SAU Community

Rb27/ Rb28 Vs Staying Rb26

ibrox90

I love these threads!

All this talk of power v's response v's feelings, lol.

For the record, (and to make most of you feel better, haha) I've got an RB20 making 240rwkw.

At 4000rpm it makes 73rwkw.

Ha.

I love it.

Its slow on the street. I get beaten by pretty much anything up to 60 (unless I launch it)

Keeps me out of trouble, cause' to do anything silly you've got plenty of time to think about it before anything happens, by that stage I'm feeling guilty about what I'm going to do and back off.

Oh and Emma Stone. 10/10 :yes:

• Like 3

I love these threads!

For the record, (and to make most of you feel better, haha) I've got an RB20 making 240rwkw.

Ha.

I love it.

Its slow on the street. I get beaten by pretty much anything up to 60 (unless I launch it)

Keeps me out of trouble, cause' to do anything silly you've got plenty of time to think about it before anything happens, by that stage I'm feeling guilty about what I'm going to do and back off.

Sounds perfect man.

Lag is good.

Edited by XGTRX
  • Like 1

I love these threads!

Ha.

I love it.

Just banter mate . A lot of blokes with nothing much else to do, oh you will notice how the SAU gets busy once everyone gets to work and fire up the company's computer, lol

• Like 1

Everyone knows dyno sheets show what's best.

Emma-Stone-Wallpaper-emma-stone-27023631

She loves lag.... Nice slow to start with, take your time admiring the beauty..... Just waiting in anticipation for the rush to blow her mind..... That's what I am talking about brother.

You response lovers are always in a rush that's the problem.

• Like 1

I'm gonna try get this back on topic (kinda) cause I still have a few questions... Flame if you wish.

Stroking imo definitely sounds like the smarter option if a rebuild/refresh is needed.

People here have been saying either Tomei or Nitto 28 strokers a lot - any others worth mentioning?

I understand Nitto has a billet crankshaft so has a higher redline, but what is tomei's rev limit? its is a full counter too

Would you guys say the difference in price is worth it if its not gonna be a drag queen, but will see the track?

(Hypothetically - lets say a somewhat reliable(86.5mm) 400kw+, street and track, twin scroll single etc etc.)

What other parts are needed besides what come in these kits? besides labour and the usual oil control mods...

I've had a look around of course, but most threads are quite old
(2008 for the stroker kit of choice thread, so some new thoughts/opinions would be nice)

This thread was great before people started being opinionated instead of stating facts.

Also, Emma is a 10.

(Hypothetically - lets say a somewhat reliable(86.5mm) 400kw+, street and track, twin scroll single etc etc.)

If that's all your chasing I would just go the tomei 2.8 if thats the choice over the nitto kit.

Save yourself the coin and do some work on the head.

• Like 2

Maybe have a look at going a 2.9.. I know Brian crower makes them

Might be a couple of others floating around

Going 29 would push the pistons over 86.5mm no?, wouldn't this reduce the reliability (thickness of walls)?

I also had a read of nitto's website, they do something interesting with the rod design to make the entire system more reliable, but cant tell if this is true.

If that's all your chasing I would just go the tomei 2.8 if thats the choice over the nitto kit.

Save yourself the coin and do some work on the head.

Thanks, I guess there is no need for the extra revs if that's the power goal.

What head work would you suggest?

Just trying to wrap my head around this - appreciate your replies