SAU Community

Calsonic R32 Gtr Replica

JimmyRickard

I replaced my standard rear GTR diff with a Nismo 2way a while back, the best way to describe it is it makes the car a lot more predictable, it used to snap sideways when braking traction, now it just drifts perfectly. It was even more noticeable in 2wd when I broke the front diff recently.

I'm in the process of fitting a Quaife ATB diff after all of the positive reviews (like Piggaz) to the front.

Ford factory fit these on the 300hp Focus RS front wheel drive, and it got rave reviews for being able to put the power down without sledging.

Bought a Do-Luck DTMII G-Sensor unit. Should be interesting, it combines throttle input with g sensor readings to improve the Attessa.

As for the diffs, just want to test the 4wd first before thinking about changing the front diff.

Is it worth putting a quaife in the rear or is 1.5/2 way diff enough?

Anyway, now just waiting for the g sensor and wheels to arrive from Japan, then I can slap on the brakes, wheels, tyres and get her stickered up and ready to go!

In the meantime, going to pull out the shocks and suss out the suspension. Had some pretty serious understeer issues last time out.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find these boot clips? They can be found both the Calsonic GTR and the Winfield car.

img_1540.jpgGIBSON_GTR_1444.jpg

any ideas?

thanks Shaun, is there any advantage to buying the adjustable type?

Is it possible to buy these locally?

Because the latches are hard mounted it would be difficult to get the spacing between the latch and catch right so that it's neither too tight or loose when latched, having the adjustable latch would mean you can fine tune it and wouldn't have to get the spacing spot on.

Love what you're doing by the way, will be watching with interest :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some timing huh, I just bought my rims not long ago!

It's only a set of two though, and I would be looking long and hard to find another two to match.

Thanks for that though much appreciated! How's the Primera coming along?

got a Little time out on the Project we bought a house so i have a other things to do hope i have time for the Primera in the summer month :rolleyes:

regards Mario

Mario Mario Mario.........you know that the order of priority is GTR first everything else second!

kiddin.

Keen to see more progress of this build soon ;)

Tried fitting the C5C's. Got a few issues, one of which being the wheel nuts can't be secured as they aren't long enough. Also, not sure if they are going to fit under the guards when sitting on the ground. They have plenty of brake clearance though. Anyway, here's some photos:1896961_10153975789040301_1557877315_n.j

999825_10153975789045301_273859716_n.jpg

1536594_10153975789050301_1770344355_n.j

1525539_10153975789055301_78513006_n.jpg

Anyone know where I can get super long wheel nuts?

if referring to these...

racingnut2.jpg

they are outside and 19mm socket too, but lock nut has got plenty of length on it. there are heaps of inside lock nuts, just need to shop around.

with wheels like that, i'd also be careful of how much thread you got available for the nuts. If not much, say hello to longer studs too. yay.