SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

IMG_8180.JPG

Are you sure the rotors are on the right way? Reason i asked is because i have the same rotors and mine are the other way, i double checked it seems like the vains on the pmu scr pro rotors follow the direction of the slids...

i though the vain is suppose to go the rear? it goes from the center of the rotor then out or its the other way?

Air should be coming from center of rotor to outer rotor

disc_rotation.jpg

Edited by ichi-go

that dosnt make sence to my brain, surly it should be sweeping outwards not draggin inwards?

I would tend to agree by looking at the design. Disc designers are a lot smarter than me however...

I guess it must act as a vacuum by creating a low pressure zone outside the vanes which draws the hot air out from the centre of the disc outwards. Makes sense in that it evacuates the hot air and dust away from the centre of the disc.

the vanes would work exactly how a turbo works

sucks in cool air from the centre, and propels it using centripetal acceleration (flings it outwards)

having them curved just helps draw the air through the disc

Vanes are the ones on the inside that pump air. They should sweep backwards.

Grooves are on the outside and remove pad dust etc. It doesnt matter which way they go.

You orientate the rotor for the vanes, not the grooves.

As an aside the Project Mu rotors dont have proper vanes anyway so this stuff doesnt matter very much.

Flat out getting this car finished guys, most fluids are in and 50% of interior left to put back in

Photos will come as soon as I can

NEED SOME HELP PLEASE GUYS.......CAN ANYONE HELP WITH FACTORY NISSAN PLACEMENT/MEASUREMENTS OF ALL THE BADGES/EMBLEMS???

NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT THIS WEEK!!!

Cheers

Insane work, well done... Going to be so bad driving on the road for the first time, I bet you will be able to hear every single bit of sand and dirt hitting the undercarriage :(

Thanks Simon, maybe...but there will be so many other epic noises!

Well I think we can safely say thread is delivering on title as promised...

How many tooth brushes have you gone through to get it to this state???? :) How on earth did you get the plugs, wiring, hose clamps so clean... man!

Love the dedication well done.

Cheers Paul. Mate I am well and truly over cleaning I can tell you that.

This car should not be driven. It should be stored in a garage that is cleaner than a laboratory

Ha Bryce, I don't have that level of will power!! I NEED to drive it.

Coming along nicely love checking in and seeing the progress every week. Seriously though buy another one to drive and wrap this one up to neat to ruin.

Thanks mate. With everything I have learnt I think I will need to buy another one to restore and not drive, one day....

robbie will you ever sell it haha?

Don't think so but you never know right

great thread.

Cheers Paul

Looks too good to take out on the street now :yes: Top work!

Thanks mate. Knees will buckle haha

Jus finished reading this thread from page 1. Superb job so far, cant wait to see this through.

Nice. It's nearly there, just need to get the time to get photos up!

Nice build Robbie, can't wait to see the before and after picture. Yay! Can't really wait to see the final output. Keep up the good work and Goodluck! Will follow this thread. :no:

Cheers! Shouldn't be long now mate. I really wish I had the foresight to take more photos of the car before ripping into it...

Power output figure will be interesting

Rear Nismo bushes and rest of OEM front ball joints in

IMG_8324.JPG

IMG_8330.JPG

Billet spacer installed

IMG_8310.JPG

Making up AFM adaptors

IMG_8319.JPG

Brand new OEM BM57 BMC and stopper done

IMG_8336.JPG

IMG_8337.JPG

IMG_8341.JPG