SAU Community

What Can Your Club Do For You?

Aggroman

As the title states I'm just wondering what people want out of the club as of late.

Do you like cruises, social gatherings, texi's?

Perhaps somethin different to the above. Well here's your chance to have a say so we can start to plan and book next year's events!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More tech nights as promised (pref in Newcastle too haha). The top secret one would of been awesome if it was an Sau event and not the general public

Maybe a drag day or even a night? I'd like 4-5 runs to get a feel for it.

I'd like to see a few more official cruises, and to places other the putty rd, don't get me wrong putty rd is a great cruise but there are more places out there.

Love to see sutton rd again, I missed it this year but wouldn't next year and maybe another hill climb some where else to change up the Motorsport choices a little more which might attract more people in each event.

a bi monthly cruise, social lunch or what not. Cheaper tech nights that I can afford wild be great. More sponsors and perhaps make some business cards or flyers to put on windscreens to invite more people.

a bi monthly cruise, social lunch or what not. Cheaper tech nights that I can afford wild be great. More sponsors and perhaps make some business cards or flyers to put on windscreens to invite more people.

The tech nights are free!! How much cheaper do you want them to be, the club pay you to come?

Tech Nights? Say...

* Brake n Clutch

* Meguiars Detailing with loot bags

* Turbo/Actuator mob

* Wheel Repair

* Sard/Denso or Fuel Pump mob

* Upholstery Trimmer

* Royal Purple with tha girlz

Tech Nights? Say...

* Brake n Clutch

* Meguiars Detailing with loot bags

* Wheel Repair

* Sard/Denso or Fuel Pump mob

These

As said more cruises

Hillclimb at Ringwood maybe

Karts at E/C

In general just more events we can all be involved in as they seem very Sydney specific to me at the moment

If I got told that all I had to do was join up for SAU and then I could pay like $100 or $200 to go out on eastern creek with the club for a whole day and it happened like tri-monthly, I'd have joined up right away.

Look at properly established drift clubs; private track days for their crew. They're baws.

And the one argument that everyone uses against car enthusiasts that like to run their cards hard is to take it to the track; so why not?

Needs moar track days / texi's

Cruises / car meets are boring as bat shit. At least have a drive out to somewhere nice and have a BBQ or grab some pies. Everyone loves pies.

Keep on hooning SAU :thumbsup:

Edit: f**k yes; hill climb! Great idea!

High fives for you

Also; maybe a competition like the one that some other club had recently where they had to build a 13 second car for $1300

Edited by SKITTLES

While I like the input I do have to point out that motorsport isn't that cheap folks. EC is a VERY expensive track to hire if you can even get on the schedule. Also they are outrageous on their skid pan hire as well. The only other clubs that run days cheaper than ours put twice the entries in and you only get 1/2 as much time.

If you want to drift come to a texi and go for your life. Plenty of people see our Texi's as our drift day and until the last one we weren't filling them up.

Keep the constructive discussion coming, I just want to be realistic about costs and club events at expensive venues.

Inter-club events maybe, might help to knock the costs down a bit.

My 2 cents is:

Timed track day, discounted, members only, once a year, run a comp, give prizes like shirts or hats.

group 1 unrego race cars

group 2 rego 4wd Turbo

group 3 rego RWD Turbo

group 4 rego NA

Texi (yes as yet I havent made one with a car yet)

Motakhana (ON GRASS)

Drags (if WSID cost to much to hire then lets do a unofficial member attack on a wendsday night, the benifit of this is if it rains we pay for nothing and organise another night)

Servicing days (get together for a BBQ and oil change, bleed brakes, minor maintenance type of stuff, and a Beer or a Scotch)

At some of these events we could have a swap meet to get rid of unwanted parts or pick up some bits and peices.

Timed track day, discounted, members only, once a year, run a comp, give prizes like shirts or hats.

group 4 rego NA

Drags (if WSID cost to much to hire then lets do a unofficial member attack on a wendsday night, the benifit of this is if it rains we pay for nothing and organise another night)

Servicing days (get together for a BBQ and oil change, bleed brakes, minor maintenance type of stuff, and a Beer or a Scotch)

I'd love to run in an na class

once at wsid I saw a honda club get their own line up lane & runs on a wed night, wonder if we could organise something similar

servicing days sound sweet, I reckon we squat at a maccas carpark & spill oil everywhere out of courtesy

The tech nights are free!! How much cheaper do you want them to be, the club pay you to come?

Would be great! haha nah I thought the tech nights were a few hundred bucks. but if its free then defs down for the next one.