SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

On 7/11/2022 at 8:06 AM, ActionDan said:

I am seeing new CD009s for 4-4.5k

Has got me thinking I just go that way until the ZF stuff is better supported, but lets me real, my car is so far away I'll be putting in a ZF12HP40000

Yeah thats new pricing, slap in the manual, get it run in and tested then go to the "Flappy Paddle" gearbox

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:24 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

I've been emailing Decs from Mectric Motorsport and he said the Praetor PTC won't be available until mid next year ATM.

Seen that Race Services have HGT in stock https://www.raceservice.com.au/product-category/dct-conversions/ but at that price I would rather wait as still issues with HGT. Rather support a local business/person with a history of doing good work.

At the moment I'm going to give the getrag DCT/ZF a miss and go cd00* while support/products become more available.

What the acutal gosh darn are those prices lol, is race services run by bitcoin wanker sanders? I purchased all of my stuff from norway delievered for about 1/3 of those prices. I am getting more and more exposure to HTG and i was extremely apprehensive at the start but the longer i spend with it the more i like it. They really just needed to hold off release until they had a more mature product but its well on its way there now.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

Good job on the render, can be a pain to do.

Have you bought a controller yet for the gearbox? I've tried the ones mentioned but either out of stock or no replys.
I'm about to start looking into an Emtron or syvecs as I think Whifbitz in the UK originally were using them for gearbox control.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:34 AM, ActionDan said:

Seems everybody is slow to respond, Turbo Lamik haven't responded to me yet, I told Haltech they need to make a GCU so we have something local. 

Let me know what you find out about emtron/syvencs Rob

Powertune will be releasing M1 based control solutions within the next 6 months

On 7/21/2022 at 11:21 AM, ActionDan said:

What's M1 mean? 

I was looking at the Powertune dash but by their own admission it's not good for track use/lap timing. 

Could still run race chrono on the phone etc, but I'd rather all data be in place so I'm looking at Aim instead. 

Im talking Sydney based workshop powertune not the garbage ipad strapped to dash powertune thing.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:56 AM, ActionDan said:

Ahh, too cool for me. 

I always find the MoTeC stigma very funny, not sure how or why it exists but it's certainly a thing.

On 7/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Im talking Sydney based workshop powertune not the garbage ipad strapped to dash powertune thing.

I always find the MoTeC stigma very funny, not sure how or why it exists but it's certainly a thing.

Ahh ok.

Re MoTeC I just assume it's mega dollars, I'm not a big baller flush with crypto gains so I tend to look for value for money options, even the GT-R was done "sensibly" imo. 

That said, it's all based on an assumption that the MoTeC gear is expensive, no stigma, just assumption about costs, nothing more. 

On 24/07/2022 at 7:41 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

want new features? pay for firmware unlocks... that's why.

Buy a Link or Haltech or Adaptronic, you have all the features ready to go.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 11:23 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

want new features? pay for firmware unlocks... that's why.

Buy a Link or Haltech or Adaptronic, you have all the features ready to go.

The wording @iruvyouskyrinewas responding to was clearly implying that Motec M1 was just about the cool thing as opposed to the fact that there are definitely advantages to it if you have the money and need.  

Link/Haltech/Adaptonic need not apply when you are talking "firmware unlocks" in this context, these are packages which means you can load all new functionality specific to what you are doing with your car.   You don't have the features ready to go because they don't have the features, and may never get said features with those options.   If someone invented (just as a random idea) an electric motor setup that could integrate with an RB gearbox to create a torque fill system to make up to turbo lag then you may (probably won't) NEVER get a release from Haltech, Link or Adaptronic, but with an M1 then it could be a few weeks of development by Powertune's M1 guy to add it to the torque management system and then download the new firmware, update to suit and profit.

Those ECUs, and to a greater extent the Emtron are absolutely brilliant for 99% of people, so no hate at all for them... they very much have their place (same place I and MOST of my friends exist) but M1 also has it's place, but it ain't cheap.   Doesn't mean it's not worth mentioning when discussing features that the others don't have.

On 26/07/2022 at 11:53 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Your tone of voice @Lithium nearly suggests I was bagging out MoTec which I am not.

I was just representing what the general car enthusiast community in Australia think of MoTec in general.

Wasn't 100% sure so the answer wasn't fully directed at you, but generally "in case anyone see or read it that way".  That general view makes sense for most, but felt should point out that it's not just wank - well at least unless someone is buying an M1 and using it like a G4+ Plugin haha.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not much happening lately. Dropped the motor down to my machinist/builder on Monday so he'll get cracking on that. Started putting the interior back together as well. Still need to go through the wiring and remove the HICAS stuff as it isn't needed. Decided I'm not gonna cut up the boot now so I'll just weld a few holes I dont need and then give it a spray of black. 

Have just ordered my TCU, hopefully arrive here in a week or two. Will have a look at gearboxes next week and try and sort something out. Once I get them here I'll dummy fit them on my old block in the car and start wiring it all up, do the mecatronics mod on the trans, sort out a tailshaft and make up cooler lines.

Will keep everyone posted :)

• Like 6

On 8/6/2022 at 6:06 PM, klutched said:

Not much happening lately. Dropped the motor down to my machinist/builder on Monday so he'll get cracking on that. Started putting the interior back together as well. Still need to go through the wiring and remove the HICAS stuff as it isn't needed. Decided I'm not gonna cut up the boot now so I'll just weld a few holes I dont need and then give it a spray of black. 

Have just ordered my TCU, hopefully arrive here in a week or two. Will have a look at gearboxes next week and try and sort something out. Once I get them here I'll dummy fit them on my old block in the car and start wiring it all up, do the mecatronics mod on the trans, sort out a tailshaft and make up cooler lines.

Will keep everyone posted :)

Awesome! Keep moving forward 👌

• Like 1

TCU is enroute, should be here on Monday. Have just paid for a transmission locally, they've got to pull it out of the car and should be with me on Friday. Just getting little bits and pieces I need for wiring. Thinking about using a small bulkhead connector to run the transmission wiring through the tunnel as the trans plug is quite big. 

So all going well i should have the box dummy fitted up next weekend and start wiring.

• Like 3