SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

Yeah that is not what those turbos would be comparable to, they are much larger compressors than -5s and higher flowing for their size so while the lag may not be as bad as the increased size might suggest, it will still be quite noticeably laggier but they will also punch seriously.

Definitely a big single is the way to go for that requirement, there isn't really anything in the modern billet brigade to fit that small a requirement. There are 55mm HTA compressors but not sure that they are intended for GT28 cores and their flow is likely to be more like -9ish and better response if they could be used so too far the other way.

The EFRs start at 62mm and likely to end up -5ish in spool

I'm gonna be a smartass here and say twins are so back in the mid 90's like the old blitz, top secret, greddy, endless, HKS ect. Ect. Drag gtrs with the big twin GT3040's GT3037's GT2835's trust twin t67's and the twin blitz's and Apexi's. Also yes yes yes I realize these are not factory replacements lol but still twins with messy piping and what not are just old school to me haha. I do realize -5's -7'd -9's -10's have there place for a stealth police friendly look. I guess I'm just a whore for mid to mid/large size singles. :) I think singles have better drivability feeling and other reasons listed in other threads. Feel free to flame me twin lovers as I've had a few to many beverages tonight for the B/day.and thought I'd try to stir a couple members up. Lol excuse the spelling mistakes as I can hardly see the phone letters haha.

Cheers Josh

Agreed with above. Twins still carry an Oooo factor, but are long outdated nowadays.. I think it has been said elsewhere on the forum that the twin EFR's didn't live up to expectations? Perhaps that was a revised version, I am guessing now.

Either way, I agree twins were a back in the day thing. With the more recent advancements the concept is becoming redundant.. We can now squeeze big power from turbos with ultra wide powerbands, which defeats the purpose of twins IMHO.

Just my 2c

P.S. Happy B'day Josh lol

They involve more complexity than a single turbo but to make a direct comparison to low mount twins you need the big single to have an integral waste gate too . With two of everything you get two integral wastegates and the turbos housings can remain reasonably compact . With current technology you could probably use quite compact turbos on an RB26 if 209 Kw was the ask .

In favor of singles they're less complex but show me a twin scroll twin integral wastegate turbo and a cast manifold to suit . Then make it compact enough to drop the body shell over on the production line .

The answer in a current Skyline is to use a 3.5 or 3.7 litre V6 and if that isn't enough hang compact hair dryers off each bank . I'm not to sure how you go trying to shoehorn a huge single into a current GTR and expect to register it .

The downfall of the GTR/RB26 was lack of cubes pulling too many kilos in road form . Fine for a stripped out racer driven flat footed mostly but it's never the same in a luxed out emissions and noise legal road offering . Most homologation based road cars are like this , or I should say were like this because there effectively is no production based tarmac racing any more . The V8 Super Farts were a huge joke and nothing remotely like what you can buy new .

A .

• 2 weeks later...

could be stupid question....

would there be a twin low-mount option for an RB26 with these HTA turbos?

FYI here is a clip showing how an RB26 with low mount HTA2868s drives :

I think the twin's are going to make a bit of a comeback fue to stealth factor..

The police these days are much too harsh, and its hard to 'hide' a big single.

I think that clip is confirmation that the twin HTAs are actually an awesome thing, especially if you are looking for an upgrade or alternative to GTRS/-10s. Looking forward to seeing how it goes on the dyno

the GT2868HTAs for GTR work out to $3071 plus postage ATM for two

you gonna step up from the -5s ?

Nah man. So much money when you factor in tunes, turbos, time to change them over. Considering I haven't run the car at full noise yet, CBF. Doesn't stop me from wondering how much better it would be though :D

I know don't remind me, I'm still kicking my self I left the phone in the car, so about the same time mine should be ready for a run, got the email today about the Syvecs so hopefully that will be on its way by the end of the week