SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Don't need much in the way of an alarm or immobiliser, just something basic

If it hasn't scared the guy off when a basic alarm goes off, your car is getting stolen no matter what you spend on it

I also leave my key in the ignition barrel because I have an immobiliser

If old mate wants to steal it at least he will see it's immobilised maybe instead of smashing my ignition barrel

So, when discussing alarm options with him the models he suggested were too pricey / feature rich for what you were after... and he wasn't interested in flying down here to install a supplied autobarn alarm?

Obviously he gets more of a profit from a Supply / Fit as opposed to Fit only...

Though, if you want a budget one, just buy and install it yourself using all the best practice alarm install methods.

So, when discussing alarm options with him the models he suggested were too pricey / feature rich for what you were after... and he wasn't interested in flying down here to install a supplied autobarn alarm?

Obviously he gets more of a profit from a Supply / Fit as opposed to Fit only...

Though, if you want a budget one, just buy and install it yourself using all the best practice alarm install methods.

Of course, that's why I didn't go for him.

I asked him what are the options of something that is decent and reliable and he didn't offer me one that isn't over the top feature-wise.

And I've got a over the top system with UNRELIABLE remote known to man (ain't paying for replacement that won't last once you use it reasonably), won't do shit twice in a week, thank god I didn't pay for the install otherwise I'd show up and be diagnosed with tourette syndrome afterwards.

Looking for some coilovers for a 34 GTT, 33 GTR or 34GTR

anyone know where i can get some asap ?

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/forum/12-for-sale-private-car-parts-and-accessories/

@HEKT1K howd you go with buying smart phone overseas? i want a HTC One Mini 2, telstra are only Aus provider and want $530 outright. cheapest on ebay international is $490 and kogan were selling for $399 but sold out (i dont know how theres such a price gap but who knows if theyll get stock soon)

I really don't like looking through there, it's the most idiotic layout and makes looking for certain things tedious and time consuming.

I've already had a quick look over and really can't see anything.

Edited by brat81

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/forum/12-for-sale-private-car-parts-and-accessories/

@HEKT1K howd you go with buying smart phone overseas? i want a HTC One Mini 2, telstra are only Aus provider and want $530 outright. cheapest on ebay international is $490 and kogan were selling for $399 but sold out (i dont know how theres such a price gap but who knows if theyll get stock soon)

Ended up just buying a cheapie mp3 player with wifi as that's all I needed. Didn't want to roll the dice on some region locked phone, or risk smashing it again whilst intoxicated lol

Am I the only one who thinks "f**k you" towards those people who post stolen skyline threads and only have 20 posts, i.e. !o social participation on SAU, but expect other people to frequent here / socially participate and help them out in their hour of need? Kind of like leeching files on a peer to peer file sharing program. Their post history is almost always full of "help me" posts.

Am I the only one who thinks "f**k you" towards those people who post stolen skyline threads and only have 20 posts, i.e. !o social participation on SAU, but expect other people to frequent here / socially participate and help them out in their hour of need? Kind of like leeching files on a peer to peer file sharing program. Their post history is almost always full of "help me" posts.

you can't expect all import owners to live on forums mate, we don't all have 27xxx+ posts, although years ago I had a job where I was basically at a computer all day and did nothing but talk shit on forums.

EDIT*- (not saying you talk shit, that sounded bad)

Theres one in the vic section "stolen R34" something about hit and runs... Im guessing thats the one your referring to.

but still Ive been a member for years, recently joining as a SAU vic member.

If my car got stolen id sign up to every car forum and post it everywhere ....

Edited by vetter2769

That's the thing though, if everyone did what these guys do...there would be hardly anyone viewing their posts in the first place and helping him out.

It really would be the equivalent of a heap of leechers on a file transfer network and no suppliers. Asking for help from a community that you only ever seek help from is poor form IMO.

Plenty of known people on here who say hi from time to time without being total strangers or sitting on here all day.