SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Alexs.
Shoulda been able to buy 8 properties by now. If I followed his 10 step program to a million cash before 30.

haha. 

speaking of, 30 in two weeks - not a millionaire :( 

feeling old af

if I'm 30, Hamish must be like 65 now 

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Yeah it's like 30% of my portfolio.
Will sell most when I hit green. Will keep some because hodl

Speaking of hodl and parabolic, Ive been back in the green on Bitcoin the last few days. Obviously everything else except Litecoin has tanked.
Now not really sure what to do... First big whale sell off hit this morning. But it gains momentum just so quickly

I'm interested to see what comes of the farm out announcements. They're tight lipped about who and incremental updates for every signature they get on each piece of paper is just annoying, but shouldn't be too long now that they announce the terms of the farmout and that should give  a bit of a short term lift. Might be your opportunity to exit before any other big projects.

Awful as it is, US conflict with Iran is the best thing for US oil share prices...

Yeah it's like 30% of my portfolio.
Will sell most when I hit green. Will keep some because hodl

Speaking of hodl and parabolic, Ive been back in the green on Bitcoin the last few days. Obviously everything else except Litecoin has tanked.
Now not really sure what to do... First big whale sell off hit this morning. But it gains momentum just so quickly

Did you dump your bit coin before it popped?

Did you dump your bit coin before it popped?
Nup, I'm still in the green though. And it's still up for the week.
I'm not concerned about crypto, lots of wheels spinning behind closed doors. Shit will change the world one way or the other, but whether current crypto will be worth anything, who knows.

Basically we don't give a shit about assets with home lending. You could have $5 or $5mil to your name and it won't affect the outcome. Assessment is made based on taxable recurring income as this is what we need to demonstrate to APRA.

If you own a business it's slightly different in that we use EBITDA less tax... So you pick up depreciation and interest expensed but still essentially the same thing.

• Like 1

Started to look at houses to buy with the other half, the realization is real that you need to spend like 800k to get something remotely decent around the Wantirna / Bayswater / Rowville / Scoresby areas. 

650-700 will get you a very average (to put it politely) house in Boronia scattered with cats during the open for inspection LOL

I guess not much has changed since I got my little Clayton unit back in 2014 

Waiting for the banks to tell us to f**k off anyway though. ?

Edited by UNR33L

Leigh drive 5-10 minutes further than Rowville and look for a large sized older joint or decent sized new joint in Hallam/Endeavour or Narre for the same money.

Fountain Gate is going to do to Narre what Eastland did for Ringwood...already happening.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Birds said:

Leigh drive 5-10 minutes further than Rowville and look for a large sized older joint or decent sized new joint in Hallam/Endeavour or Narre for the same money.

Fountain Gate is going to do to Narre what Eastland did for Ringwood...already happening.

Yeah considering it, Furntree Gully seems okay for the $ too

Hard to find a place that ticks most of the boxes in general too, still early days tho. 

Also amazing how fast you can save $$ when living back with the parents, even though its really annoying.

Edited by UNR33L

Also amazing how fast you can save $$ when living back with the parents, even though its really annoying.

Don't know them feels, mine charged rent at basically market rate.
  • Like 1

Don't know them feels, mine charged rent at basically market rate.
This.
Think I would struggle to share a multi room air bnb with my mum for one night, let alone move back "home" ("home" has changed twice since I moved out)