SAU Community

2014 Sau-Vic Motorsport Championship

emts

Ah, I was think DT may have been DECA for some reason. Right now that I know I will be doing the DT in March at Calder if that can be done. Any help or advice would be appreciated too :)

Oh and you can put me down for September to help out as well.

Done and Done.

Hey guys,

Just to confirm, a CAMS L2S licence will be acceptable for the PI round?
I emailed PI a while ago asking about their open practice days and they said I needed a Level 3 Provisional Circuit licence to enter those days.
Just want to double double check!

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Just to confirm, a CAMS L2S licence will be acceptable for the PI round?

I emailed PI a while ago asking about their open practice days and they said I needed a Level 3 Provisional Circuit licence to enter those days.

Just want to double double check!

Cheers.

The "level 3" circuit licences are basically door-to-door licences for competing in national events etc. Not sure why PI ask for those licences on practice days... maybe different regs and car types.

L2S is fine for the PI round held by WRX.

• 2 weeks later...

One step closer! Getting some new (second hand) rims tomorrow for track use :) I was wondering where is a good place to be looking for tyres? I know the usual places like Tyrepower, Bob Jane etc. but just seeing if there is somewhere else that specializes in whats needed for this series (will be entering the un-modified RWD class) or a business affiliated with Sau Vic even that I could get them from? Had a look on the VPW site but they don't sell any of the particular sets asked for. But anyway I have a million questions but will leave it at that for now :)

PS. Really looking forward to next week even if I will just be a spectator for this round! :P

Yeah looking at budget street legal. I got some rims today but unfortunately the rubber on them isn't whats on the list so thinking of getting the Achillies 123S.

don't I gave them a try recently and very unimpressed.

Try some

hankook RS3's

or if you have some more $$ get some Yoko AD08R, best tyre, but highest $ as well

OTR has the RS3 at a good price.

Of course you don't have to use tyres on the list, standard street tyres are legal too.

Ah really! So the rubber on my new rims will be ok, thats great to hear, gives me time to save for better tyres as well as being able to get on to Driver trainer sooner! :)

don't I gave them a try recently and very unimpressed.

Try some

hankook RS3's

or if you have some more $$ get some Yoko AD08R, best tyre, but highest $ as well

OTR has the RS3 at a good price.

And I was wondering how good they were after reading a few reviews, people seemed 50-50 on them. But will check out OTR for these Hankook rs3's for later in the year. Thanks :)

Another question is where might I find small diameter wheel nuts? Gave a few places like Autobarn a call and they hadn't heard of them. I've seen them on ebay but I'm hesitant to buy anything car related off ebay other than gear boot covers and dash globes :P

Anyone heading to PI this weekend and want to share a garage? Can comfortably fit 2 cars and tools in there. Works out to be $180 in total from memory.

Shoot me a message on 0408808021 if your keen.