SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Alternately:

Found out my "blown head gasket" is actually a cracked block... 7000kms after the build.

$12,000 to fix like last time and 6 months+

Also stock neo, $2500-3k.

mmmmmmmm...

Time for a new hobby

Are you married? Have kids?

What does your wife think about this money pit?

Major cognitive dissonance for a lefty to witness a symbol of oppression banned as a civil liberty

Try fear mongering... I'm sure it's still legal to wear a motorbike helmet and carry a backpack...

Irrelevant snide comment = the final refuge of the defeated

I wouldn't go that far... the sarcasm = the relevance

Try fear mongering... I'm sure it's still legal to wear a motorbike helmet and carry a backpack...

I wouldn't go that far... the sarcasm = the relevance

You actually have to remove your helmet to enter a bank, petrol station etc, which takes a lot more effort than removing a burqa hood, so I don't see the issue with banning them.

• Like 2

Neither have been forced on people historically or in the present time as far as I know

Islam and religion in a broader sense is often a law unto itself, both statutory and socially (you have to respect someone's religion - why?), so I do smile whenever I see a country stand up and offer some form of restriction over any religious practices instead of bending over for it, no matter how harmless these practices may seem on the surface. It's a slippery slope what you allow and don't allow. Before you know it people who practice a religion have more civil liberties than those who don't, which has been the whole spark of the Flying Spaghetti Monster shit - a laughable satire that can't be fairly denied.

Having seen more than a few live leak videos that leftists are often blind to...Palestinian women concealing butcher knives in their hijabs and trying to stab random Israelis...there are some good reasons to fk off something that in most cases is a symbol of oppression from an ancient and outdated and irrelevant religion.

Islam and religion in a broader sense is often a law unto itself, both statutory and socially (you have to respect someone's religion - why?), so I do smile whenever I see a country stand up and offer some form of restriction over any religious practices instead of bending over for it, no matter how harmless these practices may seem on the surface. It's a slippery slope what you allow and don't allow. Before you know it people who practice a religion have more civil liberties than those who don't, which has been the whole spark of the Flying Spaghetti Monster shit - a laughable satire that can't be fairly denied.

Having seen more than a few live leak videos that leftists are often blind to...Palestinian women concealing butcher knives in their hijabs and trying to stab random Israelis...there are some good reasons to fk off something that in most cases is a symbol of oppression from an ancient and outdated and irrelevant religion.

You really tryin to rustle hams jimmies.!

You actually have to remove your helmet to enter a bank, petrol station etc, which takes a lot more effort than removing a burqa hood, so I don't see the issue with banning them.

Lol @ easier... In some cases a burqa isn't even a separate head piece. Can be easier or harder but somehow I don't think that's in any way related or formed any of the decisioning process.

You realise that by saying "It's a slippery slope what you allow and don't allow" you are perfectly validating one of the major reasons people say it shouldn't be banned....

And as for hiding a knife in a hijab, that's an absolute nonsense reason... unless you also think we should ban trenchcoats, suit jackets, non skin tight jeans, backpacks, suitcases, sweaters etc etc etc.

There are 100 places to hide a knife on a person, none of which specificly require the clothing of any religion.