SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

No T4 divided from forced performance direct..

We can do a T4, but we only have T4 Open. We used to use a T4 divided, but these housing were never made for the GT35R wheel, so we had to have the housings custom machined to fit, and we never really liked the way the CHRA sat in the housing. The T4 open that we use now are genuine Garrett turbine housings that are cast and build specifically for the GT35R turbine wheel. They are available in .63, .82 and 1.06 A/R.

No T4 divided from forced performance direct..

We can do a T4, but we only have T4 Open. We used to use a T4 divided, but these housing were never made for the GT35R wheel, so we had to have the housings custom machined to fit, and we never really liked the way the CHRA sat in the housing. The T4 open that we use now are genuine Garrett turbine housings that are cast and build specifically for the GT35R turbine wheel. They are available in .63, .82 and 1.06 A/R.

Good info, thanks for sharing!

Yeah I reckon! The new Super94 (which basically outperforms the 3794/PT6766/pretty much any 67mm turbo in spool and flow apparently) is actually for sale for a REALLY reasonable price considering what it is capable of, here's hoping there are other turbine housings available on request for the bigger motor guys as the .85 seems a little small - though the Boostin Performance DSM trapped at 177mph so it would have to be putting out near >1000hp with the thing, so maybe the flow is suited and conventional wisdom could be overlooked in this instance:

ttp://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTFPSUPER94&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

I'd expect it would be totally streetable on a 3litre - imagine of street/drag weapon something like that could be? :wub:

yeh you have me going, ive been trying to talk people into buying 3794's and the 4294's for 2 weeks..lol

Both would be so good for both applications..Id love my old setup but with a FP version of the 4294..would be EPIC!

cheers

darren

maybe a bit off topic but ive been looking at finding some sort of traction control system that would help putting down the power without losing too much traction

Sport 2s better than Super Sports?! WHAT lol

Well why are the PS2's so much more expensive than the PSS's?! I just bought a set of PS2's for my M3 and looked everywhere to get the cheapest price, and the PSS's were cheaper than the PS2's everywhere. Cost me a fricken fortune :(

maybe a bit off topic but ive been looking at finding some sort of traction control system that would help putting down the power without losing too much traction

could try boost control by speed/gear setup

Yeah staged boost by gear etc...

They produce some awesome results and it's great to see that you're happy, Matt! The drivers seat is the best dyno after all.

I managed 375kw ATW on my 3037S with a 1.12 A/R housing and that was ringing its neck on 25psi.

What deters FP from more sales other than the price is the limit as to turbine housing options, FP can be hard to deal with and they barely offer a trade discount no matter how big of a company you are.

It's a shame because they have some great products with great quality control but being a small company also comes at the cost build time as well, maybe they're just happy with their nieche after all?

They produce some awesome results and it's great to see that you're happy, Matt! The drivers seat is the best dyno after all.

I managed 375kw ATW on my 3037S with a 1.12 A/R housing and that was ringing its neck on 25psi.

What deters FP from more sales other than the price is the limit as to turbine housing options, FP can be hard to deal with and they barely offer a trade discount no matter how big of a company you are.

It's a shame because they have some great products with great quality control but being a small company also comes at the cost build time as well, maybe they're just happy with their nieche after all?

I have heard some historical stories about that kind of thing, I wonder if they are trying to improve that image? They got Mat his turbo within a week and had a bit of reasonable input (I think?) and recently posted on their Facebook page that people could send requests regarding sponsorship based on a few requirements. They have also been seeking input and providing Q&A on the US EvolutionM forum. Hard to say though.

The housing options are just what is posted on the site, unlike Precision the universal FPs are mostly Garrett based which means you can essentially use off the shelf Garrett (or 3rd party) GT28/GT30/GT35/whatever turbine housings with them - they will probably also do hybrids or a preferred turbine housing per request. I would hope so, but I guess I can't speak for them - though seeing as they have made people HTA4094s, HTA3073s, HTA2868s etc I am guessing it is true.

Yeah definitely happy PJ, it's a totally different car :)

Wow, huge result with the old 3037, I know Adam punished mine but it had no more to give, was still impressive BUT the HTA is another thing again :yes:

Amber @ FP was really helpful but when I asked technical questions or for info, no replies were given... Anyway, I'm happy with my result...

You would think pushing into a new market by sourcing distributors would be a smart move... Maybe the results are known and the product sells itself? Who knows.....

Have seen that, it's one of the most flawed comparisons ever - it kind of sucks that people can put that kind of data out there to confuse research people may be doing.

Major flaws with the testing or data:

- No boost plot

- No tuning done to suit each turbo

- Putting a large a/r divided housing turbo on a open manifold in a comparison against two small a/r open housing turbos. Wtf? I don't know why you would go to the effort of attaching that turbo to that manifold and expect a decent result, let alone try and pass it off as a fair comparison with three turbos actually suited to that layout.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2