SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

20 minutes ago, klutched said:

Hahah thanks mate! Time will tell how well it holds up 🤣

Got some little bits and pieces done this afternoon. Brought some lugs home from work and a couple different bolts. Got the fuel pumps lugged up in the surge tank. My rubber grommets arrived today as well so I pulled the boot floor up and popped that in. Bought some 50mm long bolts for the surge tank and mounted that down. It holds the boot floor in really well. Hopefully I can get the side trim piece in ok otherwise I'll have to unbolt it and slip it under once I've finished wiring the surge up.

So I broke the sunvisor clips when I removed them... you need to pull the screw out all the way so the clips can pop in when you pull it out. Drilled them out and put an M6 nutsert in and worked out perfect. Tightens down better than before.

Got into the back and put underlay on the passenger tub. It's a little tedious to mould it to shape but got there. 

Moved over to the other side which has all the wires running to the back. Pulled out the wires that aren't required that went to the hicas computer. Still need to trace a couple into the boot to see what they do as a few of them were spliced off to others. That will be my mission for tomorrow arvo and then I will continue pulling them out to the front of the car when I have the carpet up.

20240102_150239.jpg

20240102_151011.jpg

20240102_151831.jpg

20240102_153239.jpg

20240102_153242.jpg

20240102_165358.jpg

20240102_165459.jpg

Nice work!

there’s a R33 wiring diagram floating round the internets, which is really useful (assuming you don’t already have it). I can send if needed.

1 hour ago, R3N3 said:

Nice work!

there’s a R33 wiring diagram floating round the internets, which is really useful (assuming you don’t already have it). I can send if needed.

That would be awesome mate, cheers!

For anyone interested in deleting the hicas ecu and still retaining the factory assistance I just found this thread. https://www.gtr.co.uk/threads/reinstating-speed-sensitive-power-steering-without-hicas.507017/

Pretty simple run a pwm out of the ecu to an ssr, then straight to the power steering solenoid. 

I will assess how it feels first and then do the mod if I want more assistance at low speeds. Could even tune it to assist at higher speeds if you wanted it lighter.

17 minutes ago, klutched said:

That would be awesome mate, cheers!

No worries. I’ll create a copy tomorrow without my wiring notes on it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, klutched said:

For anyone interested in deleting the hicas ecu and still retaining the factory assistance I just found this thread. https://www.gtr.co.uk/threads/reinstating-speed-sensitive-power-steering-without-hicas.507017/

Pretty simple run a pwm out of the ecu to an ssr, then straight to the power steering solenoid. 

I will assess how it feels first and then do the mod if I want more assistance at low speeds. Could even tune it to assist at higher speeds if you wanted it lighter.

I’m keen to see how you get on. I just relocated the HICAS ECU for my sound system and would love to remove it completely.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, R3N3 said:

I’m keen to see how you get on. I just relocated the HICAS ECU for my sound system and would love to remove it completely.

Will definitely report back, will be atleast a month off finding out though. 

How does your sub go going through the rear sound deadening etc? I've been looking at putting a slimline underseat sub back in the same spot you put yours. Not sure if it'll have enough balls though.

Forgot to mention that my mate picked up a 1.32 rear housing for me from down south over the Christmas break. Got it for an absolute steal at $200 and already ceramic coated. Should get it next week, so another thing to add to the list. Have been thinking about pulling the mani back off and getting some egt bungs welded on for future use, and recoated as the coating is starting to come off a bit and has some surface rust.

Have also ordered a 38mm clamp for my new rad pipe to suit the new hose for the hypertune intake. 

Andddd new AN6+AN8 hardline so I can start redoing my surge tank lines, which should be here tomorrow.

IMG_20240102_205151.jpg

Screenshot_20240102_205239_eBay.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, klutched said:

Will definitely report back, will be atleast a month off finding out though. 

How does your sub go going through the rear sound deadening etc? I've been looking at putting a slimline underseat sub back in the same spot you put yours. Not sure if it'll have enough balls though.

It goes ok, as I never was after huge bass. If I ran it on a separate more powerful monoblock amp it would be better. I’m not sure an under seat sub would be powerful enough there..

Hardline arrived today, anyone know a good bender that does AN6 and AN8 that doesn't cost a truck load? 

Smidge more done today, will finish the hump tomorrow and then probably move onto the passenger door. Start by removing all the plastic and black shit it's stuck to and hopefully a couple pieces of deadening.

20240103_165843.jpg

• Like 3

Got up this morning and finished marking the diamonds up on the front trims, and got them both sewn up and glued on. Now onto the door deadening so I can put them back on!

20240106_153426.jpg

20240106_153429.jpg

• Like 4

Got a few hours on her today and finished off the rear seats and got cracking on the passenger door. Absolute prick cleaning off the black shit that sicks the plastic liner on. Managed to pull a lot of it off and then use the ball of it to stick to the stuff left on and pull it off. Then a good clean with brake cleaner got the final bits off. My hands were black by the time I was done...

Got a few pieces of deadener in the door, bar a piece up the top behind the handle as its an absolute prick to get to and there's no hope of rolling it. Got the roof underlay out and popped all the clips and bits and pieces off the door so I could clean and lay it nicely. Turned out pretty good and should help block the noise out a bit better. Got the door card back on to see how it looked with the new trim. Have to pull it back off to install new speakers when I decide what to put in. 

Started pulling the carpet up to take a look at what I'm dealing with. Bit grubby under there so gave it a quick vac. Will need a good wipe down as well. I think I'll just send the sound deadening over the bitumen deadening with the Stage 2 Car builders 10mm underlay. Not gonna be able to hear the rods knock now 😅

Turbo is back off to make way for the new housing. Should have it tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Ordered a Boost Doc coolant thermostat block as I cbf tapping it to suit my old fitting. That should be here tomorrow. Probably going to be a prick to install now the motors in and intake is on... 

My HDI 38mm billet clamp turned up on Friday, and have ordered a 38mm 90⁰ bend which will hopefully be enough for I need.

20240107_102218.jpg

20240107_102147.jpg

20240107_150248.jpg

20240107_150251.jpg

20240107_162146.jpg

20240107_164233.jpg

20240107_171420.jpg

20240107_171503.jpg

308A8383.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

Yeah enjoy installing that fitting with everything in place!!

Indeed haha. I had a quick try of putting the knock sensor studs in but didnt go too well 🤣 might have to pull the alternator out and see how we go.

The thermostat block turned up today. Will sus out getting it in tomorrow along with the heater lines. Ill have to make one of the hoses shorter as this will stick out further than the fitting I had in before.

20240108_154327.jpg

• Like 1

Got the new 1.32 rear housing today and wasted no time in getting it on. Little bit bigger than the old 1.0. If anyone's chasing a brand new t4 split 1.0 rear hit me up.

Also got my car seat kit. Might take a look at putting that in tomorrow. Will have to take a few panels back off then I can put it all back in along with the rear seats.

20240109_144445.jpg

20240109_145116.jpg

20240109_184525.jpg

• Like 2

Did some more sound deadening this arvo. Gave the floorpan a vac and wipe down with metho and went to town. Absolute prick to do with the carpet in, especially in the front foot well. Friday i'll hopefully get the underlay down and move onto the driver's side.

20240110_162439.jpg

20240110_171435.jpg

20240110_171634.jpg

• Like 4

Tried to install the car seat brackets the other day but theyre to suit a rear speaker setup... So I've ordered some flat ones to suit. Have seen new oem style parcel trays which I'm tempted to buy to replace mine as it's pretty farked. 

Got the underlay down this arvo. Don't mind the birds nest 🤣 A lot easier to put down than the deadener. I took it up the firewall a little bit over the factory deadening so it should help keep a bit more heat out off the turbo.

Hopefully get some time over the weekend to start on the driver's side and finish putting underlay over the hump as well.

20240112_154928.jpg

20240112_154934.jpg

• Like 2

Dash and carpet came out today so I could access the trans tunnel easier. Removed the wires from the hicas computer back to the drivers footwell. Absolute cluster fk after that so gonna leave them there for now.

Need to tidy up some other wiring in the dash that have become a mess over the years and the different setups.

Managed to get deadener down in the rear footwell. Hoping to get a few hours tomorrow to do the front and then underlay them both.

20240113_112026.jpg

20240113_120009.jpg

20240113_160152.jpg

20240113_160238.jpg

• Like 2

Got the rest of the floor and tunnel deadening and underlay down today. A lot easier with the dash and carpet out. 

Put the couple of brackets back in as well as the rear feet ac ducts and then got the carpet back in. Needs a good vac but ill do that after I've done the rest of the stuff I need to do. 

With all the extra underlay now the foot rest didnt want to fit back to well, especially with the stock bolts. End up drilling out the holes on the footrest to a 7.5 and putting in stock cam cover bolts with worked great.

Need to tuck a couple more bits and pieces of the carpet in and then I'll start mounting the tcu and wiring harness and start running some wires to it. Or maybe I'll get the drivers door all deadened so I can put it back together 🤣

20240114_102644.jpg

20240114_113527.jpg

20240114_113557.jpg

20240114_121503.jpg

20240114_140404.jpg

20240114_140638.jpg

New flat top tether brackets turned up today, so I wasted no time in getting them in. Also meant that I could finally put the back of the car together again. 

Found the factory underlay and gave it a wipe down and tried to get it clipped on. It's on its last legs now but hopefully wont have to pull the rear seats out for a while. Might have to get some of the car builders mass noise liner to replace it in the future.

Rear seats and interior went back in. It's starting to look like a car again andd I'm getting some shed space back, thank god.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get cracking and bolt the TCU down and put the wiring harness in and start running some wires around the cab. Believe I need to run 12v in x3, Gnd in x3, Ign in, Reverse light out, Handbrake in, Footbrake in 12v, Paddle up, Paddle down and can to ecu

Should be a lot easier to get them where I need and make it look half decent. 

20240116_163918.jpg

20240116_165519.jpg

• Like 1