SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

Car looks tops Russ and good work on the shakedowns :thumbsup:

Man that wing is high! I look forward to seeing it in person and good luck with the whole WTA thing.

Thanks Ant.

Well shakedown 2 didn't go too well. Only got 2 sessions in at PI on saturday.

After first session we noticed that the turbo to manifold gasket is leaking.

After session 2 I had to stop as coolant was pouring out from the front of the head. We suspect it will be a welsh plug. Blew coolant through the bay and over the windscreen while going round hayshed! ;)

On the upside it is good to find these things now rather than at Superlap. Bit more work to do.

On the list is.

1. fix above problems

2. New greddy intercooler so we can have more power

3. New rear subframe as the one in it now is cracking around the mounting points :O

4. New hardrace camber arms front and rear and traction arms.

5. AO50's and alignment at traction tyres.

6. Screamer pipe.

so yeah.. Bit to do in the next few weeks!

Wow how did the subframe crack?

Give us a yell if ya need a hand getting it ready :thumbsup:

Running semi's for 5 years on a subframe that had crap welds. Looks like it had been repaired poorly in the past. It actually cracked right next to the weld.

It's been repaired by Mat but a whole new subframe would be a good idea.

very nice build cant wait to see this thing in action at WTA

Thanks mate.

stick a s14 or 15 subframe one in as tey fixed the rear roll center :) (with offset solid bushes)

I haven't heard of that? Please elaborate... Is it a straight bolt in? Diff, hicas, arms?

they dont fix the rear sub frame they dial out the anti squat which r32 and s13s have to much of. some of the circuit r32s have done it down here with measurable gains. aprox 1 sec a lap on a 60sec track.

you could also use a r33-r34 subframe. its not just a bolt in between them thoe. the diff mounting is the biggest problem. hicas and all arms are the same the only difference being the lower control arm mounts to the subframe differently.

if you have a look in the last few pages of my build thread i think there is some good info on it. if not i have a ton of pics of the differences between the differnt subframes that will show you what i mean.

they dont fix the rear sub frame they dial out the anti squat which r32 and s13s have to much of. some of the circuit r32s have done it down here with measurable gains. aprox 1 sec a lap on a 60sec track.

you could also use a r33-r34 subframe. its not just a bolt in between them thoe. the diff mounting is the biggest problem. hicas and all arms are the same the only difference being the lower control arm mounts to the subframe differently.

if you have a look in the last few pages of my build thread i think there is some good info on it. if not i have a ton of pics of the differences between the differnt subframes that will show you what i mean.

Cool. I'll stick with what I know for now but might be something to look at in the future.

You know Newton runs an R34 rear sub-frame in Big Red right Russ?

Yeah I did hear that. I'll have to ask him details about it. Won't be doing anything like that yet. That means new diff etc...

You know Newton runs an R34 rear sub-frame in Big Red right Russ?

Keen to know more about how they mount in a R32... I'm running GTR diff and axles so I'm assuming with that I would just need to use a R34 rear cover?!?

Thanks guys.

We did some work at the workshop today. 12 solid hours.

Found the problem welsh plug that came out. What are the chances! Random thing to happen! So we replaced a heap of others to be safe.

post-10715-0-20925400-1310825833_thumb.jpgpost-10715-0-70993800-1310826045_thumb.jpg

Found the exhaust leak. Pretty damn obvious! manifold will be getting machined so it doesn't happen again.

post-10715-0-77392000-1310825895_thumb.jpg

Other things... Front camber arms have gone in. They are Hardrace via just jap. Seem to be good things.

post-10715-0-85571800-1310826077_thumb.jpg