SAU Community

Who's Raging?

krzysiu

Perfect Dark, Zelda and Mario 64

You can buy the last 2 from the Wii store and use the classic controller to play them. Been tempted for so long to do so but never get around to doing it.....

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNES is still my favouite console of all time. n64 graphics were fail. gameplay went down the tube because they were too busy making 3d platformers. i didn't mind golden eye, and mario kart 64 was the best of the mario kart games, but overall, i still prefered the SNES. now that snes games, such as donkey kong and mario are making a come back in 2d side scrollers on the WII i'm happy, but the fact that some of them can't be played with a regular controller shits me to tears. fkn hate having to shake the controller to get it to do certain moves because half the time it doesn't work. for this reason i haven't played much of the latest donkey kong game.

ahhh i remember the late nights on perfect dark in the complex. with the slayer on the 3rd level ( weapon drop #5) hunting the bastards down with fly-by-wire rockets. while a laptop gun kept me safe form atack.

and lets not forget the good ol VengeSim's..... little bastards :laugh:

ps1 graphics were good until they brought the ps2 out, its all relative

i stopped playing my ps2 when i got rainbow 6 and rogue spear on PC

Yeah from memory the graphics on the N64 were way better than the PS1.

Man looking at those photos is crazy. I remember the graphics back then looking good. Now you look at that and it is nearly unbearable lol.

Playstation Store to return online May 24th - Report

Each PSN user will be able to get two PS3 titles and two PSP titles at no charge from a limited list of first-party games. In North America, the PS3 list consists of Dead Nation, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Super Stardust HD, Wipeout HD + Fury. The PSP selection is Little Big Planet (PSP), ModNation Racers, Pursuit Force, and Killzone Liberation.

So back to a previous question I had. Would this mean each user gets two games or only each PS3?

And btw, MGS had the best storyline EVER!

Though the best game I've played is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. It was perfectly balanced (i.e. hidden aspects, level difficulty, rage quits) Getting to 102% was a pain in the arse; it also didn't help when your younger brother kept deleting the f**king files.

EDIT - After this story was published, US Sony reps offered the following statement: "We've not announced a specific date other than to say we expect to have the service fully restored by end of the month. Anything other than that is purely speculative."

Playstation Store to return online May 24th - Report

Each PSN user will be able to get two PS3 titles and two PSP titles at no charge from a limited list of first-party games. In North America, the PS3 list consists of Dead Nation, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Super Stardust HD, Wipeout HD + Fury. The PSP selection is Little Big Planet (PSP), ModNation Racers, Pursuit Force, and Killzone Liberation.

So back to a previous question I had. Would this mean each user gets two games or only each PS3?

And btw, MGS had the best storyline EVER!

Though the best game I've played is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. It was perfectly balanced (i.e. hidden aspects, level difficulty, rage quits) Getting to 102% was a pain in the arse; it also didn't help when your younger brother kept deleting the f**king files.

EDIT - After this story was published, US Sony reps offered the following statement: "We've not announced a specific date other than to say we expect to have the service fully restored by end of the month. Anything other than that is purely speculative."

I guess the free stuff isn't too bad

and yes MGS is the best :cheers:

SNES is still my favouite console of all time. n64 graphics were fail. gameplay went down the tube because they were too busy making 3d platformers. i didn't mind golden eye, and mario kart 64 was the best of the mario kart games, but overall, i still prefered the SNES. now that snes games, such as donkey kong and mario are making a come back in 2d side scrollers on the WII i'm happy, but the fact that some of them can't be played with a regular controller shits me to tears. fkn hate having to shake the controller to get it to do certain moves because half the time it doesn't work. for this reason i haven't played much of the latest donkey kong game.

You really need to go back and play the original Mario Kart.

I did on Saturday (60hz SNES + Game Doctor FTW!) and couldn't believe how much better it was than all the sequels... plus seeing my brother have acute controller rage was tear-shedding hilarious :)

Just on Mario Kart, why did they get rid of the coins and the feather? Two elements that really add to the gameplay... and super-intense short races are infinitely better than the long races of today's Kart tracks.

i own all the mario kart games and do play them on a semi regular basis, but MK 64 is the one that gets the most game time (about 99% of the time i spend playing MK games). it has a good balance of weapons, obsticles and the ability to powerslide is good too. also the fact that the tracks aren't flat ads a bit to the gameplay as you have to thing a little bit more, picking best lines up hills and over jumps, etc.

Yeah from memory the graphics on the N64 were way better than the PS1.

Technically the N64 had the better graphics hardware compared to PSX, however the games on the N64 have very limited storage space due to the use of the old cartridge media, most of the games had to be limited in that regard.

I love my China bought PSX with its built in mod-chip :closedeyes: