SAU Community

E85/eflex And Oil Choice

SS8_Gohan

i have been running nothing but the best magnatech for a while now

purchased at supercheap ( i did run half a tin of the diesel magnagtech throgh it last oil change as they look the same)

special on this weekend, i think ill stock up

20% off fark yea!

Lol as part of your reliability testing?

i have been running nothing but the best magnatech for a while now

purchased at supercheap ( i did run half a tin of the diesel magnagtech throgh it last oil change as they look the same)

special on this weekend, i think ill stock up

20% off fark yea!

Pretty sure the Brad Penn stuff is fine Mick as forced performance recommend that stuff in their JB turbos and all the evos in the states use it :)

I run the Brad Penn oil, which has ZDDP additives in it, anyone know if that is ok with E85 as I will be tuning on that in 3 weeks

What one Evo person found .

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2880944

Just changed the oil in my 33 yesterday and again Rotella T6 and a genuine filter .

My Skyline at 125K doesn't burn any and it doesn't come out smelling of ethanol after 6000k .

My take on lube oil is viscosity additives and price . The viscosity relates to cold and running oil temps and oil pressure soon tells you if the viscosity is inadequate . At over 100000 ks I don't expect to have as new bearing clearances so I don't use 30 weight oils .

The right anti wear additives look after the valve train and turbo running surfaces .

I don't think price is a good indicator of lube oil quality so if you find a good oil that isn't expensive - compared to some ....

Oh and by the way T6 significantly reduces the "lifter" , hydraulic rocker pivot actually , tick in my Evo 6 . It was bad at times using Mobil 1 4T Racing 10W40 which is quite high in ZDDP and better IMO than any of the available car M1 oils .

A .

• 3 years later...

Been using Penrite 10tenths 15W-50 in my 340,000km RB30 pushing 350+ kw for the last 2 years on E85. Its used for daily/drifting and i don't have an oil cooler and at places like QR it cops 2 full days (probably 12ish hours of actual driving) up to 40+deg outside temp and i have never had any oil problems at all. Change it before every drift day and it never looks too bad (classic E85 smells/discolouration)

I know no scientific evidence but i will not run anything else after how well it has treated me for so long.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was using Penrith racing 10 tenths 15-50 

seemed fine to me, no issues on e85

have since changed to motul 6100 15-50

And haven't noticed a difference realy

both good in my opinion 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I use penrite hpr 10w-50 full synthetic .

Penrite says its e85 compatible but recommended that the oil be changed more frequently. They dont specify what frequently is but id say every 3000-5000 km is frequent enough or after a track day.

I recently converted to e85 in my r34 gtt, and on the first day the oil already smells like E85.

Car is a daily driver with 360 killerwasps

When i do a oil change ill take a picture.

That new nulon racing oil is f**king pricey when you need 10l of it for an oil change.

I just buy 4 bottles of Penrite racing when supercrap/repco have their big discounts racq etc. Ducted setrab oil cooler means 10w40 is enough for a 4 /5 lap sprint.

Edited by burn4005

• 1 year later...