SAU Community

Rb27/ Rb28 Vs Staying Rb26

ibrox90

Going 29 would push the pistons over 86.5mm no?, wouldn't this reduce the reliability (thickness of walls)?

I also had a read of nitto's website, they do something interesting with the rod design to make the entire system more reliable, but cant tell if this is true.

86.5 is fine, can even go 87

My 2.9 doesn't actually make it 2.9.. It's still 2.8xx

In saying that even the jap 2.8s are not truly 2.8 .. They're stil 2.7xx

Which one would you choose, there are three?

Step 0 has the most response but lowest rev limit, not sure about 2 or 3.

How can different rotating assembly with the same capacity offer more or less "response"? The turbo(s) only know say 2770 cc worth of air pushing them, not that it has an I beam or H beam rod.

How can different rotating assembly with the same capacity offer more or less "response"? The turbo(s) only know say 2770 cc worth of air pushing them, not that it has an I beam or H beam rod.

Think he's talking about weight

Yes sorry, I think Joey is right.

I was going off what was on their website so didn't clarify.

Do you realize that Cutty has not been on HIS own thread since page 12 , post 221 and only 3 times since page 7.You blokes may have forgotten that he would love to go from 1000 to 9000rpm ASAP ( Yummy me too) and not from 5000 or 6000rpm to 9000rpm, maybe he is my long lost Son :woot:

Cutty has probably killed himself after reading our dumb arse posts, "I like them" as it gets boring if you know shit all about motors, technical shit, etc, Pics are good, so I am going to tell him something if he is still alive and kicking, some home truths as "I" believe them to be.. I find it hard to believe you can get a 26 to be as good as a 28 to a 32 as a DD if you want go from idle.

As a DD/ street car Cutty, you will be happier with a stroker in your Skyline, you say you want response ASAP as a DD , then, the bigger stroker the better to get these heavy low CCs cars going :yes:

To me with the extra CCs they are more linear and I believe safer on the road than a peaky R that kicks in hard. As you apply the thottle you can feel the car react more smoothly on corners and at least 1 or 2 gears higher. I do have an excellent drive line to help put the power down, no spinning wheels, just goes :yes:

I have no problem with other blokes preferences to how they want their cars to go , hope it works for them, but response is sort of like a swear word with "some" blokes on SAU, the only words I can think of to use instead of response is , Zoom , jump, leap, and fast! but 5 letters, quick, swift, rapid, brisk, hasty, nippy,smart, fleet, zzzzzzzzzzz whoops dozed off, time to top up :yes:

The only mod difference with the Dynos were , the cams went from 260 9.15 Poncam B to 260 10.8 ,, 6boost , 4" dump( same 3.5" exhaust) and of course the 3.2 stroker. When the 26 was first tuned with the new mods there were NO problems with the 3" dump.

But the 3.2 @ 437kw is 92 kw more @22psi than the 26s 345kw @24psi , that is a lot on 98 pump .

By the way , my daughters sleeping over tonight, so the old bloke has been out to play, hic hic :special:

post-52098-0-31721300-1441341865_thumb.jpg

post-52098-0-49164100-1441341886_thumb.jpg