SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

PowerFC Question...

Whats the best way to work out my current injector max duty cycle / headroom? I did a pull in 2nd to redline and it got to 75.8%... would 3rd or 4th be a better gear to test in?

Looking to go E85 and currently hitting an estimated 75-80% on a BP98 tune via 550cc Nismos...

Any drop in injectors I should be going (to handle maybe 330kw on E85?) or should I be going top feeds?

Hamish was doing 320 with 555s on E85 tuned at Trents. That was close to, if not, maxed out

You can get Nismo 750cc side feeds (think they are red?) which drop in and would be plenty, amazingly not much more expensive than 555s, if at all

Or go IDs which everyone seems to rave about

Nismos seem to be able to handle ethanol fine

What would be the marked difference between 555s working fine and 750s not?

I have pulled a few sets out that tell me otherwise, covered in rust internally, and some covered in molasses at the tip. I prefer the single tip injectors for ethanol for this reason over the 4 hole pintle. Not saying they won't last years, but long term use, I wouldn't run them.

Highflowed sidefeeds are much worse, as the coating is cut through when they drill them.

Top feed injectors and rail kit doesn't cost much more than the Nismo's.

Well the skyline is perhaps soon to be a street drivable track car, so may as well go E85 for a bit of extra fun, see what ya'll raving about...

Will get a tune on E85 and see what I can get out of the current injectors, then upgrade them if needed... Current turbo probably won't even do 290 anyway...

How much would the estimated cost be on a rail and 6 of these Xspurt 1400's?

LOL @ restaurant game like you're a gangster.

im da bigst gangstor in da norfen sbuerbz

yeah no car ppl..

so the main ppl that run the SAu MS rounds own resturnat..

oh and Hatish, when he had a fun car...

they leave no time for anything unless theyre very well established and pretty much self sufficient,

that said, open one.

An equally responsive 300 is better though

Depends what tyres you have I reckon. My setup was only just holding second when the tyres were new...I'd like to be able to put foot flat to the floor and not have to pull back on boost cause of wheelspin. 300 on E85 would be semi slicks and still break it in 2nd I reckon.