SAU Community

-5's Vs Rs's On A Larger Then Stock Motor

Piggaz

Nah ah. GTR's are twins. Period. Its all about looking "stock" *ah hem*.... for when the super doods in their crazy SS's pull you over and say 'pop your bonnet son" :whistling: .

You sound like my tuner.... He calls twins "Thomas the tank engines" becasue they choof! Its all about no no no to singles and yes yes yes to twins haha

Sounds like a smart man lol

The thing with the V cam (as much as I would LOVE to have it on my car....as would all of us) is with the big one for turbo's like T04Z's, GT RS's is that you need valve relief pistons. I dont have that and I am not pulling down a engine to fit them! Its interesting that the -5's hold boost longer then the 2530's.

Your car made 440rwkw off the top of my head? That enough to scare most people :)

Yeah it was finally tuned to send to Oz at just over 600 PS (440kw) with a 8 second hit of an extra .2 Bar on the scramble boost.

Got to get it on the road first then look at E85 as got a petrol station that stocks it here thats about 500 metres away.

I still have a spare RRR block that you could build a new engine

Yeah it was finally tuned to send to Oz at just over 600 PS (440kw) with a 8 second hit of an extra .2 Bar on the scramble boost.

Got to get it on the road first then look at E85 as got a petrol station that stocks it here thats about 500 metres away.

I still have a spare RRR block that you could build a new engine

Thats awsome. Lets see what it makes on E85!

A few little questions while im thinking of them.

Are you still using the factory CAS or did HKS use some sort of crank trigger unit? I am getting CAS noise above 6000 RPM or so.

Are you still using the factory airbox? I can't remember.

As for the block.... I already have one in my car.... It would be greedy to have 2 :thumbsup: haha.

Thats awsome. Lets see what it makes on E85!

A few little questions while im thinking of them.

Are you still using the factory CAS or did HKS use some sort of crank trigger unit? I am getting CAS noise above 6000 RPM or so.

Are you still using the factory airbox? I can't remember.

As for the block.... I already have one in my car.... It would be greedy to have 2 :thumbsup: haha.

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure they used the factory CAS although they basically rewired the entire ignition system and ran 3 separate earth leads to ground points throughout the car.

Factory airbox.... Nope its got pods and all HKS piping

I was thinking about the midori fronts.... but if your going to have a 4 inch exhaust you might be better off with a set from racepace (IE Tangomatt's car, page 3)

Ash. Do you know if they would make up a set and sell them by themselves. From what Steve has told me they do business a little different to most places. I couldnt even find a phone number!

What do you guys think of the Midori front pipes?

I'm getting the Midori dumps which these match up to, then through to 90mm, but no flex join which I am a little worried about.

There doesn't seem to be anything else on the market to the same specs.

yeah they are good, but considering their price I would get the HKS ones. they are beautiful, have a flex joint, merge to single 90mm pipe and are twin 70mm (or more, can check this weekend if you like).

the HKS ones are about the same price.

yeah they are good, but considering their price I would get the HKS ones. they are beautiful, have a flex joint, merge to single 90mm pipe and are twin 70mm (or more, can check this weekend if you like).

the HKS ones are about the same price.

That would be great if you have them handy thanks Richard. I can't seem to find details on the HKS ones online that merge to 90mm - nobody lists the specs.

Obviously with the Midori dumps at 76.3mm / 3" I am trying to get them to match without reducing.

I believe these are the ones your talking about:

HKS P/N: 1418-RN005

http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16972&cat=&page=1

http://www.nengun.com/hks/extension-kit-gtr

Yeah strange how noone lists the dimensions??

Nah they are the HKS dumps, it's the HKS front pipes that I am trying to confirm specs on - same deal nobody lists it.

Yeah I knew I had seen that somewhere - was just hoping that BB was referring to a different version as he mentioned there being 2 back in a previous post.

Sorry for the thread hijack guys, it is kinda related anyway - determining the biggest off the shelf front half exhaust.

So just to confirm, the consensus here on ultimate front half exhaust setup for a GTR is:

- Tomei Expreme Dump Pipes

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/tomei-dump-pipe-tomei-expreme-nissan-skyline-rb26dett-p-601.html

- HKS Large Front Pipes:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-stainless-front-pipe-nissan-skyline-gt-r-50314