SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

Haha thanks Matt!

Yeah that's crazy fast. Very happy for him that it's all working! I would say a 40 at PI would mean about a 37 at EC so definitely in the ball park when the conditions weren't ideal. Hoping for a dry day next Saturday so I can get into the low 40's!

I've been trying to think of advantages my setup and I may have over Mr Newton but to be honest there aren't many! I think I'll need to be content with being the understudy for a while :)

2.8ltr with up near 400kw's will do that! So jelous! I want that power haha. 260kph nearly. Madness. I'm thinking I might get up near 250. Will post up the data after saturday.

Hopefully like you say the weather is good for this weekend for you and you can give it a good crack Russ, it is a good track to practice on for WTA if you can't get to EC.

260klm/h well that's about 25klm's greater then what i can manage (235),

I'm interested to see what my top speed is now as well. It was up 5-10kmh at sandown in the wet.

Last PI with same power + aero i was pushing 230kmh. So 245-250, should be where ur at Russ.

Newton is pushing 200+ through turn 1 though!!

Man, I come on to the straight at 180km/h but only hit 235km/h. A few kms down the straight is always nice but I think Red makes all its time out of Siberia up to Lukey....its QUICK though there!

Anyway. Enough about the big red car. This fred is about me and my car! haha.

I'm very proud to announce a new sponsor.

Snap On Tools Clayton.

They are helping out with tools and bits and pieces for the team.

post-10715-0-00434300-1340707965_thumb.jpg

Car now has a new sticker theme with new sponsors. I love the Advan stripes!

post-10715-0-61646400-1340708132_thumb.jpg

Here are some more photos from Winton.

post-10715-0-51797800-1340708319_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-13331500-1340708454_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-82377000-1340708597_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-23616700-1340708552_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-07674100-1340709335_thumb.jpg

We also corner weighed the car and it's pretty even, and kinda light. I'd still like to get it closer to 1200 but not sure how close I'll get. Still gotta strip the doors and get the lexan windows in. Will probably get down to 1230 or so.

No driver:

post-10715-0-20891400-1340710249_thumb.jpg

With driver:

post-10715-0-30391900-1340710262_thumb.jpg

My bus is 1325kg with 10L of fuel. I was hoping your car was more than 45kgs lighter than mine as the only thing I have really removed is the rear wiper and the AC compressor...So to go to all that trouble for only 45kgs...i think I will keep mine as is and have it semi usable on the street

And good work on the sponsors! Import Monster still helping you out? You are going to have to get the air compressor out and give it a lick of paint of some vinyl wrap to pretty it up :)

It's weird but I can't bring myself to paint the guards and bumper haha. I like the whole underdog / budget racer look. If there's time I will get it painted but to be honest its a low priority.

Yep Import monster are still on board. Now also Advan and as always Ace Workshop.

With the weight don't forget I have a lot more bars in mine than yours. With only the half cage it would be more like 1250 or so.

great to see more support coming on board, good on those businesses.

re the corner weights, the overall weight but also the good split will really be helping. My GTR comes in at 1450, but it is about 950 front and 500 rear....so the outside front tyre is working damn hard on mine. Yours should feel much nicer into corners, and be kinder on the tyre as well.

Yeah Duncan I was quite surprised with the balance. I was expecting way more front heavy with the big RB. It is very good on tyres. One of the benifits of a GTSt :)

Hey Russman

Have you sorted a sump? regardless what you buy you will need gates not just baffles and extra capacity. My tuner builds them. modified pick-up gated and winged. they arent cheap but non of them will be. i think $1200 bolt up no mods.

you also have an rb25 gearbox dont you russ? thats another 15 odd kg over a 20 box.

im guessing you have an unstripped loom? do you have factory intrusion bars in the doors? its been proven time and time again that stripping door frames has little advantage. viva garage used to do very cheap fiberglass doors that cost around 400-500$ most of the weight in standard doors is in the hinge and latch areas. not easy to remove them.

if you take a look under the back of the car and the subframe there is a lot of small weight to be gained. We were able to get bens targa car to 1230 in rally trim without any expensive light weight parts.

if you want to cut weight you have to look at everything as weight. and work out if you need it or not and how you can make it lighter. every little bit counts. and remember removing weight is free power and free brakes.

Good luck for WTA