SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

We're paying a bit to cover our food / elec costs but thats about it. 

It's okay, but the plan was to always move out again after 6 months (for our sanity) 

Edited by UNR33L

On 7/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, Birds said:

Yeah but GTS-T is faster

one day ill resurrect my brothers GTST rotting outside the parents house 

it's gathering custom rust paint job atm

Edited by UNR33L

2 hours ago, UNR33L said:

one day ill resurrect my brothers GTST rotting outside the parents house 

it's gathering custom rust paint job atm

lol you'll get it running reverse out the driveway and cop a defect from a car watching you

All the friends and colleagues who told me to grow up / stop spending money on a "depreciating asset" and sell it, are now onto their 5th cars since...consisting mostly of heavily-financed Tritons and Hiluxes which they cut their losses on every 3 years with a trade in, or VWs that require a safe word as part of vehicle ownership.

Could sell that thing for what I paid for it...

If you had modified yours more extensively it would have been closer. Mine had 40 on top of what it cost, so it lost 35 over 8 years. Probably not too far off their losses with their tritons and hiluxes.

I reckon I'd be up between 10-15k on mods...so maybe $1300 a year/10 years, which I can accept. But I'd also argue that none of those were necessary to maintain the vehicle.

Where I'd lose out is fuel economy, albeit negated by low distance travel for work etc. You can really bend life and expenses in your favour if you set up all these things well and tight ass it. Cars and food. Certainly enjoy both though and would have had no problems taking the vehicle depreciation.

Subinats was good fun at the island yesterday. Did a 2.03 without 'try harding' it too much to smash my daily up. 

Came home late last night, in the rain decided to leave sponsor stickers all over the car and take them off Monday..

Nek minit Monday morning some f**kers tried to get into the car, smashed the lock and scratched the shit out of the door.. fml

Was it the 'racecar' like stickers? or was it going to happen anyway? car left on the street because i'm at the parents place (it has been since I moved back home)

I'd like to avoid insurance but if the door needs to be resprayed ? 

On the bright side at least I still have the car and they didn't get in, they got into the Mrs Focus ST without any damage what so ever.. all her shit was rummaged through inside the car 

They avoided the rusted, unlocked R33 GTST on the side of the house too

Edited by UNR33L

2 hours ago, emts said:

stickers attract dicks...

take them off prior to insurance claim as well ;)

Took them off at lunch time as I was always going to, police reckon it was targeted and planned nothing else in the area. 

I think they were wanting a joy ride, could probably tell by looking at the skyline it doesn't move.

Focus I think they tried to get in to start it and go after they couldnt get in mine, oh well shit happens. 

Edited by UNR33L

On 7/8/2019 at 1:43 AM, TiTAN said:

Not necessarily required for maintenance, but without the mods would you have kept the car as long as you have?

I'm guessing no.

I can't think of a reason I'd have had to sell it...

1 hour ago, TiTAN said:

It wouldn't have been the fastest thing in Victoria without the mods.

It could have, I just wouldn't have been able to take on as many opponents as I did to remain undefeated