SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Am I the only one who thinks "f**k you" towards those people who post stolen skyline threads and only have 20 posts, i.e. !o social participation on SAU, but expect other people to frequent here / socially participate and help them out in their hour of need? Kind of like leeching files on a peer to peer file sharing program. Their post history is almost always full of "help me" posts.

Yeah, you are the only one... Their pride and joy has been stolen by some lowlife scum, they're trying to get the word out about it to see if anyone has seen it (and quite a few times this has come up with positive results, like someone saying they spotted it at XX:XXpm doing 140ks on mountain highway heading towards XXX or at a certain servo or broken down on the side of the road, resulting in some footage of the guy or recovery of the car).

If I noticed my car was stolen, I'd be going straight to facebook / forums and utilising the wide reach of the car community to help find it.

weve found someones stolen skyline once, so it does help.

in other news, i just realised mad082 gave me a warning point for bad language. in the wasteland.
f**k that guy.

Not saying it doesn't work, but do you not see how that stolen car strategy wouldn't work if there weren't people who do the opposite of these guys and actually visit the forums outside of needing help? Can you refute the P2P leecher analogy? All take and no give is what I'm getting at. They only wanna know the community when they need.

haha with iOS I'm constantly getting the App Stores adds on this forum (the one where it opens some crappy game in the App Store). Pretty annoying, don't expect that from SAU (especially considering the server can't stay up for 1 day).

whats a half decent smart phone to buy? I'm sick iPhones, had every model since the 3gs... current iPhone is smashed to bits but still soldiers on and works... sometimes..

Edited by vetter2769

I had the standard HTC One. After 3 returns to get one that wasn't defective (first 1 had dead pixels, 2nd one had light leaking from the captive buttons, 3rd one had battery issues) I gave up after using it for 4 months. The build quality was terrible despite their efforts to make a premium feeling phone.

Edit: Oh and the software was also very flawed. Overly sensitive screen, crappy HTC Sense that had to be flashed to the Google Play Edition etc etc.