SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

54 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Yep, car has to be able to tow my trailer and dirt bike to track days on the regular. 

Also onto shitty dirt roads when I go to the bush, so AWD might be nice to have. 

tl;dr Buy another R33 GTR with a tow bar addon 

All rounder cars are shit, but a necessary evil for people with only one car space. Daily and weekender is the way to go if you got a choice.

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Aren't simmons like the Australian volk? Thought they were pretty expensive, not that I've ever looked.. I don't mind the simple 5 spoke, but don't really want something you're likely to see on several cars the same model as your own

yeah not cheap.

but no better way to show your true 'stralyaness other than stralyan rims on your straylan muscle car.

MAAAte, anything else and your not fair dinkum

• Like 1

stock are 10.5" wide??? where??

what model you got again?

all my googling showed 20x8.5 +35 front and 20x9.5 +42 rear will borderline not require a guard roll.

you want bawler status and uniqueness:

HRE FF15 in Tarmac-black http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff15

lol

s-l1600.jpg

47 minutes ago, dezz said:

Aren't simmons like the Australian volk? Thought they were pretty expensive, not that I've ever looked.. I don't mind the simple 5 spoke, but don't really want something you're likely to see on several cars the same model as your own

They used to be, I think they used to be forged and better quality but now days cheaper due to cheaper manufacturing process I guess? 

Don't do it, too many of them around definitely in the Ford FG community anyway, I'm sure Holden the same. 

47 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

5x120 pcd = BMW
So I'll find something good.

If going black on black wheels you may as well not have good wheels, won't see shit.

Black looks good in person bad on pictures. 

51 minutes ago, Birds said:

All rounder cars are shit, but a necessary evil for people with only one car space. Daily and weekender is the way to go if you got a choice.

Arguments on both sides, some would say no point having a cheap daily if that's what you spend most time in, obviously if you could have a baller daily and baller weekender that's different, I'm going down that path with motorbikes though, track bike and road bike, at least they're cheaper $. 

41 minutes ago, dezz said:

Stock rears are 10.5" wide, could probably get some decent looking te37s on there....

I thought 9.5? Check out some of the Vertini, HRE, Niche etc , thewheeldeal website has some good options, I think eastcoast tyres also recently opened a shop in Bayswater (they are big in sydney for holden and ford ranger boys) 

Edited by UNR33L

Mate rekins you can get more for less money at dpm and dynomotive, so I'll sus them if I do anything to it.. Probably gonna have to get something else now that I've got the dog, once he's full grown, or option 2 is lose the hard cover and he can go in the back

14 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

What advantages does this have over say, a train, which I could also afford?

Fewer smelly people in your immediate vicinity

Not none as you have children 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Mate rekins you can get more for less money at dpm and dynomotive, so I'll sus them if I do anything to it.. Probably gonna have to get something else now that I've got the dog, once he's full grown, or option 2 is lose the hard cover and he can go in the back

yeah just put him in the back, put mine in the back of the mrs yarris