SAU Community

Who's Raging?

krzysiu

No. GTFO..

Nah but really the convo is about the fact they make games for xbox & ps3 and then port them to PC.. So ultimately the games are designed to run with sub par graphics according to todays standards..

Not even todays, more like 4? 5? 6? generations of hardware ago standard.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys are seriously arguing about PC vs Console?

Really?

Seems to be more like pure-geek vs semi-geek argument. Even if you win, you still lose.

Well we are in the geek section of the forums, so stands to reason there is such a debate! :D

Not even todays, more like 4? 5? 6? generations of hardware ago standard.

This!

I'll throw this little nugget in..

Do you really think that half the games that come out multi-platform would have the budget/be of as good quality if they were PC only?

Of course there will always be exceptions (valve for one), but I like to think that the popularity of consoles has on the whole been good for PC gaming.

^^ YES, PC games always had a large audience and if consoles weren't as big or didn't come along you you boys playing Wii, ps3 and xbox would all have pc's

I've seen my mate play black ops on the computer. Makes you look like a fkn retard trying to play. I can't do it. And your fingers would be f**ked after an hour. Controller is much easier. also I like to play on a 50 inch tv and not a monitor :D

PC is still the best, only problem is they are advancing in technology as I type this..

Consoles are great for everything except shooters, just seems odd using controller and I suck real bad haha.

Pfft shooters are awesome on console. Basically the main type of games I play.

I just love the fact you can play a console with a room full of people, having some drinks, talking, listening to music and whatever and have fun.

You can' do that with a PC.

No shit PC's are great. They are basically an upgradable console (or a console is simply an outdated PC). That aint the point. It's the fact you can't play it in a lounge room on a 52" TV and have 30 people in the room (and if you have converted a PC to do that, well you basically have a console you knob).

As much as I used to play a lot of PC games I just don't ejoy them any more as I get older. Laying on a couch in the lounge room is my style.

well true, for games racing i use a gamepad as i don't have room to setup a G27 rig yet

but on the coffee table i have the mouse pad keyboard and can play FPS

Heaps of dudes ditching PS3 for Xbox, lol.

According to Retailers, Perturbed PS3 Owners are Ditching the Platform, Migrating to 360

Drew Cohen — They're sick of waiting. And now some are crossing over to the other side.

According to a report in EDGE Magazine, retailers in the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe are claiming a dramatic increase in the number of customers trading-in PS3 units—either for cash, or, in many instances, toward the purchase of an Xbox 360.

One source in Belgium told the magazine that "just ten days into the month and already we have an increase of 200 per cent in PS3s coming into the store compared to all of March. Normally we sell them really fast, but not this time. We've only sold 30 to 40 per cent of our inventory right now."

Another retailer speaking to the magazine classified those gamers most put-off by the PSN outage—and thus most willing to defect to the competition—as those involved in the "the hardcore online shooter crowd." Unsurprisingly, there are corresponding reports of mass trade-ins of PS3 copies of titles like Call Of Duty: Black Ops and FIFA Soccer 11, as well as cancellations of pre-orders for Brink—all which rely upon their online component as elements of crucial interest.

These customers might represent only a very extreme (and easily perturbed) portion of Sony's consumer base. But that oughtn't be grounds for assurance—these customers could also be the hardest for the company to win back.

Source Link

All these "hardcore" PC guys always talk about using a mouse.

Because its the best! :yes:

I don't see how you can aim properly without a mouse...

I play all my games on my PC with a Xbox 360 controller except FPS game, which is keyboard + mouse.

Just jumped on the ps3 and was required to download the new update.

It's installing now. I'll update this post to inform whether the actual psn is back up.

EDIT - it's still down...

Pfft shooters are awesome on console. Basically the main type of games I play.

I just love the fact you can play a console with a room full of people, having some drinks, talking, listening to music and whatever and have fun.

You can' do that with a PC.

No shit PC's are great. They are basically an upgradable console (or a console is simply an outdated PC). That aint the point. It's the fact you can't play it in a lounge room on a 52" TV and have 30 people in the room (and if you have converted a PC to do that, well you basically have a console you knob).

As much as I used to play a lot of PC games I just don't ejoy them any more as I get older. Laying on a couch in the lounge room is my style.

Or do you simply have a HTPC that can't do 90% of the things a HTPC should? It's a strange way to look at it. A HTPC filling the same role would do all those things except be your friend and keep the drinks cold. Unless it was built in a Companion cube and you wanted hot drinks. Then it can do everything.

A console is a 1-2 purpose PC, there's no getting around that, it is the same albeit much older hardware with a different interface. That's it.