SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, TiTAN said:

Legit question.

If I wanted to get to/from the airport/ringwood east. I assume the easiest way (without hiring a car) is to take the shuttle bus to broad Meadows, then train into one of the main city loop stations, then onto the lilly dale line?

LOL no, you'll get stabbed at in Broady. 

Skybus to Southern Cross then train. 

Speaking of brakes, checked out the 2018 STI over the weekend at the dealership, was froffin at the mouth when I saw the new for 2018 model's bright green 6 pot brembos, looked so good against the WR blue colour. 

Screenshot_20170815-051734.jpg

Definitely needs new wheels though and the no spoiler option. With that stock stretch on 19's, I see many flat tyres in the future for the regular driver.

Must be a pretty weird looking space saver to clear 6 pot brakes.

Looking at the list of "safety" "features" it's like subaru want to be the Japanese version of volvo.

Some concaves maybe? Or some D1Rs?

No way, spoiler doesn't suit the rear end at all. Maybe aftermarket spoiler? Driftek?

Front looks nice, but it actually looked better in the earlier models as a hatch (never thought I'd find myself saying that). Levora looks heaps better. CVT only. Subaru are f**ked in the head pushing products no one wants.

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Definitely needs new wheels though and the no spoiler option. With that stock stretch on 19's, I see many flat tyres in the future for the regular driver.

Must be a pretty weird looking space saver to clear 6 pot brakes.

Looking at the list of "safety" "features" it's like subaru want to be the Japanese version of volvo.

Some concaves maybe? Or some D1Rs?

The 2018 comes with new 19s now, and you can buy them with no spoiler too if you want.

The brakes look HUGE as it's still a small-ish car, if / when I get one I'd be leaving it stock with the addition of a tow bar and axle back exhaust. *said no one ever*

The RS and Honda Type R seem to be better in general performance wise (splitting hairs) but never like the look of hatch's, IMO the Subies have best interior and best looking. I was set on a 2016/2017 with low kms once my car sells, now that the 2018 refresh is here makes me want that instead now fml.

Edited by UNR33L

If the type r wasn't so hideous it'd probably be a decent car.

The only new cars I would actually own and keep would be the new NSX and the lexus RC. That's about it. Could probably afford either of them right now if I never got into cars earlier..... But then I'd be all about the stage tuning and have no idea what an offset is and blow 150k on an RCF lexus that would be worth 50k in 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

If the type r wasn't so hideous it'd probably be a decent car.

The only new cars I would actually own and keep would be the new NSX and the lexus RC. That's about it. Could probably afford either of them right now if I never got into cars earlier..... But then I'd be all about the stage tuning and have no idea what an offset is and blow 150k on an RCF lexus that would be worth 50k in 2 years.

The funny thing is, watched a review of the 3 last night that rated the type R the BEST looking car out of the 3, you're kidding right? aside from the triple exhaust looks no good IMO. Comes down to personal preference like anything I guess.

I can justify a 60k car, e.g drive it for 6 years, sell for 30ish (same as what I'll be doing with my Ford essentially) rinse and repeat, I can live with 5k loss every year to drive something new and nice without *hopefully* breaking down. 

That's it, gotta be real with it and know exactly how much stuff will be worth in time. Do what makes you happy, only live once don't want to be a slave over mortgage then you blink and you're 50 and had no fun. #yolo

Surely a sequential gearbox for the Pulsar in the works? 

Edited by UNR33L

Why would I want a sequential box?

People never go into detail how much f**king work it is.

Im not committing stupid $$ to the cars, just enough to get the cars where I want them.

$1500 for muffler tips for the Gloria though hahahaha

they were getting more photos than the car was at the Tuned meet, and they aren't even on the car.

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

No way, spoiler doesn't suit the rear end at all. Maybe aftermarket spoiler? Driftek?

Front looks nice, but it actually looked better in the earlier models as a hatch (never thought I'd find myself saying that). Levora looks heaps better. CVT only. Subaru are f**ked in the head pushing products no one wants.

They look worse without spoiler. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

That's it, gotta be real with it and know exactly how much stuff will be worth in time. Do what makes you happy, only live once don't want to be a slave over mortgage then you blink and you're 50 and had no fun. #yolo

Surely a sequential gearbox for the Pulsar in the works? 

Have you thought about a 2nd hand BMW E92 M3? would be about $50k

40 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Why would I want a sequential box?

People never go into detail how much f**king work it is.

Im not committing stupid $$ to the cars, just enough to get the cars where I want them.

$1500 for muffler tips for the Gloria though hahahaha

they were getting more photos than the car was at the Tuned meet, and they aren't even on the car.

Pic? 

34 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Have you thought about a 2nd hand BMW E92 M3? would be about $50k

Yeah but 10 years old come 2018, and they've got 130,000kms on them I'd rather a new Subie instead. I know they're an awesome car but would hate to have something go wrong and be out of the warranty period.