SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's - 6boost & Crg

MC-WOSHY Another good option that is worth checking out is Sydney Motorsports Engineering (find them on Facebook). He used to go by the name MX Performance and made my manifold. It's excellent quality and worth considering.

• Like 1

That's a dandelion not 'heat Wrap fibres'. I don't know if it was a prototype or what but the weld quality is poor. Even the one above in your picture is welded poorly and I'm guessing the waste gate outlet on your turbine housing was done by somebody else but that is disgraceful work.

Maybe he shouldnt put exhaust manifolds in his flower bed?

Thanks for all the discussion so far[emoji14]As CRG have had good reviews and they can cater to my needs (Twin-Scroll) I'm gonna purchase a CRG over 6Boost. None the less, 6Boost from what I've seen, make mint Manifold's too :)

Interesting..........the original weld quality looks fine to me, even puddling, good root, nice technique. I don't mind a slightly wider root spread, and a bit of overfill, it stops cracking and helps with even heat distribution so you don't get weakness next to the weld line. I can't comment on the preparation and the original root gap, metal thickness, or if it needed beveling etc never seen one and never seen one made.

How about the reinforcement which is non existent. Alignment is poor, lack of penetration, gas pores, cold lapping, unequal leg length. I could go on but it's not a passing contest.

In the end you don't always get what you pay for.

My standards may be higher but to me it is crap.

Thanks for all the discussion so far[emoji14]As CRG have had good reviews and they can cater to my needs (Twin-Scroll) I'm gonna purchase a CRG over 6Boost. None the less, 6Boost from what I've seen, make mint Manifold's too :)

You'll have to let me eye off the CRG when you get it Josh. Would love to see what else is out there.

You'll have to let me eye off the CRG when you get it Josh. Would love to see what else is out there.

Steve,

Check out Aaron Shigrov, he's got one in his 800hp (detuned from 1000hp I've heard) R32. I'll see if I can tag ya in it!

It has been repaired by a dodgy exhaust shop. I travel around the world as a welder for a living so I know what I am talking about. The welding is terrible. And I'm not talking about the repairs. I have acquired it from a friend as he was sick of it cracking. He had to pay to have it repaired 3 times. Poorly though.

If you're a welder then why didn't you fix it for him? Poor form to attack 6 boost with that example.

If you could read properly you will see that he had these troubles before we became friends.

It not an attack, just one of numerous example of a 6 boost manifold being very poor quality.

Make what you will out of it, the bottom line is that particular manifold was crap when it left 6 boost. No two ways about it.

The reason they won't do a low mount, is prob because they can't get the correct flange position. The whole point of a high mount is that u are able to get a perfect flange/collector position with plenty of space.

I've heard things, which I will add, I can't confirm is true. So take it with a grain of salt. This isn't an attack at 6Boost either. But, I've heard that 6Boost have a habit of saying they can't do things, if they find it too hard/can't b arsed

Hopefully the CRG product goes well, it caters to my needs and he's said it can be done. So guess I'll see haha

The 6 boost i had was top notch, Welds looked awesome, the only part that could of been and issue and was suggested was that the gate pipe was on a 90degree angle which i was told could lead to issues with controlling boost, the sinco manifold i just bought seems to have put more thought into the gate angle and she's a thing of beauty...

Sinco goodness...post-70965-0-72763600-1460193811_thumb.jpg

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

I've heard things, which I will add, I can't confirm is true. So take it with a grain of salt. This isn't an attack at 6Boost either. But, I've heard that 6Boost have a habit of saying they can't do things, if they find it too hard/can't b arsed

Hopefully the CRG product goes well, it caters to my needs and he's said it can be done. So guess I'll see haha

I know they used to struggle to provide the supply for the amount of demand they had. Now i believe they have more capacity to turn over manifolds

Not defending any possible bad situations anyone was put in, just adding this

Can someone post a CRG manifold in a photo...

Raw brokerage had some crazy angles going into the collector, 6 boost are quite shallow.

Pics or nothing!