SAU Community

How To Tell The Differrence Between R32 Gtr And Gtst Wheels?

They could be genuine aftermarket RACING WHEELS!

You may well be sitting on a goldmine.

The only way to confirm the metallurgy, and thus the racing provenance; is to take a small sample of the parent metal, by cutting them.

In half.

PS; My lawyer would also like to know when he can expect to take delivery of your generous gift;

He's generally in his Sydney offices on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; but not until after 2pm.

PPS; My car says hi. But in a manly way.

Racing wheels have a high magnesium content.

Dale's suggestion to cut a wheel is plainly idiotic.

But I do have idiot friends.

You shall turn a rim upside down > Pour acetic acid aka vinegar onto or into a spoke > You should see bubbles > The chemical reaction you witness, is the formation of Magnesium Acetate > 'Tis fun to watch

• Like 1

I washed the cowshit off one just for you.

Your centre cap seems larger than mine?

Written between each spoke:

NISSAN

05U20 SK24

FORGED

16X8JJ30

JIL (don't have suitable keyboard for these symbols)

Then in Japlish on the centre cap:

"We Produced with Spartan Air"

post-73571-0-60691400-1442721696_thumb.jpg

I washed the cowshit off one just for you.

Your centre cap seems larger than mine?

Written between each spoke:

NISSAN

05U20 SK24

FORGED

16X8JJ30

JIL (don't have suitable keyboard for these symbols)

Then in Japlish on the centre cap:

"We Produced with Spartan Air"

thanks thats the stock gtr wheel i got the rare n1 spec gtr wheel

Spartan Air never really became very popular, because they'd didn't actually land at an airport, they'd just get Gerard Butler to kick you out the door shouting "THIS! IS! LONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!" Assuming you were actually going to London, that is. I mean, if you were going anywhere else it wouldn't make sense.

brb, off to drill holes in my wheels for that N1 effect.

Edited by Hertz Donut

Sorry mate, unless I'm mistaken I didn't even see 'Nissan' or a part number on the back of the spokes. That doesn't fill me with confidence when it comes to their genuinity.

there is a reason for that, there is no such things as a n1 wheel
  • Like 1

Cos they are rare.

this guy gets it

i mean if they were copies then they would of put the markings around the center cap to copy the gtr wheel

why would they make gtst wheels the size of gtr wheels when they can just make gtr wheels because they sought after more

plus it makes sense they are n1 because of the drill holes make they 1kg lighter over all 4 of the wheels. They made it lighter because the n1 spec gtr is more race inspired then the standard gtr. And the nismo edition gtr is full race version because it doesnt even have a radio....thats minus 2kg off the overall weight...among other things they didnt put in it to reduce the weight

also that guy saying that theres no nissan part number for the n1 wheel --- of course there's not, its limited edition rare otherwise everyone would buy the n1 edition so they only made a few hundred of them i suppose

Are you positively annoyed friend?

also to correct my former post, it doesnt say 'alta'...it says something else...also to the other guy who was saying something about the markings, here are a few more i found on the rim

zOt6i3K.jpg

xt8c9h0.jpg

Edited by IM-32-FK