SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

He was talking about bike gearboxes Pat...not a good idea to do it in synchromesh car gearboxes. You can get away with it but it will wear the dog teeth on your synchros faster.

You can get a "quickshift" for motorbikes that cuts your ignition momentarily as opposed to you rolling off the throttle during a gear change, it's suppose to make clutchless upshifting much smoother. Personally I just use the clutch..it's still fast as hell and you're talking tenths of a second in difference between clutch and no clutch. The slowest part of changing gears in a car is the gearshift itself, which is negated by how quickly you can change gears using a foot lever on a bike...as long as your hands are quick you can be fast with the clutch.

He was talking about bike gearboxes Pat...not a good idea to do it in synchromesh car gearboxes. You can get away with it but it will wear the dog teeth on your synchros faster.

You can get a "quickshift" for motorbikes that cuts your ignition momentarily as opposed to you rolling off the throttle during a gear change, it's suppose to make clutchless upshifting much smoother. Personally I just use the clutch..it's still fast as hell and you're talking tenths of a second in difference between clutch and no clutch. The slowest part of changing gears in a car is the gearshift itself, which is negated by how quickly you can change gears using a foot lever on a bike...as long as your hands are quick you can be fast with the clutch.

sorry i forgot this was a bike forum :domokun:

:cheers:

The GPX was the only 250cc bike to complete some notoriously hard 10,000km rally that most bikes can't finish without breaking down, if I recall correctly. Can't find the info on it but I think it finished 9th overall, out of like 100 bikes.

i made that mistake too...

but i'm going for an old ninja... when i find the cash..

eh tj, how reliable are they?

So far so good, old issue I had recently was a fried spark plug and a small issue with the carb, but that's becuse i put 98 fuel to clean out the system so drained that all out, kinda jammed the jets in the carb. Other than that I ride this thing hard as!

If you kinda on the heavy side, the rear is a little soft or my shocks are gone, next thing I have to look at, bikes done 18,000 think their due anyway

So far so good, old issue I had recently was a fried spark plug and a small issue with the carb, but that's becuse i put 98 fuel to clean out the system so drained that all out, kinda jammed the jets in the carb. Other than that I ride this thing hard as!

If you kinda on the heavy side, the rear is a little soft or my shocks are gone, next thing I have to look at, bikes done 18,000 think their due anyway

i'm 68-70 kg, so not that big.

but i guess, i shouldn't be looking at those that's done 30+k kms huh.

i'm 68-70 kg, so not that big.

but i guess, i shouldn't be looking at those that's done 30+k kms huh.

All depends, if things have been replaced and the majority of the bikes engine is under 10, why not, I got mine at 14000 for $2800 the dude even rode it from Geelong to drop it off :)

probably start shopping for a bike next week

Anything in particular to watch out for? Or just the same as inspecting a car?

Try and take someone with you who knows bikes, they are a different breed. Some guy put up a good guide in here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/391934-bike-inspection-tonight/

All depends, if things have been replaced and the majority of the bikes engine is under 10, why not, I got mine at 14000 for $2800 the dude even rode it from Geelong to drop it off :)

yeah, will just pull someone along to go inspect.

still need to find the time to go for the course.