SAU Community

C110 : Project 240K

YO880

Well, welcome to the new classic Skyline thread!

(wohoo first to post!, ain't i special!)

anyways, down to this "classic" business!

both Prank and i have just put down a deposit on a "project car", a 1974 Datsun (yep, you heard right a Datsun!!) 240K

why a 240K and not a 1600 i hear you ask!? well that is a very good question, in January 1973, nissan (or Datsun) released the 3rd generation GTR (and only 197 of them), the KPGC110 2000-GTR!! Our 240K just happens to be it's (slightly underpowered for now!) sibling, and the plan so far is to create a replica KPGC110 2000-GTR

i know your next question! "huh? nissan made GTR's before the Bathurst winning R32 GTR?", yep! and this is what it looks like!

http://server.gt-engine.info/shogtr32/reki...%20kpgc110.html

and here is our beasty in all it's unfinished glory!

http://www.project240k.com/media/pre-purchase/LD/

we will also be running the website www.project240k.com with all progress and updates.

The reason we have embarked on a project car is to enter into the 2004 Camp Quality esCarpade, which is a charity event designed to raise money for Camp Quality, a charity that helps to enrich the lifes and quality of life of kids with cancer.

The rally goes for 6 days and travels from Tamworth in NSW through to the tropics of Queensland and back down to Coffs Harbour (http://www.campquality.org.au/help/fundrai...section=cqrally)

We do need some help though, we will desperately need sponsorship, the entry alone is $3500! if you know of any businesses that will be willing to sponsor our car for the event, please let Christian (Prank) know. It would be greatly appreciated and of course sponsors will have dedicated sticker space on the car for the event.

Also if anybody knows anybody who can hook us up with a discounted new or great secondhand car mounted UHF radio, please let us know!

Thanks to all of you that have offered to help so far (and those that will throughout the course of the project), you can't possibly imagine how appreciative we are of your help!

The initial plan is to get the car spray painted (After fixing up the remainder of the rust), then get to work on the jigsaw that will be putting it all back together (seeing as this is our first project car, and we didn't pull it apart, this will be fun!). if time permits, we will be looking at upgrading the engine by replacing it with possible an RB20DET, RB25DET or possibly even a VG30DETT (cost permitting of course, this will be a farily low budget build up!)

we were lucky to find a low kilometre car (the owner mentioned it had 50,000km on the clock!), initially owned by a little old lady, who only drove it to bingo on a saturday night in country australia.. and believe it or not it shows! (apart from the obligetory sun damaged dash and rear seat). The current owner was planning on using it for a project car and did a little work on it before deciding to concentrate on his 240z project car instead.

Current modifications include Honda Accord front discs, Hi-lux calipers, power steering (from an R31), air conditioning, and adjustable height coilovers on the front! a nice basis for our buildup!

anyways, welcome again to the classic skyline section!

Kent

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, I love my KPGC110's and one day I'll restore my own. I wouldn't mind helping you guys source original jap parts if you need em.

Maybe I should tell PranK to move the Bosozoku thread in ehre, seeing as it had LOTS of classic 'line and silvias etc.

Fantastic, we can use all the help we can get!

we already have the replica flaired guards, and fender mirrors (from a bluebird) which we got with the car,

we are still trying to work out the other differences (grill, tail lights, wing, oh and engine obviously :))

we also will have to find a nice wide set of tyres, probably 15x9 or 15x8.5 :)

though for now the highest priority is to get sponsors and get the car back together! we only have 4 months before the Camp Quality event!

210_1057.JPG

I reckon you should work on filling that engine bay with goodies first...

may I reccomend this avenue...

256RB20DET_in_C110.jpg

Simple RB20DET in C110 swap.

Also I already told prank to subscribe to the OzDat mailing list. Its quite possibly THE best place to source good old datsun parts and knowhow. There's a couple of guys on there currently trying to build a 240K for a hillclimb in QLD.

isn't she purdy!

yeah i was talking to prank about that earlier, just not sure if we should go out and stick an RB25 in there.. i must admit i know little about the RB20, but i am sure it can hold it's own (but will it give us easy cheap wheel spinning power?!

there was a 240k in brisbane that we unfortunatly missed out on powered by a nissan alloy 4.4L V8 .. hmm... :) it isn't turbo, but interesting none the less!

oh the V8 240k, yeah that was advertised on the ozdat mailing list, I told prank about that one, was advertised a while back tho. He only wanted a grand or something for it too... which wasn't too shabby.

If you can do it stick an Rb25DET in it for bang for buck.. Only problem I could see with it witht he ECU, R33 ECU's are a bitch to get to work with non standard sensors wheras R32 ones are a lot easier to reprogram. A lot of guys on the ozdat do CA18DET engine swaps coz they're real easy and have the same style block as an RB engine with 2 pistons less. They've got some good power out of it too.

Top work Christian and Kent! I'll be watching this builup for sure... don't forget about lots of pics!

Have you guys considered an N/A RB20/RB25? I say NA because it would be keeping with the original theme of the... erm... original? Just work it a little with cams, pooter and compression. Sweet!

Good Luck guys

I so want to do one of those as a project but my daughter bought me a 1600 as a project car. It's sitting at the panel beaters for the last 6 months but if I found someone willing to swap I'd be there.

Cheers

isn't she purdy!

yeah i was talking to prank about that earlier, just not sure if we should go out and stick an RB25 in there.. i must admit i know little about the RB20, but i am sure it can hold it's own (but will it give us easy cheap wheel spinning power?!

there was a 240k in brisbane that we unfortunatly missed out on powered by a nissan alloy 4.4L V8 .. hmm... :P it isn't turbo, but interesting none the less!

i think theres a bloke here (v8skylineman) with that same set up? its 77' model hes now on the gold coast.. love what your doing shame they never released the 2door non hatch over here!! there was one non hatch replicia for sale here in OZ through this site about 10 months ago! wanted close to $23000 it was gunmetal grey/silver with the black watanarbes, sooo tempting....http://www.j-garage.com/nissan/skyline/200...000gtr.html.htm good luck with everything...

oooooh Steve!!! We have had quick thoughts about the '26 but i dont think we really want to go overboard with power.. just quick 'enough' but nicely doneup, if that makes any sense.

Rezz - NA would be nice, however, i dont think we could do it. :)

R34 - 1600 is still very sweet. What would be ultra cool is if you found a 510. :)

Guest two.06l
oooooh Steve!!! We have had quick thoughts about the '26 but i dont think we really want to go overboard with power.. just quick 'enough' but nicely doneup, if that makes any sense.

Rezz - NA would be nice, however, i dont think we could do it. :rofl:  

R34 - 1600 is still very sweet. What would be ultra cool is if you found a 510. :(

we are building one as well.we have imacc. shell with imacc interior doing rb20 atmo to keep with the 2ltr twin cam atmo like the original car .found old guy driving the car to church and offered him the cash it is poss the best 240k in aust. even has factory sunroof.a friend of john from uniques is helping us source the rare bits any help from you guys would be much appreciated.we are even doing replica ken and meri umbrella stickers.

256RB20DET_in_C110.jpg

um....maybe im wrong......but that is NOT a c110.....the bonnet on this pic hinges at the front....c110's dont...they hinge from the back like most cars.

funkymonkey.....my 'line is a c210....close tho....

cool project! keep us posted....

I personally prefer the KPGC10 shape (a few years earlier). However just wondering if there is a particular reason for choosing this chassis as the base for the project?