SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

My new engine build is finished and I'm currently 300ish kilometres through a 1000klm run in period - engine builder/tuner mandated run in period. I'm currently stuck with 4,000rpm and approx' 2psi boost limiters. Early seat-of-the-pants impression is very promising, with the boost limiter interrupting proceedings in a flash! During the run-in tune he gave it a very brief squirt up to 7psi, it took less than 2000rpm.

The engine bay is filthy dirty at the moment (by my standards) I'll eventually get around to detailing the car once the remaining new parts (billet TB, K-Sport BBK, Nismo diff' and IQ3) are fitted.

post-81-0-48859500-1423628901_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-54798400-1423629076_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dodgy designed turbo leaks oil like a tanker.

They won't warrant it as they dont make them anymore and they flat out blame the oil leaks on crank case pressure not their product.

Its a well known thing about them in the evo world.

I know of 4 other people with this issue with as little as 1500km on their turbos. Took my stock turbo to be modified at GT PUMPS & he currently has 4 of them that are leaking oil the only fix is to convert them to Journal bearing.

I spent $2700 on a turbo that done 3000km and isnt worth its weight in scrap :(

VERY disappointed as it took them months to build it and its f**ked in less time than it took to be built :(

Thats no good Mick, sorry to hear that, i hope my core doesn't do that as its a 10mm bb cartridge they make. Im having trouble getting the comp cover off mine. Anyone have any ideas as i thought once you unbolt the rear they should spin fairly easily. the fabricator is being a pain in the ass and wants nothing to do with it which makes me think he's done something to it when he welded the 90* bend on it

Dodgy designed turbo leaks oil like a tanker.

They won't warrant it as they dont make them anymore and they flat out blame the oil leaks on crank case pressure not their product.

Its a well known thing about them in the evo world.

I know of 4 other people with this issue with as little as 1500km on their turbos. Took my stock turbo to be modified at GT PUMPS & he currently has 4 of them that are leaking oil the only fix is to convert them to Journal bearing.

I spent $2700 on a turbo that done 3000km and isnt worth its weight in scrap :(

VERY disappointed as it took them months to build it and its f**ked in less time than it took to be built :(

FFS buy my HKS powered yellow Stagea and light match in the Emo.

You know it makes sense having room for a pram and roof racks and a tow bar.

Super cheap discount for you too Mick!!

My new engine build is finished and I'm currently 300ish kilometres through a 1000klm run in period - engine builder/tuner mandated run in period. I'm currently stuck with 4,000rpm and approx' 2psi boost limiters. Early seat-of-the-pants impression is very promising, with the boost limiter interrupting proceedings in a flash! During the run-in tune he gave it a very brief squirt up to 7psi, it took less than 2000rpm.

The engine bay is filthy dirty at the moment (by my standards) I'll eventually get around to detailing the car once the remaining new parts (billet TB, K-Sport BBK, Nismo diff' and IQ3) are fitted.

Looks good matt, bet you cant wait to get sum boost into it.

What exh housing you end up using?

Looks good matt, bet you cant wait to get sum boost into it.

What exh housing you end up using?

G'day Andrew. Thanks mate. Yeah I'm super keen to see what it can do once the shackles come off!

I went with the FP .85 V-band

G'day Andrew. Thanks mate. Yeah I'm super keen to see what it can do once the shackles come off!

I went with the FP .85 V-band

Nice, ive recently bought the same .85 housing to try, see how it conpares to current .82 garrett

Heres what FP wanted to charge me for ONE o ring. Would be over $100au once converted US with paypal. I said thats ridiculous and asked for the size so i could get one locally but she said she doesnt have the size.

attachicon.gif2015-02-14 07.14.06.png

those padded envelopes have really gone up in price..

just take your existing one to a turbo shop and have them piece it together for you.

seems the customer service of these guys have really plummeted

• Like 1

those padded envelopes have really gone up in price..

just take your existing one to a turbo shop and have them piece it together for you.

seems the customer service of these guys have really plummeted

Its all good went to a bearing joint and got one for $2. Big difference in price. If anyone on the gold coast reads this stay away from all performance garage. He's the reason for my dramas.

Nice, ive recently bought the same .85 housing to try, see how it conpares to current .82 garrett

Cool! Once you've fitted the FP .85 our turbo spec's will match. The slightly larger housing should result in a small increase in top end.

Your RB30 combo has the 26 head doesn't it?

Let me know how you go once the new housing is up and running.