SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

Depends on where you want to compromise and what you think you will get the most reward from, you can definitely save a reasonable amount of money and still get respectable performance - however with this there is less risk you are going to look back and think... Maybe this could be better, but now I have spent the money.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hehe sounds familiar :ph34r:

And if the Mat now could talk to the Mat who was angsting about whether to spend that money, what would you tell yourself?

STFU and buy it!!! ;)

Yeah power to the ground and I can't get full bore with 245 Michelin PSS and supposedly 271 at the wheels .

My gut feeling is that the 3073HTA in an 82 housing should be a good all rounder in an RB25 provided you don't mind having what looks like a GT3582R under the lid .

A .

harden up princess, buy wider tyres. 245 wide was so 1993

:laugh:

I stick to 265/35 as its close enough to stock speedo reading! AND at 390kw power to the ground doesnt happen..... At 360ish you can get it to grip up at the start of third if you mash the pedal from the get go..... So at 271 there is no excuse OR poor suspension setup...

I stick to 265/35 as its close enough to stock speedo reading! AND at 390kw power to the ground doesnt happen..... At 360ish you can get it to grip up at the start of third if you mash the pedal from the get go..... So at 271 there is no excuse OR poor suspension setup...

Yep, I ran 255s on the back of mine and at the ~270kw area it was fine - maybe you could feel the tyres struggling a bit in 2nd, but only enough to make it obvious they were earning their keep.... nothing that required lifting of the throttle to let hook up or anything, unless it was wet.

I can't think of a better tyre than a Michelin PSS.... The traction issue described is far from a fault of the turbo or the tyre (size/make)..

Definitely a fault of the current alignment (or lack thereof)

So are all atp housings crap or is it a hit and miss affair?

People have had mixed bag with their luck with them - so far anyone I have heard of (including on forums) I know who have had issues are ones who have been running the turbo HARD. One of my mates has been running his EVO with an ATP TS 1.06 HTA3582 on pump gas for years (~330-360awkw max) as a time attack/hillclimb car with no issues. That case I showed was actually the only case I know of first hand, no one else I know has had a specific issue - and that car had been run to >500kw @ hubs on an SR20VET with a GT35 hotside and typically raced at race events (not time attack, actual laps) at >400kw so it was pushed pretty hard.

Not saying it WILL happen, but the potential is there.

:laugh:

fo sure!

I keep hearing the same bs about not being able to get traction from a sub 250kW car, it's becoming a broken record disco, get wider tyres, fix up your dated suspension and stop mentioning you have no traction.

There are plenty of guys making over 300kW and I never hear them having traction issues.

fo sure!

I keep hearing the same bs about not being able to get traction from a sub 250kW car, it's becoming a broken record disco, get wider tyres, fix up your dated suspension and stop mentioning you have no traction.

There are plenty of guys making over 300kW and I never hear them having traction issues.

This exactly.

I had 266kw and coming on boost in 2nd it would spin my Kumho 245 KU39's (comforty/sporty) tyres pretty hard. The car would snap out to 45 degrees, and bash the limiter and go nowhere really,

Then I got pineapples fitted and Nitto Invo's at the rear in 255 when the setup changed a bit and now it doesn't spin 304kw when the rubber is warm.

The setup is king.

A decent diff helps too, the viscous LSD is a piece of poo, as it's a viscous coupler there will be always some element of slip between both wheels.

Correction. As it's a viscous coupler there will always be a shit load of slip between the wheels as soon as you have more than standard power available.

got a decent diff? with 255s mine's not toooo bad at 340, retune in a few weeks might be worse after that :D

Nismo diff in my car! love it!