SAU Community

Ps4 Officially Announced This Morning

25GTT

I wasn't saying they didn't sell, just saying that they weren't aiming the console at serious games, but more the family market. if course they sold more, given how much cheaper the console is and how much more user friendly the games are for multiplayer and drunks, lol.

was thinking this.

missus is a nintendo lover, and always wonders why they dont upgrade the graphics on mario games.

I chuckle inside.

Nintendo have showcased a few games but their main push is of the Wii U, which came out end of last year (I think). No other console is on the cards.

Ah fairy nuff! I'm supposing the "Wii U" is quite similar to the Wii then?

This saddens me as I didn't like my Wii so much that I sold it a few years ago, lol.

nintendo is a thing if the past in the serious game market. they are aiming at the family market and kids. they haven't been at the forefront of console games since the snes imho. n64 had ok gameplay with the whole 3d world's, but graphics were boxy.

Yeah, I pretty much thought this. Disappointing for me but hey, they gotta' turn a profit somehow!

I'll get a PS4 when it's released, the release price is pretty reasonable.

Watch dogs looks good too

I was going to get a G27/cockpit setup for my PS3, but I might hold off now in case there's a new or different setup needed for the PS4

For now I'll probably end up going with the PS4, but still best to wait until both systems are out.

Since the XB1 kinect is a primary part of the console it'll be better utilized than how it was for the 360 so I'm keen to see how well (or bad) they do this.

Both also have awesome exclusives too and will require payment to play online multiplayer.

Schme.

Yes, the Steam Box is powerful compared to current consoles, but new hardware from Microsoft and Sony is due later this year. Worse, Valve will be launching its first console amidst strong marketing campaigns from these two giants. The Steam Box could simply be lost in the noise. (extract for the above article)

It's a cheap computer, yes?

I was always going to buy an Xbox1, but...

PR SCAM

And the award for most bait taken goes to...SONY!

That's what I reckon, too.

Kinect and Xbox Live pwns anything Sony has and Xbox being the central hub of my house is going to be totally tits.

A friend and I were discussing the XboxOne saga the other night...

He'd heard something on the internet (insert credibility here) along the lines of Microsoft wanting to have the most powerful system with x amount of RAM, but then Sony matching that in their specs so Microsoft could no longer claim it...then Microsoft expected to win the pricing competition with PS historically being more expensive upon first release...thereby allowing MS to get away with a heap of DRM and exclusivity crap based on swinging consumers opting for the cheaper console regardless...then bam Sony says $400...Microsoft hold emergency meeting and can't do anything to adjust price, so they drop their competitive disadvantages (DRM bullshit) instead.

Still side with the PR stunt, but there are some interesting theories out there.

I still dont get whats so good about the Xbox..........PR stunt my ass, it's damage control after seeing the silence at their release, and the gigantic applause Sony got in comparison.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that MS back flipped. And I'm sure as Hell not the only one.

The "problems" with the X1 didn't bother me in the slightest. I don't trade/buy second hand games, I don't tend to play old gen games, and my Xbox is online 24/7 anyway. What's the big f**kin' deal?

MS are building a steambox. Awesome. That's exactly what I'm after.

Edited by Cowboy1600