a simple fix, but you need to be a little careful with just putting it straight to the chassis. Does the fuel pump still turn off after a few seconds when you turn the ignition on (but do not start the car?)

In a lot of these systems the ECU uses the earth to turn off the fuel pump when the ignition is on but the car does not start.

If your fuel pump does not turn off (may be hard to hear), you need to add a relay where pin 85 goes to the original ECU earth to the fuel pump (12v can come from any ignition switched source to pin 86). Then connect the old fuel pump earth to pin 30 and pin 87 then to the chassis earth.

Yeah made sure it turned off! It's all good, love an easy fix!

Bought R33 brake calipers, an new K&N pod and heat shield, autometer carbon oil pressure and boost vacuum gauges, clean the AFM wire thingy ( yes i know, a very technical term) and fired a set of Pirellis after only 4k of driving. I love my new Stagea.........

Fitted a set of XYZ coilovers and adjusted the height to something a little more front bar friendly and dropped to car off at the panel beaters to have the dolphin bar replaced with an Autech one.

So... The Stagea got picked up by my mech yesterday, still running on 5 cylinders (not surprising, since I've barely looked at it in the las couple of weeks), and in it went for the new BOV and ignition coil loom.

Got a call from the mech when he was taking the car back to mine, letting me know it was still running rough, but he was going to give it a good run back to my place to see if that could defoul the plugs (They are only about 25km old). Turns out the Highway was bumper-to-bumper, so I got another call after he'd dropped the car off letting me know it was running worse...

Apparently he was going to scoot over to my place today to put a fresh set of plugs in it, but either way I'll take it for a drive in the morning and see what happens. It's booked in for tuning on Wednesday, and I am non-negotiable about having it runnnning cleanly before then.

14 months and counting now...

Watch this space...

Just took mine for a small 200-odd km road trip, loaded up with about 200kg of tools and my father-in-law (nuthin' suss...). I'd forgotten how much grip this thing has, I smoked the gorge about half-way through the trip, much to the chagrin of the a-hole who'd spent the better part of 40km wedged up my exhaust pipe.

There may also have been a minor drift around a downhill, off-camber 55km/h corner.

Father-in-law now wants an M35, although he did ask me if I'd noticed how much the rear end looks like a Volvo...

Edited by Hertz Donut

Looks interesting, I wonder how much of an improvement they make? So the stock joint bolt up to these, bit like a spacer?

I've used roll centre adjusters before, they make quite a difference on lowered cars; correcting geometry of the lower control arm.

Those are seriously cheap.

So... The Stagea got picked up by my mech yesterday, still running on 5 cylinders (not surprising, since I've barely looked at it in the las couple of weeks), and in it went for the new BOV and ignition coil loom.

Got a call from the mech when he was taking the car back to mine, letting me know it was still running rough, but he was going to give it a good run back to my place to see if that could defoul the plugs (They are only about 25km old). Turns out the Highway was bumper-to-bumper, so I got another call after he'd dropped the car off letting me know it was running worse...

Apparently he was going to scoot over to my place today to put a fresh set of plugs in it, but either way I'll take it for a drive in the morning and see what happens. It's booked in for tuning on Wednesday, and I am non-negotiable about having it runnnning cleanly before then.

14 months and counting now...

Watch this space...

Are you still using the same Sydney workshop that you were using ages ago, Micah - the one on the Northern Beaches? From your continued experiences, it might be time to make a change...

Are you still using the same Sydney workshop that you were using ages ago, Micah - the one on the Northern Beaches? From your continued experiences, it might be time to make a change...

No. As most of us know, he shut up shop and scooted: still owed me $1000 at the time.

I've been using a Gold Coast based workshop for the last few years, but I guess I'm on the hunt for a better one...

Just confirmed I got Wednesday off work, so I can be at the dyno to investigate any issues that make themselcves known this time. My fingers are crossed this time - without jinxing it, theres very little left that can fail now: I've replaced almost everything! Lol!