SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Got the driver's door deadened on Wednesday and then finished putting the wiring and handle back on today and got the door card on. Need to decide on some decent speakers to run and install them before I screw them back on. 

20240117_165927.jpg

20240119_155510.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klutched said:

Need to decide on some decent speakers to run and install

When faced with the same thing I recently(ish) bought

Hertz C 165 6.5" 210 Watts Cento Series Component Woofer - Pair

from Frankies Auto Electrics. I only bought the woofers because I was reusing some crossovers and tweeters that would work real well with them, but the full kit wouldn't have cost a lot more. They are very good speakers for the price.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, klutched said:

Got the driver's door deadened on Wednesday and then finished putting the wiring and handle back on today and got the door card on. Need to decide on some decent speakers to run and install them before I screw them back on. 

20240117_165927.jpg

20240119_155510.jpg

I went with kicker gear for mine. I’d say it’s mid range (I’m no audio guru…). I’d recommend running new decent speaker wiring through the doors though for the new speakers, especially if using an amp. It’s a bit of a prick, but worth it IMO.

• Like 1

Mounted up the TCU and ran all the wiring in. Heatshrunk the grommet onto the harness so it sits nice going down to the box. 

Cleaned up some of the old wiring through the dash and removed some unneeded ones as well. Still need to work out what a couple of wires are that I put in ages ago. 

Hoping to get it wired and interior back together this week then onto finishing the engine bay.

20240121_153805.jpg

20240121_163951.jpg

20240121_163956.jpg

• Like 5

Got most of the wiring done today. Prick of a spot to try and wire in behind the stereo there. Just need to work out which wire I have to splice into to get a 12v from the footbrake switch. Ive got 2 wires there for future paddles. Need to also work out what wires i can use going into it if any. There is a way I can wire it if I can only get one wire through with different sized resistors on each paddle. Will investigate it more tomorrow.

20240124_161245.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Looney_Head said:

Looking great. where did you get your sound deading from and how much did you use?

Thanks mate. I got the deadening off ebay which was an 8m roll x500mm wide so 4m². I actually ordered another one but I just used the 4m². You will use more depending where else you deaden though. Floor and roof inso is both carbuilders. I got heaps of that but didn't use too much. The floor I think I used about one sheet and the roof I used maybe half of the 6m roll. 

• Like 1

My dash wiring was a mess so I cleaned it up and added a deutsch connector so I can remove it easily if I need to. Also deleted the haltech fuel level sender thing I had in there and ran it straight into the dash. Will have to play around with it all again and try and get it working properly. 

Also wired up the foot brake switch back to the TCU. Hopefully I spliced into the correct wire. No battery in atm so I couldnt see which one had power on it and couldnt be bothered belling it so I used the one with the same colour at the brake lights. 

Started getting the dash all back in and together. I still need to crimp up the other end of the deutsch connector that goes to the dash which is Ign, gnd and can low and hi. Then off the ecu I need to get can 2 low and high and wire it to the connector for the TCU and that should complete my wiring for now until I decide to hook up the front and rear wheel speed sensors. 

20240125_153609.jpg

20240125_172659.jpg

• Like 2

Spent some time this morning wiring up the can and power to the dash as well as the can to the TCU. Put a few deutsch connectors in to make it easier to pull them out or move stuff out of the way. 

Jumped into the bay and got a couple of shit jobs out of the way. Got the heater hoses cleaned out and installed. Had just enough clearance to get the clamp in behind the head drain. The new gearbox setup has dropped the back of the engine down a bit which means I have to get the cold side refabbed as the front is now higher. 

Got the boost doc thermostat fitting in and shortened the heater hose down to suit which ticks another item off the list. 

Then I pulled the oil cooler lines and filter relocation off and gave them a clean and put them all back on ready to go. 

Engine grounds and alternator output is all bolted up. 

I think the intake side is almost done apart from fab. Just have to bolt the iacv back up, clean the fuel lines out and put them in and fuel rail and injectors in. 

20240126_112028.jpg

20240126_120659.jpg

20240126_123038.jpg

20240126_171109.jpg

20240126_171123.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Good progress, back on the dirty side though:)

I guess the boost doc water fitting / AN converter is press in, do they recommend a sealant?

Nah he didn't so we will see how it goes 🫣

16 hours ago, klutched said:

I think the intake side is almost done apart from fab. Just have to bolt the iacv back up, clean the fuel lines out and put them in and fuel rail and injectors in. 

Didn’t want to go DBW while you’re doing fab to get rid of the iacv?

6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

He doesn't want me to say "I told you so" for not buying a Haltech 2500.

Ah, I’ll leave it at that…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, R3N3 said:

Didn’t want to go DBW while you’re doing fab to get rid of the iacv?

Haha I was just talking about it yesterday. The link g4+ isn't worth upgrading to dbw. If I do I'll go to a g4x plugin and get them to install it so I don't have to ship back and forth. Then I would be able to wire in my front and rear wheel speed sensors as well

• Like 1

Forgot to mention I ordered some Focal PS 165 SF speakers for her which should be here this week. Will look at amps once the cars all running. 

Started planning and constructing a new engine harness yesterday to run a new ecu and the addition of DBW. 

Pretty much done the front of the engine. Just need to add ignition, injectors, oil temp sensor and might possibly add flex sensor as well. 

20240128_165627.jpg

20240128_175017.jpg

20240128_195022.jpg

• Like 3

Laid the remaining wires onto the harness and got it all ready to be terminated. Will be branching off backwards for the injectors and coilpacks so I'm in for a bit of fun there crimping them all up. Waiting for my dtm crimpers to arrive with the rest of my DBW throttle and adapters I ordered which should be here tomorrow, then I can start sorting out the bulkhead connector and marking the wires to terminal letters. 

20240130_145531.jpg

20240130_151052.jpg

8 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Nice work on all the little improvements.
What ecu are you going to go to? 

Will 99% be going to a fury x over the g4x plugin. Onboard wideband and dbw and I can finally f**k the factory butchered harness I made off haha and give her the harness she deserves 🤣

TB and a few bits and pieces rocked up. I'm just waiting on the TB adapter i'm hoping is today. Fkn its probably about 2mm off each hole compared to the Hypertune 90mm TB.... They should change their design and match it so it's an easier swap between the two.. 

I started terminating the bulkhead connector the other day. Have 8 wires left to terminate this arvo and then my splice crimps should arrive today as well so I can start the ign and inj looms.

New Focals turned up yesterday as well. Can't wait to test them out! The tweeter cups are going to fit perfectly in behind the mirrors there.

20240131_151235.jpg

20240131_200407.jpg

20240201_141402.jpg

20240201_142336.jpg

20240201_142342.jpg

Edited by klutched
  • Like 1