SAU Community

Calsonic R32 Gtr Replica

JimmyRickard

• 2 weeks later...

looks like the correct way to do it to me; a rattle gun is guess and giggle torque, with a torque wrench you will get it right. Also a rattle gun is likely to push past a minor obstruction or burr which in turn makes it hell to get off again afterwards.

That center lock wheel nut is probably about 500nm

Good luck at the event, love your side pipes!

Double it.... ;)

The Sierra does up to 600nm, and the GTR was a heap more again, probably like 8-900

• Like 1

Shit hey, I was going off what i think from memory some of the recent 911s with center lock wheel nut are using. Though I think they did a recall on them for some reason..

It's where copper anti seize comes into play! It makes for heaps more work cleaning wheels and shit for the weekend, but it makes sure that you don't have stuck nuts :D

I watched the R32 running today, looks absolutely awesome out on track. Unfortunately looks like a few mechanical issues with blow by and oil, and a few fresh water hoses needed, but I reckon you guys will be on top of them soon enough! Good work out there today!

Had great fun today, but a few issues as well. Before we took it out we has to bash the front guards to get the tyres to fit properly. Dan took it out for the first session and was having massive blow by issues. I could see huge plumes of blue smoke from the other side of the track which is never a good sign. We also managed to smash the nut holding exhaust in place so the exhaust was hanging off when it came in, along with oil pissing out of the side of the engine. Missed the next timed session to fix it so the fastest time he got on record was a 1.06, but on the qstarz he logged a 1.04.62 which is pretty damn quick I think. Best I managed was a 1.07.58 which I'm also pretty happy with.

It's where copper anti seize comes into play! It makes for heaps more work cleaning wheels and shit for the weekend, but it makes sure that you don't have stuck nuts :D

I watched the R32 running today, looks absolutely awesome out on track. Unfortunately looks like a few mechanical issues with blow by and oil, and a few fresh water hoses needed, but I reckon you guys will be on top of them soon enough! Good work out there today!

Thanks mate. We really need to piss off all the old shitty hoses, along with the wiring. Apologies to those who got smoke screened!

Yeah I use the anti seize on all my wheel studs, spark plugs, exhaust studs etc it's good stuff

Would love to see some footage from today if there is any

I'll try and get some footage up shortly. Saw a few photographers out there, hopefully there's some good shots of it around. Looks awesome with the big wheels and tyres. Almost there!

Heya JR,

How'd the new G-sensor go?

If you want a hand band-aiding the blowby, I still have an oil/air separator to 'test' ;)

Mark :)

G-Sensor was good! Although the diffs are unloading a fair bit which is affecting the 4WD, but looks like we have fixed at least one issue. I have to say the car has never gripped up like that before, but that might be a combination of good tyres, camber and a working 4WD system. I'll give you a call about the seperator, I need all the help I can get!

Cheers guys!

10275327_10154095460620301_1803178128339

• Like 1