SAU Community

R33 Gtst Time Attack Build

PervertedPanda

Guys i need input from you gurus as to which way to go with wiring.... I am starting from scratch and want it to be as clean and simple as possible. I am thinking maybe a central Dash mounted panel with resettable circuit breakers and run all the basics through them so I don't have to worry about fuses. Obviously good quality wire and relays.

If anyone has any suggestions please jump in!!

Check out raychem products, you can go all out use their wire, heatshrink, moulded joins, cover the loom in dr-25 etc. where ever you mount the panel it needs to be easy to get to so your not upside down tangled in the cage trying to work on the electrics, resettable circuit breakers are the way to go for sure!

Haha this thread is turning into a 'ask for help' thread. Oh well.

My tuner made some comments about running the Haltech PS2000 ECU i have and wants me to run a motec system.

Super expensive but happy to pay the money if worth it.

What are you guys thoughts???

You might have to search google, I havn't seen a topic on here about their stuff but that doesn't mean their isn't. It's pretty high end to go with their moulded joins, looms covered in dr-25 but very good quality, there might be cheaper alternatives.

With ECUs you could argue all day about what's better but in my opinion it's best to either find a tuner that likes your ECU or use what he recommends

Yeah having a tuner who is confident in the product he/she is tuning is definitely a consideration.

Their products seem interesting, cant find a massive amount of info on it unfortunately but found the Australian distributor so will give them a call!!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

IM BACK!!!

So keen to update you all on the progress, lots has happened!!!

Although the car is not finished, it has been coming along nicely and i have done lots of work to the old girl. I will update the thread with photos and details shortly.

Noddy: The car will run a very special 26/30, standard gearbox (for now) and NISMO diff. I just had a little peak at your build, they dont look tooo dissimilar. Woudl be keen to hear how yours goes and think we should pit them against eachother sometime ;)

#skyginer: Yeah the geomerty itself is standard however we have installed every IKEA Formula arm available (roll centre included) bar the front upper control arms which they said wouldnt be back in stock for a long time. SO for this i modified some CUSCO arms.

• 7 months later...