SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

15 minutes ago, dezz said:

Ran over something, bent k frame bent transmission bracket, dented exhaust ripped the heat shield, slight gouge in the rear bar and probably broke some clips on the rear bar as it came out the back.. They said they were gonna fix it.. Few weeks later when it was supposed to be ready I get a call saying it damaged the floor and might be written off, 2 weeks after that it was gonna be repaired, another week or 2 later and it was written off... Damaged transmission tunnel etc etc

that is shithouse treatment.

just curious due to my Facebook stream of late, suncorp group insurance, ie AAMI/Shannons?

13 minutes ago, emts said:

that is shithouse treatment.

just curious due to my Facebook stream of late, suncorp group insurance, ie AAMI/Shannons?

My money is on AAMI

Racv.. Dealing with the call centre wasn't too bad, think it was more the assesor side of things is a joke. First off it was 'the assessor is on annual leave' like I give a f**k, get another one.

So from what I've pieced together now, initial assessor saw it after probably 2 weeks of sitting at their preferred repair centre, maybe not his fault claims hadn't told him it's there etc.. He was the one that said it might be a write off.. Then I think he went on leave, I told them that's not my problem get someone else on it.. That new assessor said it'd be repaired, which I wasn't happy about.. Waited for his call for 2 weeks, called racv and repair centre a few times, who both said we're waiting for the assessor.. Told them not good enough escalated etc etc.. Then yesterday was on hold for 20 minutes (to be fair pretty much the only time I'd really been on hold) got disconnected at 20 minutes, was going to call back and lose my shit, 5 seconds later assessor calls and says it's a write off.

Went to pick up my belongings that afternoon, and repair centre receptionist and guy managing my job both had no idea it'd been declared a loss as the assesor hadn't called yet, and they both made comments that lead me to believe he's pretty useless at calling people/customers back

Policy is new for old, but given they're out of production I don't think they'll be able to replace it.. Sort of suits me anyway. I liked the car, but don't really need a Ute anymore anyway.. Hopefully get the cash, buy a half decent ~10k run around to replace the current excel run around until I decide what I wanna buy...

4 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Had to do some work in the city yesterday, got back to the car at 3:35pm to find it towed and could see it down the road.. RIP $405 (Glad it was the work car and not my STI at least)

Expensive 5 minutes (turned to clearway at 3:30pm)

Well you know old mate was just sitting there with tow hook in hand waiting for 3:31 to hitch

I think it was just my usual luck to get that particular assessor.. But they wrote it off in the end so all good. Now just gotta see how long it takes them to approve it and pay out..