SAU Community

Dom's Tommy Kaira R32 Gtr

considering no one mentioned anything when i asked for advice a month before i purchased them, then as soon as i did purchase them you both seem to be more off my choice and want to rant about it then help. they were $300, i couldn't care less and will live with my decision haha. 

• Like 1

Um, ok. You asked and the answer you were given was it was unlikely to be the Nissan bov's which you went and bought replacements for anyway. So now you get steamed when the same advice is reiterated? Why did you ask in the first place if your mind was made up?

Also:

Sorry for pointing out an atmo vented bov will upset the ecu.

Sorry for providing the link showing the limit for the stock afm's and their obvious replacement with a Nismo item which will bolt up to your arc airbox.

Anyway enjoy spending yet more money fitting stuff that will make no difference.

Lastly you need a mechanic who knows GT-R's not that youll listen to that either.

• 2 months later...

so ended up listening to you guys and have got everything sorted now, thanks for the help.

main problem was my old boost controller was failing and was set at 18 psi no matter what so thats what would have blown my stock turbos in the end,

after taking it to get those parts installed found out that the afms were dud so had to stick with the stock ones and dropped the blow offs and am still using stock but did the fuel reg, rail and injectors with the tune to suit the -7 turbos and hollowed out the cat to give the exhaust some better flow.

ended up with 280 hp on 0.8 bar boost and 350 hp on 1.2 bar boost with a pretty safe tune that im happy with, and now just using a duel stage turbosmart boost controller

for the moment im happy with the power as its reliable and gets on full boost pretty quick, later ill do the Z32 AFMS and a better fuel pump set up to get over the 450 mark

IMG_5819_zpsq2fkq1f1.jpg

IMG_5840_zpstct0jikd.jpg

• Like 1

just my personal opinion, but i would start hiding all the controllers, torque switches, timers, hand controllers ect and get some damn carpet mats :P

but, whats the missle switch for?

Edited by GH05T

missile switch is for boost settings 0.8 bar or 1.2 bar, got pulled over yesterday and the cop just needed a powered trip, got me for not wearing my glasses $250 and said my cars not regod because i live in NSW with a NSW license but have qld plates and rego because i have it "garaged" in qld, he gave me a warning and said if i do it again $650 on the spot fine, called the RTA in the morning sorted it and now its all legit and a nsw defect will be usless and wont carry over to qld so basically i cant get stung in NSW for any of the mods ect since its all legit in qld. plus where i live highway patrols only come to town like once a month, this is the first time ive been pulled over in about 3 years of driving slammed imports so i dont really want to hide all the switches ect, carpet mats are to come in future!! but i need to finish off my chrysler 300c now that the GTR is running mint

• 2 months later...

IMG_6607_zps2li70obv.jpg

For some unknown reason my current tune is acting up and running lean, splutters on boost and engine light is on so ill have to take the car back for another dyno session which is a bit annoying but gives me a good enough excuess to go Z32 AFMs and get a propper fuel set up to get close to 500HP

anyone got any info on what a good fuel pump set up is to run on GTRs aiming for 500HP+, was thinking on keeping the walbro 255 intake pump with a added surgetank and bosch 044 in the boot, mise well get it right the first time just not too sure what is best.

what computer are you running or going to run?

if your going z32s im assuming nistune?

any thoughts about going to something like haltech?

once you buy the new afms and the unit your not far off a computer that will give you allot more.
especially if your going for bigger numbers.

Edited by GH05T

havent really thought about changing ECUs mainly because im not too familar with them, only just getting to know the apexi power fc now

how much can you generally pick up a haltech ecu for and they will mean i can run a mafless tune hey?

id be spending close to 600 on just the afms anyway and if i ran a tune with no afms theres another 1-200 i could get off the stock afms which would be close to to the price of a new unit im guessing (just having a ook now)

and are there any other benifits a haltech would have over the apexi power FC?

yeah, usually between $2000 - $2500 depending on how well you know people.

yeah their mafless and they will give you better management for knock and you know, if things go wrong. better protection, better tuning caperbilities.

and yeah sell the PFC sell the afms, dont buy new afms and go for more power.

yeah 2k of just jap

mise well do it could get 800 back for the apxi fc the 600 i didnt spend on new afms and sell the old ones will pretty much give me the 2k

ill start getting onto it asap,

have you got any ideas on a good fuel set up to run?