SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Nice mate. Where did you source your boss kit and quick release from? Do you recommend dealing with the same people?

The Tuners Group... Cheapest i could find online and the service is OK, has been a very long process due to some glitches but still happy with the purchase! All done through PayPal so its safe!

Car is looking great matt. Been a while since I have seen it... bring on 2015 i say! Cant wait to hit the track with you and see how the car goes up close and personal!

Yeah mate! FINALLY do a track day together after all these years..... :woot:

Ok so I have actually just done this now, I think I wrote that wrong, you don't touch the bolt on plates that the bolt goes through, just the elongated hole in the actual arms

The holes in the plates is offset and when you put the offset to the inside as far as it can go the elongated hole in the arm doesn't go far enough so you have to elongate it about half a hole more, I have pics but can not post them on the forum with the 6 plus for some reason, if your interested PM me your number and I will text them across to you

PS, what cams do you have in there at the moment ?

Yeah send through pics for sure!

Cams are Tomei Type B poncams... Just off the shelf, nothing special :)

Hey mate idk if you have posted it up but on my phone theres like 200 pages to read through. What wheel alignment are you running and what have you done coilover and swaybar wise? im getting mine ready fof my first track day in march and i have my setup as 11deg castor, 2.5 deg front camber and 1.5 deg rear camber but im wanting to upgrade swaybars

Do swaybars for sure, best bang for buck upgrade you can do... I run 27mm blade adjustable front and 24mm blade adjustable rears...

Wheel align is changing each event as i am still setting up the car and have been limited by certain things...

Bloody hell your car sounds good in the videos!

Thanks mate! Sounds like ass at low revs at the moment but will change the rear setup soon to sound a bit better....

Thanks bud. Im guessing there whiteline units? Im just saving some coin for a cage currently planning on doing a hillclimb called Mt Alma Mile and last time i went there i saw one car flip into a paddoc so i reckon its cheap insurance haha

Do swaybars for sure, best bang for buck upgrade you can do... I run 27mm blade adjustable front and 24mm blade adjustable rears...

Wheel align is changing each event as i am still setting up the car and have been limited by certain things...

Yea the drivers right foot

Ok so I just got a wheel alignment as I also put in 4mm RCA adjusters which take out a touch of camber and ended up with 3.3deg camber so with out RCAs I think you would end up with 3.4-3.5 deg camber with this mod

Shot me your number and I'll text the pics across :)

Just finished reading the whole thread, jeeeesus this car is amazing!
Really digging the whole stealth theme, but now with all those stickers its starting to look a bit like the Blitz Dunlop ER34 lol :P
Can't wait to start work on my 34, this has so much good info!
Hopefully I see this in person one day! (if it's ever street driven anymore haha)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading the whole thread, jeeeesus this car is amazing!

Really digging the whole stealth theme, but now with all those stickers its starting to look a bit like the Blitz Dunlop ER34 lol :P

Can't wait to start work on my 34, this has so much good info!

Hopefully I see this in person one day! (if it's ever street driven anymore haha)

Haha thanks.

TBH, the stealth theme was great while it was there...

For the 2015 season i will run only the required stickers by CAMS, i will do my best to maintain the clean look. However i can tell you it certainly does not look like the previous pics anymore.

If you need any help with the 34 just ask, me or one of the guys can most likely help!

It will be driven on the track mainly this year as that is where the build can really be appreciated ;)

MW%2034%20GT_zpsapfq03wk.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well this thread has kind of been like this for a while -

tumbleweed.jpg

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I have been pretty busy working on the car between going away on holidays and getting engaged etc.... Life has been great but time to get stuck back into the car... Hopefully ill be able to start posting pics of the progress shortly but the car is still away at the moment and will hopefully be back in the next couple of weeks so i can get it closer to completion...

Very happy with the new parts so far.... Firstly, thanks to Alex i have decided on my new rims -

Mats%20wheels_zpsgaxppt09.jpg

• Like 5

After finding the damaged oil line i decided to clean up a few other useless bits in the engine bay... Aircon is now removed completely... I need to clean up a heap of useless wiring too

IMG_1492_zpszwrlxbw3.jpg

• Like 3

Speaking of Safety...

The car was fitted with the Brown Davis half cage previously but unfortunately it did not meet the requirements of the classes i intend to run in...

So the old Brown Davis cage and 2 harnesses (11 & 12 dates but still good for club days etc) are up for sale...

IMG_1871_zpshvgjdplj.jpg

IMG_1866_zpsccajuoep.jpg

There is also the original owners CAMS certificate that came with it somewhere, however it has his personal details so i wont post it online.

Looking for $700 for the lot including the harnesses, bolts and base plates... I do not need any of this with the new setup :)

guess we're never going to cruise on public roads :(

then there's powercruise LOL... I'm keen!

Not likely :(

Oh and powercruise... Was at that yesterday... Nahh!!!

Oh, i would totally snap that cage up, but as its welded together, i doubt shipping would be very nice?

I shipped it from Melbourne to here when i first purchased it as it was built in VIC at Brown Davis... PM me your address and ill see what it works out to be :)