SAU Community

What Intank Pump Will Deliver The Most Flow? Nismo?

Nah it's not for in the car, I'll take a pic when it's finished, it's a pump in a bracket on some wood with wires to the battery and long rubber hoses out of each end to remove the need for a fuel jiggler-instead you put the Jerry on the floor next to the car, hook the wires onto the battery (alligator clips), put one hose in the Jerry can, the other in the fuel tank then switch the pump on and wait till the Jerry is empty. Means no spills and no need to hold the Jerry can up.

It's using a 34 vspec2 stock pump now but a faster pump would be nice. Thing is this pump was donated, and the whole setup has cost less than $40 combined ($20me $20paul)

lol you guys are lazy as fk! how hard is it to hold up a 20L gerry can? maybe need to do some weight lifting steveo!

fuel flows out of them a shitload faster than using a GTR pump or even an 044. and carrying around that rig sounds like a pain in the arse. a good jiggler (metal one) also work very well and flow pretty quickly. you also have the risk of sparks, failure, or if not paying attention it will start overfilling the tank and pump fuel out everywhere.

lol you guys are lazy as fk! how hard is it to hold up a 20L gerry can? maybe need to do some weight lifting steveo!

fuel flows out of them a shitload faster than using a GTR pump or even an 044. and carrying around that rig sounds like a pain in the arse. a good jiggler (metal one) also work very well and flow pretty quickly. you also have the risk of sparks, failure, or if not paying attention it will start overfilling the tank and pump fuel out everywhere.

Richard its got a purpose; between sessions at Huntley when the suns out its bad enough having no where to sit or get out of the sun on a 30degree day, then standing there sweating your ass off holding a can - f that. Most would just sit it on the boot but thats too much weight and the potential to scratch the paint is too high.

The whole thing isnt even as big as a helmet so it takes up virtually no room.

We tested it the other night, its very close to the same speed as the jiggler (metal).

No chance of overfilling, we always run the tanks at a quarter tank down there, so only one jerry goes in at a time.

Pauls a sparky for work and wired it all up, i dont think there's going to be sparks - this isnt some dodgy "touch these wires together" job to get it working.

If it fails, we can get another pump for free and the jiggler will always be in the back just incase. Been using the jigglers now since converting to E85 and it was fine at first, but now its annoying so this solves that. Also it gets all the fuel out of the can, unlike the jiggler which can never seem to get every bit

Haha. Take it easy! Why stand there holding 20+ Kgs when you can have some mad little contraption do it all for you! Winnah :thumbsup:

^ haha well said!

paul - u should pushing 2 full jerry cans for shoulder lateral raises as a minimum right? lol

Nah, you have me mixed up with Reefat! That bloke is a tank!

Will test tonight to see how long it takes to empty a Jerry. Might have to get the multi out and test voltages! Bigger and shorter cable to be used to get the pump to spin a bit harder? It's still in the 'prototype' phase :laugh:

U guys have to run 1/4 tank to keep up with me :D

I run with a full tank.

Haha. This is true.... although it might turn around next time... No choof choof monsters. :thumbsup:

dont see the point of running different pump in tank,

theres a good friend of mine that runs 402 kw on a stock pump in tank and a bosch 044 in line . the bosch is used for the higher pressure, but we have never had any problems with it leaning out.

check him out his name is

Doo Doo

only on sau

peace

dont see the point of running different pump in tank,

theres a good friend of mine that runs 402 kw on a stock pump in tank and a bosch 044 in line . the bosch is used for the higher pressure, but we have never had any problems with it leaning out.

check him out his name is

Doo Doo

only on sau

peace

is he running a standard fuel rail? only last night i was talking to a mate that was telling me the stock rail on the gtst is not ideal for higher power application as the latter cylinders can suffer from fuel starvation (4/5/6)...i looked at the fuel rail on my gtr last night & it looks quite large - what diameter are they if anyone knows?

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone running the new bosch 1600 injectors here? It seems a few customer and now Injector dynamics have discovered a issue only found in the 1600's where flow changes with temperature...

Tony from Injector dynamics post on supra forums...

We stopped selling the ID1600 as soon as we found the problem and EVERYBODY who has purchased them will be taken care of if our testing shows that there is an issue that there's no solution for. We are finalizing testing this week and will have concrete data next week. I can assure you nobody is going to be stuck with a set of injectors that they can't use.

And the situation happens with E85 as well Krister.

Stay tuned, details to come shortly.

I feeling better now i rescheduled my tuning a few weeks back could have been $550 down the drain....

I guess this could effect all types of new 1600's not just the ones from Injector dynamics....

I was told by my local wholesaler AZNEW a few weeks ago that the Bosch 2000cc injectors are actually designed for gas, as in lpg I guess, and aren't necessarily going to last in petrol applications due to possible o-ring compatibility issues. They told me not to bother as I was running ethanol. The 1000's are fine, not sure about the 1600's as I don't know which body they are made from. I wonder if it has something to do with this issue...

I was told by my local wholesaler AZNEW a few weeks ago that the Bosch 2000cc injectors are actually designed for gas, as in lpg I guess, and aren't necessarily going to last in petrol applications due to possible o-ring compatibility issues. They told me not to bother as I was running ethanol. The 1000's are fine, not sure about the 1600's as I don't know which body they are made from. I wonder if it has something to do with this issue...

Surely there would've be some failures already if petrol wasnt compatible with them they've be around for 1-1.5years. Id hate to think there'll be some angry customers if there injectors start failing and killing engines..

The 1000's look the same as the 2000's but the 1600's are longer and made from plastic and dont need adaptors....

So is the Pierburg pump installed?

Got an inline Bosch 044 at the moment fed by intank pump... but would like to hit 700-750bhp.

Interested in this Pierburg pump! :thumbsup:

not yet - i've been busy with house reno's etc...i will have it done very soon though :)