SAU Community

Shaving And You.

NYTSKY

I'm growing a beard. Itchy as fuark atm. Any advices on how to stop this infernal scratchyness?

Shampoo/Conditioner every day and after a couple weeks it'll die down

I lasted about 6-7 weeks or so before i chopped it, not cause it was itchy, but it felt weird trying to sleep on a bed of pubes

Wouldn't want to slip

No worries for Alex, he doesnt have much to hit O_O bahaha

Shit, derailing thread, go back to shaving topic and ill GTFO!

No worries for Alex, he doesnt have much to hit O_O bahaha

Shit, derailing thread, go back to shaving topic and ill GTFO!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:banana:

Shave it...

:)

Shampoo/Conditioner every day and after a couple weeks it'll die down

I lasted about 6-7 weeks or so before i chopped it, not cause it was itchy, but it felt weird trying to sleep on a bed of pubes

seems to be working. cheers

my shaving kit ;

Omega shaving cream

Omega brush

Woodys post shave rescue

Pinaud-clubman aftershave

Alum block (almost never used).

Razor -- Mach 3 . Best disposable on the market closest to a good safety. The fusion and others simply aren't as good. Gillette made a commercial mistake making them as good as they are. Blades position and design mean they take longer to dull. They poured huge money into trying to get users off the Mach 3 but, failed ha ha..

You can get aftermarket handles for them Mekur makes some nice ones.

For afternoon / evening tidy up (if needed for event) or traveling I use a Braun top end 7 series.

Edited by rev210

• 4 weeks later...

After a few months now of DE shaving I feel pretty comfortable with it. After trailing different brands of blades I have settled on using Feather Blades.

I also changed to a G&F Timor razor in Gun Metal only because I had noticed a very slight bend in the post of my current cheap Weishi, resulting in the blade not being even on either side of the razor.

The Weishi or the copy they sell at Shaver Shop is a good razor to learn on. Super mild angle, so hard to cut yourself. It's also hard to get a close shave until you get the angle right. Reward is there for getting the angle but, it takes practice. Very good for people who are sensitive skin types.

I've just gone back to the safety last week. Pinaud aftershave burns like napalm after a very close shave, I had forgotten about that ha ha....

The G&F razor is slightly more aggressive than the Weishi (still mild) but instead of 3 passes I can get away with 2 with a touch up here and there.

I am really struggling to get a good shave at the moment. Not sure what the issue is but cutting myself more then I did a few weeks ago. Only thing that has changed has been moved houses (also new blade).

I think it is something to do with heat, my shaving cream doesnt seem to get as good a lather up in the new bathroom. Also by the time I finish shaving my actual face, the cream on my neck almost looks patchy and not even. If that makes any sense.

Left my shaving brush in Sydney while I was visiting family Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Must find alternative asap!

Electric isn't cutting it.... pun intended

Edited by Owgasm

I am really struggling to get a good shave at the moment. Not sure what the issue is but cutting myself more then I did a few weeks ago. Only thing that has changed has been moved houses (also new blade).

I think it is something to do with heat, my shaving cream doesnt seem to get as good a lather up in the new bathroom. Also by the time I finish shaving my actual face, the cream on my neck almost looks patchy and not even. If that makes any sense.

Could be different water or soap you use on your face (if you do). I find that depending where I am, water can be very drying compared to the tap water at my house.

Do you use shaving oil (king of shaves etc) before applying cream? Will soften/moisturise things up a bit. Also try applying cream to one major area at a time rather than whole face. Particularly with gel creams that you have to lather, they tend to dry out quickly / go patchy on you. And keep wetting that razor every few strokes, with super hot water!

yea i use a pre shave oil and a quality shaving cream.

I think it might be the actual water and the fact my shave area is now really open so a lot of cold air gets in

I've also found the shaving creams lather better with dry hands, but they go patchier quicker this way. Less lather with wet hands, but it also makes the lather more slippery because that's what shaving cream is supposed to do.

Buy the Feather double edge razor (on eBay for $20 or from Shaveshed for $30). It comes with 2 feather blades and is sensational. As above its angled for a mild shave so hard to cut yourself yet it's quite sharp.

I can now shave with that the same way I did with a Mach 3!! But it is a million times sharper! It makes shaving so easy. Much better than the merkur hd cause its long handle.

I can not recommend this enough, it is that good!!!!

I've also found the shaving creams lather better with dry hands, but they go patchier quicker this way. Less lather with wet hands, but it also makes the lather more slippery because that's what shaving cream is supposed to do.

As you know the amount of water used makes or breaks the lather. Get a badger brush and decent shave cream and lather on your face. Takes a few goes to work out how much water to leave on the brush to get a good lather. Start with less and then drop more on as you need it.

I just use Nivea shave gel LOL, it's too easy and I'm still fascinated at how the smallest bit of gel expands so quickly into foam. Makes shaving time fun!!!

/tooyoungforfacialhair

Buy the Feather double edge razor (on eBay for $20 or from Shaveshed for $30). It comes with 2 feather blades and is sensational. As above its angled for a mild shave so hard to cut yourself yet it's quite sharp.

I can now shave with that the same way I did with a Mach 3!! But it is a million times sharper! It makes shaving so easy. Much better than the merkur hd cause its long handle.

I can not recommend this enough, it is that good!!!!

Can you link me to either of these? Seems to be a ton on eBay and worried about buying copies cause it all looks so cheap lol