SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

Nope, though I personally wouldn't go for the HTA2868 twins that are available - I doubt the combination would match up overly well to an RB... especially when squeezed into those little housings. Owen Developments sell them though, and someone installed a pair on his GTR but then had an engine failure which set him back something fierce so not sure if or when that will be back together. It seems folly to me to try and push past the "-5s" flow at this stage in those housings, I guess the closest to a setup like that which I would like to see would be more like upgrading low mount T517Zs to use the 68HTA wheels, probably less likely to surge and generally be a better match.

Fair point. I had a feeling that little rear housing would/is the bottle neck. -5's it is then!

Fair point. I had a feeling that little rear housing would/is the bottle neck. -5's it is then!

What would be nice would be an HTA equivalent of -9s IMHO, something that flowed a bit more than -5s but spooled better than any low mount bolton option currently available. Wonder if the would bite :-D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

ata-cid='6899132' name='Piggaz' timestamp='1371733825' post='6899132']

What would be nice would be an HTA equivalent of -9s IMHO, something that flowed a bit more than -5s but spooled better than any low mount bolton option currently available. Wonder if the would bite :-D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I actually thought something along those lines after i posted it. Same peak figure flow of a -5, just come on even earlier. I would be so down for that!!!!!

I actually thought something along those lines after i posted it. Same peak figure flow of a -5, just come on even earlier. I would be so down for that!!!!!

Never satisfied :P

Don't even know if they make something like that.

Nothing really has happened for the low mount GTR setup for years.

Unless you have a 35gtr :ph34r: they have been making some crazy numbers lately with the HTAs

Don't even know if they make something like that.

Nothing really has happened for the low mount GTR setup for years.

Because going to a bigger single is winning - and it seems people are more keen on winning these days :D Twin scroll HTA3586 would go nicely! ;)

Because going to a bigger single is winning - and it seems people are more keen on winning these days :D Twin scroll HTA3586 would go nicely! ;)

I have no doubt that a well matched single would yield a better result... Just can't give up the "standard look" :/

^ just black everything like Mat, for ninja stealth look lol

Lol i think Paul killed mine in terms of the stock look..... But mine is :ph34r: spec..... I was originally going to do the front housing of the turbo BUT it looks too good and i am kidding myself if i think i can hide it :laugh:

Yours looks more stock than most RB25DET engine bays, defect free I guess?

then again it depends on the copper :)

I've been pulled over in my shitbox and popped the hood. I told the copper it's stock and he was like yeah it looks pretty stock to me, close bonnet.. happy days.

Maybe the stock airbox saved me from a defect, hopefully be getting turbo/manifold by Q3 after my tax returns hehe

A low mounted 6boost I think could almost get away with it, with a heat shield on the top you could just about cover up the turbo too.

post-70965-0-07671000-1371771610_thumb.jpg

Edited by AngryRBGTX

A low mounted 6boost I think could almost get away with it, I just need a heatshield made up and it will come as close as it gets I think.

If you are fouling the front housing on the 3037 then the HTA version wouldn't have much chance as it has a bigger front cover again, i should have got a side by side pic but i didn't think of it at the time!

If you are fouling the front housing on the 3037 then the HTA version wouldn't have much chance as it has a bigger front cover again, i should have got a side by side pic but i didn't think of it at the time!

I even asked you to :P On that note, DYNO PLOTS???!!! :P

^ just black everything like Mat, for ninja stealth look lol

Painting a comp cover black that's the size of a small planet ain't gonna help! Lol

I think it could be done, engine mount moved/modded but its a PITA

You have done an epic job! Hurry up and get results ;)

I even asked you to :P On that note, DYNO PLOTS???!!! :P

Did you? Oops...

I sent an email and Adam will do it when he gets a chance :) You waited this long, so wait some more hehehe