SAU Community

C110 : Project 240K

YO880

And I know you have a C211 :) I offered to get you tail lights remember?

think you meant rsx84?

oops yep i meant rsx84....

also the budget for those lights is $250....can go more but prefer not to.

cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops yep i meant rsx84....

also the budget for those lights is $250....can go more but prefer not to.

cheers

i didnt have a clue on model so so just mentioned 1977 model.. me bad :)

go the triple webbers "i love the smell of unburnt fuel in the morning"....

isn't she purdy!

yeah i was talking to prank about that earlier, just not sure if we should go out and stick an RB25 in there.. i must admit i know little about the RB20, but i am sure it can hold it's own (but will it give us easy cheap wheel spinning power?!

there was a 240k in brisbane that we unfortunatly missed out on powered by a nissan alloy 4.4L V8 .. hmm... :) it isn't turbo, but interesting none the less!

I have an RB25DE block, crank & rods you can have for free.

Minus head & front tensioner pulley, I need them for my RB30 conversion.

But if you have an RB20, it's the 25 bits you'd need.

there was a 240k in brisbane that we unfortunatly missed out on powered by a nissan alloy 4.4L V8 .. hmm... :) it isn't turbo, but interesting none the less!

Yeah there is a guy on the forums...warps he is called....he bought the leyland v8 powered 240k/skylineC110

he lives just up the road from me

as u know i have a holden(sh!t)v8 powered 240/skylineC210 coupe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, i have been keeping the website updated, but i just wanted to thank a number of people especially who so far have helped or contributed to the project!

Ghostrider - for hooking us up with what will hopefully be a major sponsor

John from Unique Autosports (www.nismo.com.au) - for providing us with a fire extinguish

Zac from Slideways Imports (www.slidewizeimports.com) - for providing a rear GT-R badge

bri33sta (Brie) - for providing a St johns offroad 4x4 first aid kit

Nick - the old owner of the car has also given us a lot of info and a few good spares :)

Thanks to all of you, and any others that are looking or willing to help us (and the kids!) out!. a list of items that we are in need of are located at www.project240k.com/wishlist.html

Kent

if only it was a c110 replica ;) oh well.. if anyone ever finds a replica KPGC110 rear wing for sale(little boot lid spoiler similar to the torana XU1) please please please let me know!

towards the DR30 rear end you can find them at wreckers or imports but you have to look. you'll be looking at anywhere from $800- $1500 for the full IRS/R200 set up. Ghostrider seems to be the one getting the parts at the good prices at the moment! if you want i could be able to get the irs system from my old mr30, it has a r180 diff centre, theres no calipars though.

the diff in the R30 wasn't LSD was it? i know the 300zx circa 87-88 had from factory, though i don't know what / if other cars came with one

not the mr30, thats like the r31 live wire system..

Great project guys, we need to keep old Skylines on the road. Unfortunately I sold all mine when my GTR arrived, not enough time or money :cheers:

Anyway, keep an eye on Ebay. I search 'Datsun' every day and you would be surprised at what turns up, including whole 240K's. Recently there was a brand new rear panel complete with a new set of tail lights!

As for the motor, go the triple carby option (already mentioned) as that's what the original 110 GTR had.

One more thing, I'm following an old couple around just waiting for the chance to give them an offer on their car. It's a blue 240 coupe that you would swear came off the showroom floor yesterday. I cream myself every time I see it :wassup:

Hi Guys, i have been keeping the website updated, but i just wanted to thank a number of people especially who so far have helped or contributed to the project!

Ghostrider - for hooking us up with what will hopefully be a major sponsor

John from Unique Autosports (www.nismo.com.au) - for providing us with a fire extinguish

Zac from Slideways Imports (www.slidewizeimports.com) - for providing a rear GT-R badge

bri33sta (Brie) - for providing a St johns offroad 4x4 first aid kit

Nick - the old owner of the car has also given us a lot of info and a few good spares :P

Thanks to all of you, and any others that are looking or willing to help us (and the kids!) out!. a list of items that we are in need of are located at www.project240k.com/wishlist.html

Kent

Was speaking to Christian late last week and have advised, ENTRY FEE is Guaranteed! compliments of Glenford's Tool Stop at Campbelltown, just trying to organise a Sat that we can all get together, but if the cheque is required more urgently, give me a call and I can see what I can arrange.

Tyrepower of Campbelltown have also shown some interest and am waiting on replies from a number of other sources.

HR & DR 30's all had R200 LSD's standard and some C210/211 coupes came fitted with them. The MR30 IRS is easy to get, the hatch will give you disc brake rear end, the cross members are all identical, DR rear trailing arms mount to an MR cross member if DR rear brakes are required, but I would assume the standard MR rear discs would suffice with slotted rotors and EBC pads.

Like you won't be trying to stop from 250+ kph.

Get back to me.

Thanks Dennis,

Wonderful news! that is fantastic, just let us know the date and we will be there! i will be delighted to update the sponsor list!

on the topic of the rear suspension, it sounds like a very good thing to do, and well.. seeing as we have the rear suspension off at the moment anyways (needed new brake cylinder seals and new pads). I was quoted $500 for the DR30 rear end (and $2k for the R200 LSD!), i assume that these are very expensive prices, if you have any idea (or anyone else does?) where we can get these cheaper i would love to know, worse case we can leave the standard parts for now and sort them out later on

Oh, i picked up an RB30E today (from an R31), the search for an RB25DE (complete engine, or top end) and an R32 RB25DE/T computer is now on!